blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:43:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  GUKPT - Manchester
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUKPT - Manchester  (Read 10893 times)
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2012, 07:41:08 PM »

ahhhhhhhh alan doyle
the one who discribes min raises as "ERRR gay raise"

Just me
istrabraq

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2012, 07:44:36 PM »

Had 2 laugh at Alan dolyes nickname chuckles of chuckle tv  . Ul sam ak v pair of 10s wins that and I'm sure he would have won it
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2012, 09:09:52 PM »

Had 2 laugh at Alan dolyes nickname chuckles of chuckle tv  . Ul sam ak v pair of 10s wins that and I'm sure he would have won it

def wins if he wins that flip. Lolvariance

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
istrabraq

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 09:30:38 PM »

Only 171 runners this year 207 last year going 2 struggle to get numbers I'n main event .
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 10:09:47 PM »

congrats lewis and ul to sam grafton who deserved more after crushung all weekend. Kev steele obv sicko too.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
The Squid

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2012, 11:25:07 PM »

Sigh at finishing 5th. I'll get em one day...

Hopefully.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »

Only 171 runners this year 207 last year going 2 struggle to get numbers I'n main event .
Walsall, vic and Blackpool should still do fine but the £500 events and sides have been a bit tez.
This weekend is gonna be interesting as genting go head to head with Dtd

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
istrabraq

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2012, 10:50:37 AM »

Yes very interesting where you playing Jason what numbers at star city I will go spread 320/340
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »

Yes very interesting where you playing Jason what numbers at star city I will go spread 320/340
I am at Dtd but toyed with the idea of going to star city Thursday  but decided against it. Pretty much for the same reason as I always play 1 b even if there is a re entry option. That fallback of "oh well I can re enter if I mess up" ( or go to another event tomorrow ) always seems to go bad for me.

The customer loyalty, the extra £50k that Dtd are putting up and the softer field makes it an easy choice for me.

As for star city numbers I think 250 will be pretty good as I know they are trying hard and put a lot of effort into their tour.

Competition for punters in the £500 to £1k events is massive ATM and its really hard to choose between gukpt, ukipt, genting and Dtd. Less people are traveling these days and I noticed on Manchester this last week that a massive % of the field were locals.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
istrabraq

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »

Going star city . Very true tough choice both comps should be well attended think edingburgh might struggle I'n gps just the expenses makes it costly . Good luck at dtd
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2012, 12:48:53 PM »

Going star city . Very true tough choice both comps should be well attended think edingburgh might struggle I'n gps just the expenses makes it costly . Good luck at dtd
You too. Caroline is working it (oh I like the sound of Caroline working it) so lets get a blonde winner with some blog coverage

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
luckyblind

Why did I call myself lucky?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »

Walsall, vic and Blackpool should still do fine but the £500 events and sides have been a bit tez.
This weekend is gonna be interesting as genting go head to head with Dtd

171 was a slight disappointment for the main event but overall there were a few more entries in the events that made up the 2012 leg compared to 2011.

Big ups were the super satellite on Sunday and the £300 on Tuesday (This was a £500 last year with 67 runner compared to 113 this year.)

The Bounty event was down by 46 players from 140 to 94 - the only extra event was a £100 on Saturday night which had 46 players Smiley

Saturday's £500 was only down 17 players versus the £250 event which was at the same time last year.

Monday's £100 was down 5 players and Thursday six max up 5.

There are 4 more weeks of online qualifiers for Walsall than there was for Manchester which means there should be at least 16 more players in by that route in March. Walsall was leg 3 last year and had 172 players. I predict 207 this year Smiley

The new structure and starting stack seemed well received by players who attended.

I was expecting having DTD and Genting next week to make more of an impact on the numbers truth be told, especially as this event is right at the end of most working peoples pay month directly after Christmas and New year.

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

Great Structures, Fantastic Venues, Affordable entry fees.

PM for more info.
istrabraq

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2012, 03:53:23 PM »

Was talking with cardroom manager at Bolton and all us regular players at Bolton and Mcr have asked why is the 500 buy I'n a 6 max when other events are 50k starting stack and normal . Lee has asked it 2 be changed and they said no . Will be lucky if you get 20 and that's from the cardroom manager . Any chance you can talk 2 lee at Bolton cheers
luckyblind

Why did I call myself lucky?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2012, 02:40:52 PM »

Was talking with cardroom manager at Bolton and all us regular players at Bolton and Mcr have asked why is the 500 buy I'n a 6 max when other events are 50k starting stack and normal . Lee has asked it 2 be changed and they said no . Will be lucky if you get 20 and that's from the cardroom manager . Any chance you can talk 2 lee at Bolton cheers

Not all the other 500 events are Deepstack's. There are four £500 events - two Deepstacks and two 6 Max. There are going to around 40 seats guaranteed in live an online satellites so the 20 estimate is a little way off Smiley

These events were added to give a little bit of a mix to the tour and are replacing the summer series of events that have taken place over the last few years. Last year there were 42 in the Bolton summer series event. I have no doubt that we will smash that at the 6 Max.

We know the Deepstack will be more popular than the 6 Max overall and there is nothing to say that Bolton won't get a Deepstack next year.

The English Deepstack is going to be in Coventry this year which is not that far for people to travel to from your area.

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

Great Structures, Fantastic Venues, Affordable entry fees.

PM for more info.
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2012, 02:52:12 PM »

GUKPT also clashed Manchester with the SPT Luton.  Maybe not intentional and also there aren't many free spaces in the calender.

Now due to the difference in BIs, they obviously thought they wouldn't lose than many players however there were between 15-20 who would have played Manchester had they not clashed.

Just becuase the SPT is a smaller BI tour aimed at the more recreational/casual player, doesn't mean there aren't a significant number of higher rolled/sponsored players who will always choose the SPT over any other tour due to loyalty and meeting up with friends etc.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: