blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:57:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Some days-
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some days-  (Read 3583 times)
Thespeedman

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2005, 10:37:44 AM »

you just know you should have stayed in bed....... Walsall 300 freeze-out. Having sat through the super sat in the afternoon getting cards that had gaps big enough to drive through the main event started off the same. Managed to hold on for three hours with just one winning hand to find myself in BB with -10d. Best hand i've seen so far.
Player to my left rises 500 and everyone folds round to me. Call the 500 to see the flop. flop 2-4-10 with 2 diamonds. Not bad- got top pair with good kicker plus diamond flush draw. Matey looks at my stack ( or lack of it) and bets 1400 to put me all-in. O h well now or never... Call his bet and turn over cards. Matey turns over K J off suit. Wow i'm massive favourite he needs a jack or Q-9 / Q- A with no diamonds Turn Q River A with ..... no diamonds .... Arrrghh!!!!
Oh well alwaysthe 500 tomorrow ( at least i won a seat for that in the super sat)
The speedman

What if I'm not really here? I may just be imagining it.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 10:57:24 AM »

Think that's bad?
walsall 300 freeze out.....1st hand!
Lucy Rokach arrives just as the first hand is being dealt, raises the pot. Oriental fella to my left calls,
flop 7 9 10
Lucy raises pot
reraise from fella
reraise from Lucy allin
called!
Lucy pair of jacks
oriental fella trip 10's
Anyone guess the next card???

A blue peter badge for anyone who said an 8!!!!
Talk about luck eh? or bad luck for the oriental fella!
BTW i think i was 2nd man out...........i tend to give my hands away too easily, if i hit a flop i'm forced to jump up in the air screaming with joy and happiness cuz it really does feel like i've won the lottery these days :-)))
ian

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 01:09:50 PM »

Wow Ian - that's a bruiser.

By coincidence, I did a little news piece about Lucy's opening hand for todays front page. The front page for today has not been "loaded" yet, but I think it will be in the next hour. And the guy was even unluckier than he realises - there was a twist to the tale - read all about it when the piece gets put up shortly.

And to Ian (ifm) & "Speedman", please say "hi" if you see me tonight, I dont think I know either of you, not by name anyway, & it would be nice to put faces to the names. You will recognize me - I am the old man acting like a teenager.

Take care, & I hope the run of the cards improves for both of you as the week progresses at Walsall.

Later.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: