blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:02:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  china mug has left the building
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: china mug has left the building  (Read 22334 times)
china mug

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2011, 10:57:28 AM »

last night at luton g cassino,a club i have been a member for for over 25 years the card room manager in reply to a comment from me announced to my poker table and any one else that was listening ...that i was the most ignorant person that he had ever met in the luton g cassino

i got up from my poker table and challenged along the lines of ...how dare he talk to me like that...and insisted that we go immediatley and get the senior cassino manager...around the corner we found the manager and i strongley protested that iwas not going to be spocken to like that in front of other club members...i stated that unless george appoligised to me in front of the people that he had slandered me to i would be leaveing this club and never crossing its door again....and they had 3 minutes to do it in
i then returned to my poker table ...george returne d to his work station and got on with his work.....after about 10 minutes i whent over and asked george if he was going to appoligise ...he replied no he wasnt...

i then caught the poker players attention by raising my voice and announcing the facts of me being insullted by george and him not being a big enouth man to appoligise ...i then left the card room as i got a few yards away around the corner i heard laughter and a spontsgouse ripple of applause ...either for me or ..more likley..some whits little comment against me being applouded

i took my entrey card folded it and dropped it of at the cash hatch ,telling the girl to please give it to the management to file....at the entrey i picked up my coat bid the girls that work there a good night ...they at least havnt lost sight of the fact that every one that enters is a customer...

on the scale of things its less than a speck of dust...so a member of staff holds a customer in such low regard that he decides its okay to say ...your the most ignorant person ive ever met...
the on duty manager dousent even enter the card room to intercede...presumeley hes asked george what happened ,and is he going to appoligise to which george has replied hes not going to appoligise....the onley grounds for him doing that would be if hes right ...and imam the most ignorrant person hes ever met ...and there fore by not makeing george appoligise he as the head repressentive of g cassinohas endorced that georges actions are all fine and in order

to all the poker players that it has been my privalage to know at luton i say thank you and good bye, maybe see you at dtd ect
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 11:00:28 AM »

Sorry to hear about this Tom. Fairly sure it was Nirvana that made a 'witty remark' when you left. I cringed. See you around.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
china mug

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 11:09:22 AM »

you sure it was glenn...the onley reason i ask is your condolances were on here before i actualey posted ,
cheers
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 11:18:54 AM »

Sounds harsh Tom..... Why did George say that to you? What happened to cause the initial statement from George?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 11:30:32 AM »

you sure it was glenn...the onley reason i ask is your condolances were on here before i actualey posted ,
cheers

Don't how that is possible?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 12:17:28 PM »

Norrrrrrrrrrrrr, don't go Bernard. Always have liked sharing a table with you.

Wasn't there when it happened but would imagine it was Glenn who stuck the knife in. Don't take it imo.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 12:30:25 PM »

i was there and can confirm it was glenn

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 12:31:50 PM »

i was there and can confirm it was glenn

confirmed glenn

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 12:31:59 PM »

Sorry to hear about this Tom. Fairly sure it was Nirvana that made a 'witty remark' when you left. I cringed. See you around.
Are you allowed to grass on members?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 12:35:48 PM »

really feeling the urge to make a sensible post but probably pretty pointless, so I'll just make this equally pointless post instead Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
china mug

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 12:39:41 PM »

alas too late clare bear admits she has feeling about china mug
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 12:45:12 PM »

Did George give no reason for his outburst?

The older I get, the better I was.
china mug

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 12:50:36 PM »

the initial words with george were me asking for the dealer on my table to be bumped as he was not very good...30 to 40 mins latter it was done i called out to george he ignored me ,i asked him why  he wasnt answering he then stated the reason was ...that i was the most ignorant person he had ever met in luton g ...
he is then backed up by duty managers aggreement that he need not appologise ....i vote with my feet and take my 2 to 3 thousand pounds a year poker money else where
lesson learnt
take me out of your fantasy team,and sell any shares in luton g,
simmples
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 12:54:11 PM »

Shame it worked out like that.

Gotta feel a bit sorry for the dealer here too I suppose...

The older I get, the better I was.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 12:57:17 PM »

sigh can't help myself.

Tom.  Some introspection might be a good idea here.  I've seen George deal with many a 'difficult' character in that card room over the years.  Imho he is even handed and shows immense patience.  For him to have commented as he did I am presuming that you made a comment that could, quite reasonably, be regarded as 'ignorant' (although we cannot judge as you haven't told us what you actually said).

If I were in your shoes and someone said that to me, rather than kicking up a fuss and drawing attention to the whole thing as you did I would be questioning whether what I had said had, indeed, been out of order, and whether an apology was required of me to George and/or those present.  I'm sure there were no snide remarks prompting the laughter and ripple of applause you described - it sounds like you put on enough of a show yourself to prompt that reaction.

If we don't see you at the G again, good luck.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: