blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 11:03:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272965 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO AA hand
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO AA hand  (Read 1749 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 01:45:16 AM »

A general rule for new players to PLO to follow that will help is don't 3bet AA pre unless you can get more than 1/3rd of your stack in.

Question Cos- do you 4 bet much for balance seeing as whenever there's a 4 bet people auto assume its Aces?

I don't ever 4b/fold pre in PLO because I'll always be 4betting hands that have too much equity to fold. I don't 4bet much without them aces and when I do it'll be with super premium hands, usually with blockers to AA. Hands like AKQds or AKKx. I usually flat hands like AQJ10 etc but I sometimes gravitate to 4-betting them vs loose 3bettors.

I'm gonna nick most of this answer from a chat between me and little dave because he can put it into words about 150x better than me.

To hold em players, a balanced range is a non-polarised range incl. premium value, thiner value and air but that isn't how you balance a preflop range in PLO. We are always going to be kinda polarised because we're always going to be 3 and 4betting premium hands.

PLO is more equity based so a balanced range is opening good ranges from every position and 4betting enough of that range to make you non-exploitable OOP

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 02:12:32 AM »

C/f turn.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 08:42:26 AM »

C/f turn.

hi rob,

can you tell me why c/f flop is terrible. Just started playing plo and its an adjustment ive made. I think its similar to calling 77 on 10xx against an aggro player in holdem

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 10:00:05 AM »

c/f flop or c/f turn i assume ur bluffing ott?

im always betting the flop here

why though, i think c/f is nice, although would probably prefer it in a single raised or 3b pot than in a 4b pot

because in a 4b pot he's gonna fold anything bar set, flush and straight. We can bet less than half pot and win more than 1 in 2 times.

Do you play much PLO pads?

yeh, well just starting to learn now.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rbolt2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »

What do people think about hands with three broadway cards and a dangler suited unsuited etc pre, what would you do in a normal situation on the button/ sb/bb when a player opens with a raise from middle to late position?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 01:28:09 PM »

depends on a few things - firstly, exactly what hand you have it important;
  is a miles different hand to    . The first you could 3bet and the second you should fold in the SB if the CO opens. AK[Q-T] with a dangler and a suited ace is a lot better than AQ[J-T] with a dangler and a suited Ace and without an or or a nut suit the hands are complete junk OOP.

AKQ* with a nut suit is playable in most single raised situations from anywhere, they play well as 3bets vs loose BTN and CO opens from the blinds 100bbs deep as we dominate a nice chunk of the peeling range, and ofc would be good hands to 3bet in position as long as the opener isn't a massive nit. Weaker [A-Q][K-J][Q-T]* hands will often be better to 3bet IP as they play much worse multi-way so isolating  in position is favorable over calling, the downside is they are NOT good hands to peel 4bets with so I wouldn't 3bet UTG opens with the weaker ones (100% fold) and be wary of the openers 4bet tendencies when you're 3betting a hand like AQT6ds the lower the 4bet% the better, as we can't continue to any 4bet really at any reasonable stack depth

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: