blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:19:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Poker & blonde.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker & blonde.  (Read 14401 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 10:55:41 AM »

why not set up an investment trust? tighty as fund manager, teeks as chairman, i'd stick a couple of grands worth in my sipp for sure.

Sorry, Justin, you have whooshed me a bit there. Can you enlarge? (I know what a SIPP is, of course).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 10:57:49 AM »

Thinking about some options here, this forum is very unique to your usual poker forum.

How many active members do we have? And a quick assumption on how many are very casual, casual, serious, and very serious? I think we have to know the member base properly before suggesting the right kind of sponsor. Also how much is the banner space on the forum?

Sorry if these questions are coming across as too personal.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 11:03:07 AM »

Thinking about some options here, this forum is very unique to your usual poker forum.

How many active members do we have? And a quick assumption on how many are very casual, casual, serious, and very serious? I think we have to know the member base properly before suggesting the right kind of sponsor. Also how much is the banner space on the forum?

Not personal as such, & I have no trouble with them. Don't know the answers, mind. One for Tighty.

I could answer part of it, but it might compromise current negotiations, hope you understand.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »

Not personal as such, & I have no trouble with them. Don't know the answers, mind. One for Tighty.

I could answer part of it, but it might compromise current negotiations, hope you understand.

I don't mind the questions either, but I'd rather deal with them privately

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 11:08:58 AM »

why not set up an investment trust? tighty as fund manager, teeks as chairman, i'd stick a couple of grands worth in my sipp for sure.

Sorry, Justin, you have whooshed me a bit there. Can you enlarge? (I know what a SIPP is, of course).

i'm not joking! tighty used to run a hedge fund but the stress was too high? why not run a low stress IT? you have an interest in investing and have a rep for being trustworthy so would make a good chairman.

if you set it up to preserve and protect the dempsey fortune you'd instantly be up there with Lord Rothschild's Smiley
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 11:11:16 AM »

that's sad news.

here are two problems which affect the sponsorship by sky greatly:

1. measuring solely by CPA is bad, LPV (lifetime player value) is a far greater measure of how successful the deal is. Of course, being paid by CPA is fine in a straight affiliate deal, especially where cashflow (as I assume it is for blonde) is at stake. Indeed over a sufficient sample size (which blonde should have), CPA and rev share balance out long term in LPV and thus $earned are the same.

2. measuring LPV is bad too, because it doesn't really reflect the value of deposits - which are a super important metric (although most operators (sky not included, btw) don't recognise this).

hope someone is found soon to take over the mantle.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 11:11:38 AM »

i'm not joking! tighty used to run a hedge fund but the stress was too high? why not run a low stress IT? you have an interest in investing and have a rep for being trustworthy so would make a good chairman.

if you set it up to preserve and protect the dempsey fortune you'd instantly be up there with Lord Rothschild's Smiley

Godd luck anyone who wants to try & protect Flushy's "fortune". For all I know, he's spent it already, the man burns money at an alarming rate!

An Investment Fund? Ooh, that'd be as much fun to me as driving a train, it really would. Bet I'd turn a nice profit, too.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 11:12:43 AM »

email sent

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 11:16:29 AM »

that's sad news.

here are two problems which affect the sponsorship by sky greatly:

1. measuring solely by CPA is bad, LPV (lifetime player value) is a far greater measure of how successful the deal is. Of course, being paid by CPA is fine in a straight affiliate deal, especially where cashflow (as I assume it is for blonde) is at stake. Indeed over a sufficient sample size (which blonde should have), CPA and rev share balance out long term in LPV and thus $earned are the same.

2. measuring LPV is bad too, because it doesn't really reflect the value of deposits - which are a super important metric (although most operators (sky not included, btw) don't recognise this).

hope someone is found soon to take over the mantle.

My Cliffs were in shorthand, the deal was not measured in either CPA or LPV as such, we have different KPI's & performance monitoring techniques. I just mentioned CPA for brevity's sake.

Appreciate the help, but Sky run their business very different from "regular" Online Gaming Sites, they do not use traditional criteria.

AndyG

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »

Sad news but at the end of the day business is business and Im sure a new sponsor will be found, Tighty you said your mobile is on watch out mate with the sky thing your mobile might be hacked lol
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »

Are some of the things in the op good to have public when we bear in mind what most potential sponsors will want is what sky wanted and therefore make blonde seem a far less attractive proposition to them?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 05:06:21 PM »

Very sad news, shame to see all your (Tikay and Tighty) tireless efforts to help the Sky deal fall by the wayside.

Good Luck for securing something for the future.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
hombre32

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 11:47:03 PM »

I have never donated to the LIVE Tournament funding requests for Blonde as generally I do not play comps and have no involvement.

That said I love the content of Blonde and would be more than comfortable paying a subscription to contribute to it's continued success (Eg £10 a month).

Not sure what revenue streams this would generate from active members, but is this something you would consider and secondly would other members buy into that sort of subscription when their are so many other ONLINE (although not as unique) alternatives?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2011, 01:06:03 AM »

We tried to persuade them that general raising of awareness had a value, & it does, but how do you put a price, or value, on it, especially when negotiating with hard-nosed accountants?

If I owned a poker forum and wanted to quantify the value of exposure through my medium this is what I would do.

At the end of every year I would run a Blonde Poker Open MTT hosted on my sponsors site for Blonde members only. An end of season spectacular to find Blonde poker's ultimate player of the year. Non-refundable registration for this tournament would be open from Jan 1st and I would market this event relentlessly throughout the year. Message every member inviting them along to play and have lots of exposure on the forum. As each month went by the total runners for this event would build as a % of people logging onto the forum will be encouraged by the exposure to reg for the big event. If no sky account they will be more inclined to open one as it's for a specific reason rather than just general play.

Decent confidence should mean you can offer a sizeable guarantee for a modest buy-in, like the recent Goliath in Cov. Use banners to advertise that eye-catching guarantee on the up-dates thread. This way you get all those non-members with sky accounts signing up to Blonde and those without either signing up for both. Loads of different events through the year, comps, staking threads, bounties, running a book, side bets, the fun would be endless. By the end of the year x thousand runners could be achieved. Then when I'm sitting in front of them hard-nosed accountants I would pull out my graph demonstrating their most popular MTT of the year at x entry fee was the Blonde Poker Open. If they don't extend I still have tangible evidence to present to my next perspective sponsor

I tell you what I would deffo enter that so I could bust some random Blondes at the tables. Only forum names as well so I can see if I bust Boldie or bvb vs Greekstein, how hilarious. I can see myself lifting that trophy now (sorry if that causes offence). Bragging rights and banter would be sensational. I figure if I couldn't make a success of such an event sponsors would be right to pull the plug.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 01:39:53 AM »

We tried to persuade them that general raising of awareness had a value, & it does, but how do you put a price, or value, on it, especially when negotiating with hard-nosed accountants?

If I owned a poker forum and wanted to quantify the value of exposure through my medium this is what I would do.

At the end of every year I would run a Blonde Poker Open MTT hosted on my sponsors site for Blonde members only. An end of season spectacular to find Blonde poker's ultimate player of the year. Non-refundable registration for this tournament would be open from Jan 1st and I would market this event relentlessly throughout the year. Message every member inviting them along to play and have lots of exposure on the forum. As each month went by the total runners for this event would build as a % of people logging onto the forum will be encouraged by the exposure to reg for the big event. If no sky account they will be more inclined to open one as it's for a specific reason rather than just general play.

Decent confidence should mean you can offer a sizeable guarantee for a modest buy-in, like the recent Goliath in Cov. Use banners to advertise that eye-catching guarantee on the up-dates thread. This way you get all those non-members with sky accounts signing up to Blonde and those without either signing up for both. Loads of different events through the year, comps, staking threads, bounties, running a book, side bets, the fun would be endless. By the end of the year x thousand runners could be achieved. Then when I'm sitting in front of them hard-nosed accountants I would pull out my graph demonstrating their most popular MTT of the year at x entry fee was the Blonde Poker Open. If they don't extend I still have tangible evidence to present to my next perspective sponsor

I tell you what I would deffo enter that so I could bust some random Blondes at the tables. Only forum names as well so I can see if I bust Boldie or bvb vs Greekstein, how hilarious. I can see myself lifting that trophy now (sorry if that causes offence). Bragging rights and banter would be sensational. I figure if I couldn't make a success of such an event sponsors would be right to pull the plug.

Lol Mantis you absolute mug
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: