blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:26:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Poker 425 & The blonde Bash
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker 425 & The blonde Bash  (Read 8896 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2006, 02:00:43 PM »

....will NOT be on this week's show, which runs from 11th to 17th January - this edition will feature the William Hill Rankings Awards Ceremony from the Aviation Club de Paris.

The "blonde Bash" editiion will be recorded in the studio on Tuesday 17th January & be transmitted in the edition that begins on Wednesday 18th January & runs until Tuesday 24th January. Sadly, I will not be in the studio that week, I will be on my monthly "week off", so Ed Giddens will be the studio Presenter. I'm really sad that I will miss that particular show, but there you go, I will wise up Ed & make sure he knows the score.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 03:56:22 PM »

....will NOT be on this week's show, which runs from 11th to 17th January - this edition will feature the William Hill Rankings Awards Ceremony from the Aviation Club de Paris.

The "blonde Bash" editiion will be recorded in the studio on Tuesday 17th January & be transmitted in the edition that begins on Wednesday 18th January & runs until Tuesday 24th January. Sadly, I will not be in the studio that week, I will be on my monthly "week off", so Ed Giddens will be the studio Presenter. I'm really sad that I will miss that particular show, but there you go, I will wise up Ed & make sure he knows the score.

so why not just delay the blonde bash footage until the week after? then at least you will be able to comment on the footage shown and make sure that NO-ONE misses the next blonde bash!!

How soon til Rob's card room opens - i can see the next blonde bash being a 300-400 person event!!

sponsored by Fyffes
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 04:13:22 PM »

That's an editorial decision - Wormster, where are you?

But they will be doing the Luton footage the following week, so it is what it is I'm afraid. Though there is no reason why I won't be able to mention it, if I can find a way of somehow edging the conversation that way, I will. Trust me, I will....

I am always mindful of not overdoing "blonde" mentions on Poker 425, but equally, Poker 425 DO sponsor our Forum, so it's quite legitimate.

I am doing this week's show, but it's going to be an unusual Format this wek, majoring on Paris in a different way to normal, so we will struggle to get much mention of blonde Bash, but you never know.....

The next blonde Bash? Watch this space, but we will do one in Cincins in Glasgow in March or April, & in the meantime, like right now, we will get our heads round where the one after that will be.

Ideas & suggestions welcome.

We think - sorry, I think - that every 6 months is about the maximum, no point wearing out the "Welcome" mat Matt.... But suggestions will be taken on board.

Where?  Well, if it were decided to do another one in Birmingham - mindful of where everyone has to travel from - then The Broadways was perfect. But we were at, or even over capacity, so that could be a prob.

Rob's place, when he opens? If he'll have us, we will be there.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 04:30:25 PM »

The next blonde Bash? Watch this space, but we will do one in Cincins in Glasgow in March or April, & in the meantime, like right now, we will get our heads round where the one after that will be.

Will they be able to cope with the sudden influx of about 200-250 english blondites?!?!?!  Cheesy

sponsored by Fyffes
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 04:33:56 PM »

I honestly don't think that many blondes will be able to go all the way up to Glasgow. They'd be more than welcome, onbviously, but we kinda assumed that if would be mainly the Glasgow boys. A load of them came down to Brum, but it is a bloody long way to Birmingham from Glasgow. Not far enough, some would say......

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 04:38:35 PM »

Will they be able to cope with the sudden influx of about 200-250 english blondites?!?!?!  Cheesy

Cough

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 04:41:19 PM »

Cough

....... and 1 welsh blondite!!

my apologies - my monkey memory must have blocked out anyone who wins a single table tourney that i happen to have partaken in  Cheesy

sponsored by Fyffes
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 04:43:14 PM »

I honestly don't think that many blondes will be able to go all the way up to Glasgow. They'd be more than welcome, onbviously, but we kinda assumed that if would be mainly the Glasgow boys. A load of them came down to Brum, but it is a bloody long way to Birmingham from Glasgow. Not far enough, some would say......

well you should be able to count me in, they all (well nearly all) made the effort to come down to see us so i'm in talks now with my tree vine swing maker to have extensions fitted to my tree vine swing network to enable to to reach that far north.

let me know when and where Smiley

sponsored by Fyffes
Dewi_cool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 04:43:57 PM »

Apology accepted Matt and nice to meet you,  thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 04:45:40 PM »

Oh dear, forgotten our lone & sad Welshman......

Dewi was quite remarkable. Did not look at all like a Welsh person, I imagine he was quite good-looking in his way. But younger - MUCH younger - than I thought he was, I had him down for being in his late seventies, but he's 10 years less.

Oddly, he bears a striking resemblance to his avatar.

Top bloke though, really. Works for Scottish Power - a Welshman, telling the Scots what to do!

Dewi_cool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 04:48:26 PM »

Thanks, Tikay insult accepted Cheesy

patman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 04:48:59 PM »

let me know when and where Smiley
[/quote]

Scottish Dave will announce it to the uk without the need for a tannoy or a website... Grin

and apologies for not making it down but apparently there is a rule about the ratio of scots to the rest of the population in a room at any one time Cheesy
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 04:49:36 PM »

Apology accepted Matt and nice to meet you,  thumbs up

and you too squire Smiley

Oh dear, forgotten our lone & sad Welshman......

He didn't appear too sad when fleecing us all in our sit and go!!

sponsored by Fyffes
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 05:06:21 PM »

That was funny, i asked if Dewi was there cuz i really wanted to meet him and someone said "he's over there"
I asked which one and 3 people in unison said "he looks exactly like his avatar!", and he did!
Nice bloke

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 06:19:38 PM »

Cough Cough..

There were 2 Welshmen at the bash..
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: