blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:16:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £150,000 February Deepstack: Day 2 and final
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £150,000 February Deepstack: Day 2 and final  (Read 56830 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 06, 2012, 01:11:50 PM »

Will the ft be posted? I searched youtube and found the July Monte Carlo but no others

they do get put up, but u cant search for them, u need the link. Simon usually puts it up on facebook a few days after so you can get there that way.

So i can get this and your victory? Charmed life sir.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 06, 2012, 01:18:38 PM »

Will the ft be posted? I searched youtube and found the July Monte Carlo but no others

they do get put up, but u cant search for them, u need the link. Simon usually puts it up on facebook a few days after so you can get there that way.

"DTD Poker come and play with me"

Ermmmmmmmmm Okkkkkk

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Britishgas

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 06, 2012, 01:19:58 PM »

Well done crisp.... I believe this is the first win for any Luton regulars at dtd.well done
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 06, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »

Well done crisp.... I believe this is the first win for any Luton regulars at dtd.well done

Glenn Henderson came second, once

Alan McBride finalled a few I think

but yes, Nick is the first Deepstack winner from our patch

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 06, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »

Did celtic not win one?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 06, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »

"DTD Poker come and play with me"

Ermmmmmmmmm Okkkkkk

theres a few more vids for the non monetary bank too m8

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 06, 2012, 01:49:20 PM »

Omg and wow. Is that Jilly (ex dealer at Dtd) pre getting smacked in the nose obv Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
welsh1980

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 06, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »

As for the kk hand i really thought i was behind to the bb

I was wrong!!!  but still in the game
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 06, 2012, 02:15:02 PM »

As for the kk hand i really thought i was behind to the bb

I was wrong!!!  but still in the game
Hey mate. I have never met you but have been trying to find out who you are. Once kingoni told me who you were I thought you would crush that final table (thought hicks and romain would have too). The blog made out that you were the one wanting the deal most and from playing you so often on line I would have thought you would shoot for the win

Great effort tho v wp

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 06, 2012, 02:27:23 PM »

Well done Nick...real nice unassuming fella.....good to see him come through at last

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
welsh1980

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 06, 2012, 02:31:17 PM »

As for making the deal mate,
Me and Paul Romain was up for it and the other fella
I never got going on ft, did not play my game which im very dissapointed with !!!!
But this is my biggest score and means alot to me.
I can only learn from my past actions and improve next time
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 06, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »

As for making the deal mate,
Me and Paul Romain was up for it and the other fella
I never got going on ft, did not play my game which im very dissapointed with !!!!
But this is my biggest score and means alot to me.
I can only learn from my past actions and improve next time
Lol. I said on the feed that you won't deal because you will fancy it and Paul won't because of his backers. Goes to show what I know (once again)

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 06, 2012, 06:23:17 PM »

Don't know if Nick comes here but all the same, what a great result, well done old boy !

sola virtus nobilitat
jim5432

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 07, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »

Just got round to reading though the blog after sleeping through most of yesterday...drove back to Croydon after the end of comp, arrived 5am, after 3 hours sleep Friday night and another 3 on Saturday night lol!

Well done to Nick for the win...Ceri is right that the other 3 of us were keen to deal...it had reached the point where none of us really had any leeway to do anything other than shove/fold and 4 handed you're pretty much at the mercy of the deck. I didn't really fancy effectively sticking £9k in the middle hoping to win £7k on a flip - rather than taking £20k there and then - so with apologies to people sitting up watching the stream hoping to see an  epic HU battle...I was more than happy to be on my way home lol!!

Couple of other things that have arisen in the blog...Ceri's fold of KK firstly. When I found out what he folded I have to admit I was thinking "wtf" too....much the same as I did when Toni raised button and folded to a shove that he was getting nearly 3/1 to call i think. BUT...as someone said above...what seems easy to you when you are watching, or even taking part but not the one with the decision to make, is nowhere near as easy when you are the one looking at a call that might be about to cost you tens of thousands of £££ !! Yes, they were mistakes...of that there is no doubt. But before criticising please bear in mind that the pressure you are under is intense, unless you are lucky enough for £46k to be small change! Each and everyone of the people that make a final table in a tournament like this have played extremely well to get there...and almost certainly been lucky along the way too at some stage. They all deserve congratulations not criticism.

Finally I've noticed there seems to be quite a lot of negativity to one of the final tablists. I'm not aware of the history but just wanted to say I spent quite a bit of time on the same tables as him over the course of both days and found him to be a decent bloke, good humoured and played game in the right spirit. Perhaps he had an off day before? I have a few of those too so know its easy to create a false impression. In fact its worth saying that considering the amount of money at stake, the final, as with the rest of the competition, was played in a tremendous spirit. Its great that in poker it is so rarely otherwise in my experience. Never ceases to amaze me that in such a financially competitive environement, poker players invariably enjoy seeing their regular opponents do well and are so supportive of each other. Its almost unique and one of the things that makes poker such a fantastic "job" to do, and it's wide community good to be part of.

Lastly great updates from Tighty and Jonathan as usual. Well done guys!

Paul Romain

Paul Romain aka The ROCK !!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 15, 2012, 10:54:44 PM »

Whoop whoop! Only just seen this. Wpwpwpwp King Rollo. Makes up for throwing some away on useless Crawley.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: