blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:05:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272643 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Line check OTR please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Line check OTR please  (Read 1208 times)
Rod

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »

Opponent is playing 19/5 pre. Often folds to c-bets but is quite stubborn if he does call the c-bet. I have seen him call down one hand where his opponent was betting big all the way when he only had top pair weak kicker.

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

Hero (BTN): $25.00
SB: $9.75
BB: $23.80
UTG: $32.39
UTG+1: $61.33
MP: $25.00
CO: $12.94

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60, 2 players) As
BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.00, 2 players) Two Clubs
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.00, 2 players)
BB bets $2.51, Hero calls $2.51

To me he either has an ace here or a flush draw. I would expect an ace to raise the flop or bet the turn more often than just check it, so does this mean I should be betting the turn on this kind of board?

Am I missing value by just calling on the river?
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:47:52 PM »

I call. We have a showdown hand now. If he has a flush then fair dos. Crushing everything else.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:04:09 PM »

I thought about betting the turn and probably would in the end. You can always bet all 3 to get him off Jx, and he could easily be calling with a flush draw, so you can charge him the wrong price there as well. This river has to be a call really, not sure about the value in a raise because he has to fold Ax right? Sucks when he has turned/rivered 2pair tho

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
chatban

I harv a veek harnd.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 01:32:35 PM »

Raise/fold to like $8
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 01:48:33 PM »

I thought about betting the turn and probably would in the end. You can always bet all 3 to get him off Jx, and he could easily be calling with a flush draw, so you can charge him the wrong price there as well. This river has to be a call really, not sure about the value in a raise because he has to fold Ax right? Sucks when he has turned/rivered 2pair tho

Don't agree with any of this. I don't like a second barrel on the turn as I don't think he folds much he called with on the flop, apart from a J most of the time,  You're just pouring money in with no equity- I don't think he's going to have many floats on this board. Don't think he's folding an A to a 3rd barrel on the end on most rivers either. So in conclusion- profitable when he has a J, not profitable when he has anything else, which is most of the time.

As for the end, you're right, he definitely could have a flush. But he could have lots of other stuff too. I think he could call a raise with AJ, A5, QJ, AQ, 55.

ProPokerTools Hold'em Simulation
48 trials (Exhaustive)
board: A:spade:J:spade:5:heart:2:club:Q:spade:
KcTc 87.50% (42 wins, 0 ties)
AJ, QJ, A5, AQ, 55,22, 7s8s, 4s5s, 5s6s,6s7s,7s8s,8s9s,9sTs 12.50% (6 wins, 0 ties)

He might even call a raise with Ax,. Flushes are hard to do.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 01:56:07 PM »

Gotta be raising that river brah
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 02:07:17 PM »

Gotta be raising that river brah

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 02:08:21 PM »

Don't agree with any of this. I don't like a second barrel on the turn as I don't think he folds much he called with on the flop, apart from a J most of the time,  You're just pouring money in with no equity- I don't think he's going to have many floats on this board. Don't think he's folding an A to a 3rd barrel on the end on most rivers either. So in conclusion- profitable when he has a J, not profitable when he has anything else, which is most of the time.

As for the end, you're right, he definitely could have a flush. But he could have lots of other stuff too. I think he could call a raise with AJ, A5, QJ, AQ, 55.

ProPokerTools Hold'em Simulation
48 trials (Exhaustive)
board: A:spade:J:spade:5:heart:2:club:Q:spade:
KcTc 87.50% (42 wins, 0 ties)
AJ, QJ, A5, AQ, 55,22, 7s8s, 4s5s, 5s6s,6s7s,7s8s,8s9s,9sTs 12.50% (6 wins, 0 ties)

He might even call a raise with Ax,. Flushes are hard to do.

Not sure why he wouldn't raise a set/AQ/2pair otf. OP said he was stubborn, so could easily have a J, which we have a lot of equity against if he calls, with any spade/K/Q being good for us, as well as the possibility he folds. I'm not sure if I'd be checking the turn 100% or betting the turn 100% probably somewhere between the two depending on session dynamics etc. Seeing the guy is quite passive pre, and seems to love to call, raising the river might be fine, but i can't see him calling here with AT, so it depends if the combination of 2pair/sets is > flushes, and presumably he raises A5/AJ/55 this only leaves him with 22/AQ/A2/QJ and I think the combinations of a flush are probably greater. His bet is an interesting size, and i think a poor player at these stakes tends to bet small with weak hands and bigger with stronger hands so i don't dislike a raise to 8 really, just think its close

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: