blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Monte Carlo hand with Paul Skipper - bluff raise river?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monte Carlo hand with Paul Skipper - bluff raise river?  (Read 2918 times)
pez102

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 06:29:41 PM »

absolutely treble barrel that shit if need be, ok he's probably not folding the flop, possibly not the turn, but almost always the river as i feel he's range is heavily towards maybe 99-qq. I don't see these random guys check ak aa kk not near enough here deep to put them hands in there, but even if they are, these guys are gonna basically tell you. Ok the turns not amazing but like i said people tend to tell you here if he has qq once you've put in the second barrel in, and even if he does have qq and decided to just peel a second barrel we can still sometimes get a fold by the river this deep.... pressure pressure pressure needed here. As played i fold the turn, guys tend to get way more stubborn once you've checked the flop.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 07:39:27 PM »

he never has ak+ i def like emptying the clip

absolutely treble barrel that shit if need be, ok he's probably not folding the flop, possibly not the turn, but almost always the river as i feel he's range is heavily towards maybe 99-qq. I don't see these random guys check ak aa kk not near enough here deep to put them hands in there, but even if they are, these guys are gonna basically tell you. Ok the turns not amazing but like i said people tend to tell you here if he has qq once you've put in the second barrel in, and even if he does have qq and decided to just peel a second barrel we can still sometimes get a fold by the river this deep.... pressure pressure pressure needed here. As played i fold the turn, guys tend to get way more stubborn once you've checked the flop.

just +1 me.

nah in al seriousness this is exactly what I think too and although understand importance of tournament life etc but think this is too golden a spot to turn down.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 01:12:35 AM »

Yeah definitely agree that if you fire the flop and he check/calls then you should be emptying the clip. He for sure values his 'tournament life'. We saw a couple of big river hero calls in lol spots but that was when he had all the chips

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 01:24:41 AM »

Maybe the players you guys play with like to fold, but my experience with live poker is that ppl don't fold. ppl don't fold JJ just cos there's a k there.

Trying to empty the clip vs guys like this is just burning money cos no1 ever folds. Just take three streets off them next hand when you have top pair good kicker. or pick off a spazzy river bluff. easy game.

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've tripled barrelled a fish in a live donkament this year.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pez102

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 03:23:56 AM »

Maybe the players you guys play with like to fold, but my experience with live poker is that ppl don't fold. ppl don't fold JJ just cos there's a k there.

Trying to empty the clip vs guys like this is just burning money cos no1 ever folds. Just take three streets off them next hand when you have top pair good kicker. or pick off a spazzy river bluff. easy game.

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've tripled barrelled a fish in a live donkament this year.

I could count the number of times on my hand that i've been called down here by the likes of jacks, not sure who your playing against, but with 14 left or whatever it is left, there's just no way the likes of these guys are calling 3 streets. Im actually LOVING it when they call the turn, more moniesssssssssss
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 05:49:09 AM »

Omg lildave, how did you not use mcnitus?!! Have I taught you nothing?

Oh yeah, poker. What pleno said
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 11:55:47 AM »

I could count the number of times on my hand that i've been called down here by the likes of jacks, not sure who your playing against, but with 14 left or whatever it is left, there's just no way the likes of these guys are calling 3 streets. Im actually LOVING it when they call the turn, more moniesssssssssss

fair play, i guess the majority of my live experience is playing cash games where what I said is true.

the july monte carlo was my first 1k you know Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Ingi

I <3 my babies!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 03:39:13 PM »

the fact he doesnt fold jj is good alex because by the river he definitely will fold it and we get lots of value from his flop and turn calls.

i think in general not barrelling in live poker vs alot of villains in a lot of spots is probably quite a large leak.

I <3 plenoboy
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 03:53:54 PM »

A leak that I definitely had in my own game until very recently was being far too quick to label someone as 'station, never folds' and playing way too passively vs these players. The fact that the guy is check/calling with a pretty wide range is a great reason to barrel. When he check calls the turn too we're kinda concerned at this point but he still can have a lot of stuff, a ton of draws, weak pair+draw hands all of which are folding river the vast majority of the time when you put him to a big decision with a pot size river jam.

Against this player specifically I like it even more because I don't see a reason to give him credit for being able to check river with the , and maybe not the either.

Once he has check called flop and turn, the pot is big enough that the river jam doesn't have to work nearly as often as most of us would like it to for it to be +EV

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 11:07:53 PM »

the fact he doesnt fold jj is good alex because by the river he definitely will fold it and we get lots of value from his flop and turn calls.

i think in general not barrelling in live poker vs alot of villains in a lot of spots is probably quite a large leak.

qft

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 11:27:31 PM »

qft

u'll lose a lot of money if you think that ppl will definitely fold JJ by the river just cos it's K high. seriously mate, you've played with ppl in Gib/Spain. They don't fold ever!!!!!!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 09:47:02 AM »

qft

u'll lose a lot of money if you think that ppl will definitely fold JJ by the river just cos it's K high. seriously mate, you've played with ppl in Gib/Spain. They don't fold ever!!!!!!

just manipulate them with bet sizing so that they fold by the river, they hate folding, so you gotta have 3 attemps before its successful.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: