blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 03:17:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272903 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  KK early on
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KK early on  (Read 2225 times)
sm00035

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »

Raise less.

Fold now.

Go to the bar for a little drink and a cry.

Don't really agree with this, if I 3bet less I prefer not 3betting at all. Making it ~800 is going to make it impossible to play post, resulting in me probably losing the hand a lot of the time against good aggro players.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 04:13:36 PM »

I think not 3betting is the best play at this stage of the tourny

Can you go into more detail on the merits of this?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 04:18:26 PM »

and so none of my 3/4/5 bets are getting ANY respect.

I bet that doesn't happen very often Tongue

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 04:19:12 PM »

+1

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 04:30:58 PM »

early in tournament I often only three bet from the blinds and just call a ton in position because players are bad/go broke with one pair/etc.

would be interested to hear why you'd just call here pre as well and then what flops you donk, c-c, c-r or c/f
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »

early in tournament I often only three bet from the blinds and just call a ton in position because players are bad/go broke with one pair/etc.

would be interested to hear why you'd just call here pre as well and then what flops you donk, c-c, c-r or c/f

3betting from the blinds early in tournaments is pretty tez, i guess that's why you have to flat the kk too

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
sm00035

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »

Personally I am the complete opposite. If I think a player is particularly bad I will 3bet oop.

On the whole, when starting a hand 300bb deep, I think that 3betting oop more often then not leads to winning a small pot or losing a big one. You aren't going to be 3betting 99 at this stage, so it makes incredibly easy for the villain to play almost perfectly against you post.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 05:27:49 PM »

lol wtf is everybody on drugs. Incase you arent aware this is sammy fkn mac and super famous for spinning up stacks in live comps and getting lots of bigs in with 6 high.

If you work hard on getting this image not 3betting kk is just plain bad. I think the fact u know priyan on a personal level and he is aware of ur image is enough to 3bet not taking into account people have seen u on ukipt and blonde updates and probably think ur spewy.

If its only pryian 4betting im more than happy to cib and snap fast. Once the other guy gets aggro too just make a live soul read and flip a coin in ur head.

Sizing is fine/good/standard too.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »

also just because we got 3bet and contemplating a fold doesnt mean we were 3betting to see where we were. Its a live comp and were getting 5bet, people peel insanely wide and even if it wasnt the plan 3betting and folding to more aggresion is perfectly fine and not in any way shape or form an information raise. The squeeze pre was purely for value.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 05:39:47 PM »

Pleno flipping his lid itt

<3

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 12:31:53 AM »

+1

Don't see a huge amount of point to 3betting personally, we're OOP with very deep stacks and a face up range with (assumed) ZERO information on our oppo's, we're hardly ever going to be playing for stacks so building the pot isn't particularly important but chip preservation is. Plus the added factor of a really disguised hand and a spot where If we like the board texture by the turn/river we're going to be able to value bet our hand really well.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 01:40:02 AM by SuuPRlim » Logged

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 01:43:53 AM »

oh this is Sam Mac? Hey derrr Sammy Smiley

wow this is gross cos you defo should 3bet. Meh I think I'd just go with it here, can;t deicde if flatting the 4bet and c/r getting it in on most flops or c/c c/j depending on the SPR (cba re-reading OP) or if you should just small 5/call

prolly just flat the 4bet and stack off as with your reputation that is prolly the line you'll get least respect for.

NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 04:21:35 AM »

given positions and available information and holding i would not fold here

Christopher Brammer
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 04:29:51 AM »

probably correct for a lot of people to fold tho. just not you, or i imo

Christopher Brammer
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »