blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:19:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272641 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 257096 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

last month on my iphone.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2012, 11:00:44 AM »

Haha, love it!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2012, 12:39:49 PM »

This is from years and years ago and could have been a great picture with a decent camera!
Wasn't nearly as high as it looks, Skye in November so only just over 3000ft high. And Brocken Spectre's were everywhere to be seen. Which is apparently very rare.

This, another from Skye, was taken by a friend.

And a couple of days ago at the Commando Memorial near Spean Bridge (inspirational place at the best of times) the sky was incredible. But I only had my phone with me.  Sad

They're all pretty low-res so rather small to do them justice I'm afraid.

Stunning pics Somerled. What are Brockens spectre Btw?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brocken_spectre

Really quite amazing thing to see - doesn't come out terribly well in a photo although I did take some at the time. Will try and find them and scan them in (yes it was that long ago....)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2012, 12:43:08 PM »

On 2nd thoughts, I won't Post my Commando Memorial photos again, they are embarrassingly bad, having read that link Tom Posted.

I quite like this photograph on Skye, though, (note the "lines" running through it which catch the eye) but maybe I should actually get out of the car next time.....

Yes. Note how the lines lead your eye to the loch, and also see how the horizon is about two thirds up, (or one third down).

Excellent. (Very artistic).

The older I get, the better I was.
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2012, 12:47:05 PM »

On 2nd thoughts, I won't Post my Commando Memorial photos again, they are embarrassingly bad, having read that link Tom Posted.

I quite like this photograph on Skye, though, (note the "lines" running through it which catch the eye) but maybe I should actually get out of the car next time.....

Trying to work out where that is....either west side just off the Sligachan - Dunvegan road....or North east near Uig???
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »

Yes. Note how the lines lead your eye to the loch, and also see how the horizon is about two thirds up, (or one third down).

See, I read that Link you Posted - "The Rule of Thirds", & the "lines take the eye" thing. Then I perused my entire gallery of 19,712 photos & found one that actually complied with 2 of tthe 10 basic rules of photography.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2012, 01:02:25 PM »

See, I read that Link you Posted - "The Rule of Thirds", & the "lines take the eye" thing. Then I perused my entire gallery of 19,712 photos & found one that actually complied with 2 of tthe 10 basic rules of photography.

See Tom. He's getting the art of photography.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2012, 01:06:06 PM »

Took this one in our back garden about 3 years ago, looks like the snow flakes are lit up. Just a Kodak digital on either auto or night mode, can't remember.

I don't know a great deal about the technical side of these photo's but to me that is a stunning shot.

wp sir

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2012, 01:07:32 PM »

Trying to work out where that is....either west side just off the Sligachan - Dunvegan road....or North east near Uig???

I'm afraid I can't recall - I drove to both places on the same day, via Sligachen up to Port Uig, though I suspect it was the latter. It was Christmas Day, in fact, & incredibly, the Pottery Workshop & Shop at Port Uig (right by the Ferry "Terminal") was open, & I got some stuff.

From there, continued north right up to Duntulm, at the very northern tip of Skye. There is a (ruined) Castle there, used to be the HQ of the McDonald Clan. Now, given how far it is from "civilisation", raw materials, labour, accommodation, how on EARTH did they manage to build that thing back in the 13th Century or whatever? And did someone REALLY want to nick that ruggedly beautiful, but barren, windswept, piece of land, x hundred miles from anything or anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duntulm_Castle

Apologies to "Camera Club Thread" members for derailing thread, I won't do it again. It was Tom's fault.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2012, 01:09:59 PM »

See Tom. He's getting the art of photography.

Stop trolling, both of you, & Ralph, you introduce that bloody word in every Post.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »

Windows Movie Maker works fine for me Geo. I just import the pics, then drag them all down to the movie section, then import a song and drag it down too. You can preset the delay, and you can just drag pics on top of each other a little if you want a 'fade'.

Thank you very much for that. I have just had a quick 10 minute play about with an album from yesterday.

For a technophobe like me it is ideal.

Appreciated

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2012, 03:32:07 PM »

Do you think?

If so I hope it's still were I replaced it today.

Geo
I hope you have been back for it first thing! update please!

Yes Lady, it is in my posession with half dibs to Daddy Red

Geo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:50:49 PM by Geo the Sarge » Logged

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2012, 03:45:36 PM »

^^ Our possession ^^

The older I get, the better I was.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2012, 03:51:25 PM »

^^ Our possession ^^

^^FMP^^

Geo

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2012, 04:01:06 PM »

i use my iphone for pics, nothing special. But i am looking for tips or tricks maybe a book to help take better ones, any suggestions?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: