blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:13:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272827 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  6 nations
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 6 nations  (Read 7894 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2012, 05:46:06 PM »

Fucks sake, I thought he just got that down.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2012, 05:47:35 PM »

Thought that was a great game, was hoping that England would have got that last score to tie it up and I think a draw would have been a fair result

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »

Quite agree, thought we played quite well compared to recent performance.
On to the cricket now, man I love days when England play in multiple sports on the same day!

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2012, 06:50:13 PM »

Few things missing this week -
1) Rugby League fans complaining about boring games
2) Tighty's "long rebuilding ahead" post
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2012, 06:53:10 PM »

lol

today was much more encouraging I thought. Some ambition, and a young team defended well for almost all of it

Ben Youngs is woefully out of form though, came on and started flinging the thing at his teammates feet

On the plus side Manu made a big difference, and you can assume Lawes will when picked as a starter.

Wales are in great shape. Several years ahead of England in development and the team is still young in the key spots

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2012, 08:44:07 AM »

It was a great game. One thing I didn't understand. At the end of the game there was a penalty advantage to England. They then failed to score the try and the game ended. I thought it was supposed to go back for the penalty advantage, even though time is up. Technically speaking they gained no advantage? I assume I have something wrong in the rules here but a few of us were saying that it was going to need to be taken back for the penalty even if the try was not given?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2012, 10:00:34 AM »

Lets say they give the late try, what is the conversion success of players under that pressure from 3 yards in from the touchline?

Genuine Q, not sure I've heard anyone mention it.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2012, 10:09:55 AM »

Lets say they give the late try, what is the conversion success of players under that pressure from 3 yards in from the touchline?

Genuine Q, not sure I've heard anyone mention it.

not sure there is a right answer

these days, with tees/good pitches/good balls etc, its probably more than 50-50, maybe 60-40, but not much more than that I would say

In the old days of mud, self made tees, leather balls...long odds against

My eyes are open wide
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2012, 10:31:02 AM »

It was a great game. One thing I didn't understand. At the end of the game there was a penalty advantage to England. They then failed to score the try and the game ended. I thought it was supposed to go back for the penalty advantage, even though time is up. Technically speaking they gained no advantage? I assume I have something wrong in the rules here but a few of us were saying that it was going to need to be taken back for the penalty even if the try was not given?

It's an "interpretation" of the rules.
Some referees would consider that getting the ball over the line with a good chance to score a try is using up the advantage - some wouldn't.
I didn't hear Steve Walsh shout "advantage over" so, as an England fan, I'd say England were a little unlucky not to be awarded a penalty but not massively so.

David Strettle's other whinge that George North should have been penalised for deliberately knocking the ball into touch, while accurate, is irrelevant since all England were ever going to do in that spot was to kick the penalty into touch.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2012, 10:33:51 AM »

I thought Strettle should have removed any doubt and definitively scored. I know the defence was superb but in these days of mass defence and far fewer opportunities for wingers, you have to finish there, simply have to.

As it was the TMO gave the correct decision.

My eyes are open wide
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2012, 11:01:01 AM »

Re point 1.

Rule, exception; exception rule.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2012, 11:06:49 AM »

Super League games, some of them, are fixed right?

only possible excuse for some of the ineptitude we see on our screens this weekend....

My eyes are open wide
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »

Super League games, some of them, are fixed right?

only possible excuse for some of the ineptitude we see on our screens this weekend....

Tighty v Kinboshi is the new Chisora v Haye.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »

If Sean Long's involved, then quite probably.

With regards to the no try at the end of the match yesterday, what was the video ref's call? I was watching at DTD, and couldn't hear any commentary. Was it conclusively shown that it wasn't grounded?

Just asking because in league there's a "benefit of the doubt" ruling available to the video ref for cases where it looks like it was a try but there's no conclusive evidence either way. It was brought in to obviously benefit the attacking side. Is there anything similar in union, no one at the table who was a union follower was aware of such a rule (not saying it would have been relevant yesterday or not though).

Shame the try wasn't given, would have been an unbelievably difficult kick under the circumstances, and made great viewing. Was a good game from what I saw of it.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »

I thought Strettle should have removed any doubt and definitively scored. I know the defence was superb but in these days of mass defence and far fewer opportunities for wingers, you have to finish there, simply have to.

As it was the TMO gave the correct decision.
Yeh agree the try should have been scored, he never reached out his arm. A good finisher scores and leaves no doubt and agree the it was the correct decision.

Also although he would have practised pre-game it would have been Flood's first kick at goal which I imagine would make a small difference to the odds of him converting it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: