blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:49:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd: Day 1a
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd: Day 1a  (Read 51503 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »

Does the bubble pop day 2 or 3? ty

From memory, with I am guessing 36 of 300 to be paid, late day 2

Thanks Matt, welcome to blonde

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
matt_damon

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 16, 2011, 08:26:25 PM »

Thanks man, stay cool.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 16, 2011, 08:27:38 PM »

Simon Deadman has just doubled up to 50,000 after being in a preflop war with Ian Woodley. Woodley made it 1,600 from the cutoff, Deadman made it 5,000, Woodley put Deadman all in for 24,000, Deadman called.

Deadman - AK
Woodley - 67s

the board ran out AJ22, Woodley was drawing dead on the turn.

My eyes are open wide
Pyso

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2011, 08:29:58 PM »

Former Irish Open winner James Mitchell wins Jumper of the Day award, amidst fierce competition

James Mitchell playing with his new iphone app that generates a hologram of himself dealing to himself. Very 2011.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 16, 2011, 08:31:55 PM »

Former Irish Open winner James Mitchell wins Jumper of the Day award, amidst fierce competition

James Mitchell playing with his new iphone app that generates a hologram of himself dealing to himself. Very 2011.

incred!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2011, 08:32:53 PM »

Haha wp

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 16, 2011, 08:34:07 PM »

Maria Chili has doubled up

With 5,000 in the pot on a 9-6-4 board Marcin Milde made it 1,625, Maria raised to 6,200.

Milde thought for a while before putting Maria all in for around 20,000, Maria snapcalled with 66 well ahead of Milde's JJ who was unable to get there.

Before the river Milde walked all the way to the opposite side of the room to the furthest table away, bent down and held his head, despite still being on just under 50,000.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 16, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »

Break after 7 levels, with 3 more to play today

74 of 120 remain

Average 48,000

blinds 400-800 ra 75 next

Chip leaders

23    1    Sam Macdonald
34    7    Lewis Hunter
35    1    John Conroy
37    7    Ian Woodley

All with 120-140,000

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2011, 08:39:18 PM »

the chip leader, Anthony Nicholls with a monstrous 206,000

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2011, 08:49:43 PM »

Alex Martin's staking report

One of a kind, our Alex

"sorry guys, was really a super tournament. Im going out tonight but gonna do a mini-report before a full(ish) one tomorrow. starting table was golden, really one of the softest in the room and only two players i recognised, sim (one of the crazy (slightly hot) twins) from north london and a regular solidish nit from the circuit. Got off well, guy misclick min-opens from the small, i defend T4o bvb, TT5r, check check, turn 4, bet, raise call. River A, he check calls a psb to go to 35k. Nick a couple more to go to 38k peak.

Utg opens (exceptionally loose ep open (A8o/78o showndown, willingness to bet/giveup/fold a tonne) opens utg to 475@ 75/150, called by another more solid guy in mp, i sqz K5hh to 1550 (1st 3b in 4 orbits, really wanna boost 3b range for later as our table wont break all day), get coldcalled by early late arrival 40-something on btn. OR calls, flatter folds, coldcalled calls. Q74hh, bet, called by cold-caller of 3b, utg folds. Turn offsuit 5, he calls. River pairs the 4; kinda unsure/fun spot, dont know if the average 40-something regular is folding AQ/KQ, i elect to giveup and he ships. Thought about hero for 0.4 secs then remembered where i was and left the cape in the hotel. Possibly in hindsight ship could be good, but table wasnt really one for taking small edges i figured at the time, plus i block KQ and action weighs AQ heavily. Ppl dont go to nottingham to fold toptop in a 1k.

Dropped to 28k after an open got 3b by sim, who was being REALLY splashy at this moment in time. Iv played with her before and she can be a pain in the arse tbh, she's kinda crazy and really unpredictable. Our most recent history (sorry/tangent) was a hand i played in a gup side @ the vic in a 400. @ 150/300/25 with an avo stack of 12k (we both have avo) im in bb w KQo. Utg starts a family limpathon (ENTIRE table) and she completes the sb. I go 2600 and watch utg call along with CO and Btn. She now ships and im pretty much fistpump snapping. Btn also calls and Sim snaps w AQo, but im normally quite blessed and got there, but i think the hand is fine/kinda standard w dead monies/range blabla (sorry/5 pints in). Other history is basically me trying rare big bluffs and her doing loopy shit, but in this comp at this table i figured id let her burn out before playing 50% of hands again/ high variance spots on this table were not optimal.

So sin burns out and im down to 24k. I open A9dd utg 1075 with 2 ppl satout (looseish @ 200/400 but think its ok). Ug+1 calls (active casually dressed/neat chip stacks/ rum and coke drinking- details ftw) and the loose fishy button calls. Kq4dd, i cbet 1750 and utg+1 SNAP makes it 5.5k. Buttn folds am im kinda like fml. I elect to call; thoughts? I dunno about 3b call/really cant szee a range im in good shape against but obv hate fold/too deep to ship. Meh. Anyhow, turn bricks and he sets me in/meh.

Guy turns up late, ladder satellite qualifier i overhear. I open Q9o in the co, he defends bb. 662hh, he c/c. Turn , c/c. (i have absolutely no history with this guy; but hes tilting the fk out of me by wearing sunglasses in nottingham in the middle of winter/having the dealer remind him every other hand that its his turn to act because hes watching red-tube on his ipad (animal-p fwiw) and he's one of those muggles that spent too much time watching late-night poker and wants to stare down a limped pot multiway with 4 bigs in the middle). I check to rep pot-control/showdown blabla. River is a T. I elect to vbet 1//2 pot figuring his range is mainly small-med pp's, obv he went to hogwarts and the wizard calls w A5o. Dinner break. see harry in the queue and decide to swerve the buffet and hit vinny's fave over the road. Have a beer and elect to go for it when return.

Im now on 18k. I get slightly tilted after it goes limp+4 and btn makes it 1250 otb/i fold AJcc in the sb(realllllly close imo, but btn is tight and seemingly quite good) and an AJ4r flop sees a lot of bb's fly in multiway/ AK wins. Then i fold KTo otb in a multiway coup and see a KTx flop and ppl throwing in car keys/wives etc and a bluff wins small bean. Anyhow/slightly tilted now (honesty ftw).

Ok, pretty crucial hand, may well have fked this up in hindsight. Utg harry limps. I iso KJo in and btn cooldcalls/harry's obv in. K93r. check, i cbet, btn calls, wizard lowers his glasses and gives me a staredown, then makes is 3X. I really am flummoxed. I mean wtf. Will finish this tomorrow, mate is pissed im typing so slow and we wanna go out. Gonna play again tomorrow, redbull has re-booked his 10%, anyone else want in (same 30% being sold/previous investors 1st then 1st come/1st served) post here/pm or buy me a beer in dtd lounge.

manyana, al, x x"

My eyes are open wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2011, 08:59:29 PM »

il take 10 alex,

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2011, 08:59:51 PM »

fantastic tr tho.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »

Maria Chili has doubled up

With 5,000 in the pot on a 9-6-4 board Marcin Milde made it 1,625, Maria raised to 6,200.

Milde thought for a while before putting Maria all in for around 20,000, Maria snapcalled with 66 well ahead of Milde's JJ who was unable to get there.

Before the river Milde walked all the way to the opposite side of the room to the furthest table away, bent down and held his head, despite still being on just under 50,000.

It nearly played out like Smiley
Butters made it 1,300 pre and marcin flatted so I called on the button.
OR made it 2,100 on the flop and marcin flatted again with his jacks. I made it a squeezy looking 6k from the button. OR folded and marcin tank set me in. Think he knew he was beat but couldn't quite let it go.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2011, 09:05:15 PM »

John Picken opens to 1900

Harvey Butters calls

Jake Cody 3 bet to 9,000

Picken folds

Butters calls

flop  two hearts

Butters check calls 8,900

turn 

check chck

river 

check check

Butters reveals  which is good, Cody mucks

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2011, 09:06:39 PM »

cambridge alex knocks out Lawrence Gosney

on a board Gosney checked, Goulder bet enough to put Gosney all in, about 15,000.

Gosney called, Goulder showed for the nuts, Gosney mucked.

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: