blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:39:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Anon at dtd
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anon at dtd  (Read 11161 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2012, 02:14:32 AM »

Oh, and if an Anon finals these days at DTD with finals live streamed...the whole Anon thing is pointless as he or she will be there for all to see

It all seems rather pointless in the age of Hendonmob/google anyway.

I presume the names would come up on the live stream too?

faces would, for sure.....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2012, 02:19:33 AM »

I understand that it will all come out if an Anon reahces FT, but isn't the whole point of them being "Anon" being unknown to no quantity, rather than someone having an iffy image of someone it could be?

"Anon with dodgy shirt"

MUST BE JASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink Smiley
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:22:42 AM by aaron1867 » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2012, 02:24:44 AM »

I understand that it will all come out if an Anon reahces FT, but isn't the whole point of them being "Anon" being unknown to no quantity, rather than someone having an iffy image of someone it could be?

Aaron

No one will have a clue who it is

There are hundreds of local DTD players there several times a week, or most weekends when I am there

A quick additional description helps me to distinguish between different Anons, and aids the reader understand (many of whom read the update in the days afterwards) how a big stacked Anon, for example, accumulates a stack as per last night

Quite often I am reporting on several Anons if they are in key hands I notice. I have to report that in a way that doesn't confuse people

eg Anon doubles up with AK v QQ v Peejay ,  ten minutes later Anon loses KK v QQ v George2loose

Same Anon, different Anon?

My eyes are open wide
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2012, 09:00:25 AM »

Aaron

No one will have a clue who it is

There are hundreds of local DTD players there several times a week, or most weekends when I am there

A quick additional description helps me to distinguish between different Anons, and aids the reader understand (many of whom read the update in the days afterwards) how a big stacked Anon, for example, accumulates a stack as per last night

Quite often I am reporting on several Anons if they are in key hands I notice. I have to report that in a way that doesn't confuse people

eg Anon doubles up with AK v QQ v Peejay ,  ten minutes later Anon loses KK v QQ v George2loose

Same Anon, different Anon?

Yessssss Richard .

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2012, 09:04:43 AM »

Tighty's job is hard enough as it is, I think we have to leave it to his judgement.

Strictly speaking, legally if you like, I would think he can report any name he so wishes, it's "in the domain". A footballer can't play a match with "Anon" on his shirt. He puts himself in the public eye, & has to live with the consequences.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2012, 09:18:40 AM »

Tighty's job is hard enough as it is, I think we have to leave it to his judgement.

Strictly speaking, legally if you like, I would think he can report any name he so wishes, it's "in the domain". A footballer can't play a match with "Anon" on his shirt. He puts himself in the public eye, & has to live with the consequences.

But he doesn't pay for the right to Play.

The main thing is it can piss dtd off if 5 high volume punters, I guess they probably play jj and rollers get put off
Because neon anon means half anon when blonde update and they will lose income ", as simple as that really.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2012, 10:13:48 AM »

There has only ever been one occasion when an Anon punter has been pissed off, and on that occasion I was threatened with being kneecapped outside (seriously) if I even mentioned any hand this Anon was involved in, so he was pissed off even before I was tempted to take the piss out of him!

I've kept countless confidences as to why people are Anon, the blonde updates have never cost DTD revenue and never would

As I say a brief description sometimes aids the updates. "Local Anon" is about as generic as it gets, and no one has a clue who it is.

Yesterday an Anon finished second in chips too. No description for him but come Sunday when two Anons begin play with at least double average stacks then if they both go deep they'll need a little differentiating description even if is Local and Non Local Anon otherwise the updates become unfathomable

My eyes are open wide
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2012, 11:43:45 PM »

Having not finalled a dtd big tournament since the introduction of the streamed final tables..

do you have to sign something prior to sitting? because I've never signed a 'pokerstars' style media acceptance form at dtd and don't remember an email with changed tnc's... but i could easily have not remembered one even if I was sent it four times..

so what would happen if someone needed to stay anon and finalled?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2012, 12:50:54 AM »

There is a massive difference between having your face on a live stream and having your name on the website.

If an employer (etc) puts your name into Google, that will pop up. How many anti-poker employers are watching the live stream?

Recruitment agencies warn people about what they have on their Facebook page that is accessible to friends or friends of friends. If someone you know got you the interview and their boss is the one interviewing you, they might see that picture of you snorting what you later learned to be talcum powder from Eduardo's rippled abs on a hotel bathroom floor in Marbella.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2012, 11:52:36 AM »

There is a massive difference between having your face on a live stream and having your name on the website.

If an employer (etc) puts your name into Google, that will pop up. How many anti-poker employers are watching the live stream?

Recruitment agencies warn people about what they have on their Facebook page that is accessible to friends or friends of friends. If someone you know got you the interview and their boss is the one interviewing you, they might see that picture of you snorting what you later learned to be talcum powder from Eduardo's rippled abs on a hotel bathroom floor in Marbella.

This. Well, the first bit anyway.

mouth

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »

I really really want to post on this thread. I want to post so much it is physically hurting me. The consequences however will hurt me more, similar to Tighty's knee capping tale. So I won't.

But F me I want to.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: