blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:57:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272644 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 257173 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: March 19, 2012, 08:47:13 AM »

What's going on with the grinding wheel one Andrew?

Cutting or grinding Jade into stuff they can sell.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 19, 2012, 09:45:39 AM »

I loaned my camera to a colleague a few days ago, & they changed one of the settings.

It is a COOLPIXL120

They stated that "your previous settings mean the photos come out too large to easily download".

I can easily downsize photos via Tiny Pic, & at my current level of (in)competenence, a slight loss of picture quality is immaterial.

I mostly take photos of wildlife, general scenic views. I want, if possible, for my level of competence, a "one size fits all" rather than messing with the settings every time I take a photo.

The available settings in my menu are.....

4320 x 3240*

4320 x 3240

3264 x 2448

2592 x 1944

2048 x 1536

1024 x 768

640 x 480 (which is what they changed it to).

Since then, most of my photos have come out blurred. (Yes, even  more than usual, before you start.....)

Typical example.....

Thanks.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #572 on: March 19, 2012, 09:57:15 AM »

The picture size is nothing to do with your pics coming out blurred. that's because the shutter speed is too slow for the amount of available light. (Are you using auto mode?)

There are several things you can do to speed up the shutter in those situations, on of the easiest is to increase the ISO, but auto mode should do that anyway.

4320 x 3240 or 3264 x 2448 will be fine size-wize.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 19, 2012, 10:05:45 AM »

The picture size is nothing to do with your pics coming out blurred. that's because the shutter speed is too slow for the amount of available light. (Are you using auto mode?)

There are several things you can do to speed up the shutter in those situations, on of the easiest is to increase the ISO, but auto mode should do that anyway.

4320 x 3240 or 3264 x 2448 will be fine size-wize.

Thanks Tom.

It was 4320 x 3264 previously, I shall revert to that.

I do not know what ISO is, but I generally only use either ""Easy Auto Mode" or "Sport Continuous".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 19, 2012, 01:36:26 PM »

Right click the image and check the properties to see what shutter speed the blurred pics were taken at?

If they were at anything faster than 1/250 take more water with it!

In all seriousness, you should be ok down to about 1/60

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 19, 2012, 01:43:29 PM »

Right click the image and check the properties to see what shutter speed the blurred pics were taken at?

I'm not sure what that means, David, but under "Properties", it says  (amongst other things...)

Exposure time 1/5th of a second

ISO - 400

F-stop - f/3.2

Focal length 6mm

Max aperture 3.2

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 19, 2012, 02:07:04 PM »

Took a wander through the Braids of Hermitage and into Morningside to pick up a bit of shopping, I tend to carry the camera everywhere now. Was a bit miffed when this guy drove past and turned off along another street before I could get a pic but fortunately he parked up about 200 yards along the street so I took a dander along for some pics.

It reminded me of a great thread from a while back (was either Red or Tighty who started it) where they would give clues as to what they were looking at. One of the answers was a De Lorean and it was then I learnt the story of the British Government putting up some 80% of the money in attempt to create work in Northern Ireland and the subsequent downfall of John Delorean even though he was cleared (some attribute his troubles to be generated by GM of whom he was a former executive.)

Fascinating story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_Motor_Company

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_DeLorean

Amazing that a film then propelled it to Iconic status.

I had a chat to the driver and he agreed to open both gull wings for me.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #577 on: March 19, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »

I'm not sure what that means, David, but under "Properties", it says  (amongst other things...)

Exposure time 1/5th of a second

ISO - 400

F-stop - f/3.2

Focal length 6mm

Max aperture 3.2

There's your problem. 1/5th of a second is forever for a hand held shot. In those situations you need to increase the ISO or use the flash.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 19, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »

Some fantastic pics everyone. Love the DeLorean pics. Aluminium body if I remember right.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 19, 2012, 02:57:13 PM »

Some fantastic pics everyone. Love the DeLorean pics. Aluminium body if I remember right.

Yeah Kev, aluminium and the photos actually make it look a lot better than it is.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: March 19, 2012, 03:02:05 PM »

I loaned my camera to a colleague a few days ago, & they changed one of the settings.

It is a COOLPIXL120

They stated that "your previous settings mean the photos come out too large to easily download".

I can easily downsize photos via Tiny Pic, & at my current level of (in)competenence, a slight loss of picture quality is immaterial.

I mostly take photos of wildlife, general scenic views. I want, if possible, for my level of competence, a "one size fits all" rather than messing with the settings every time I take a photo.

The available settings in my menu are.....

4320 x 3240*

4320 x 3240

3264 x 2448

2592 x 1944

2048 x 1536

1024 x 768

640 x 480 (which is what they changed it to).

Since then, most of my photos have come out blurred. (Yes, even  more than usual, before you start.....)

Typical example.....

Thanks.

I would stick it on 4320 x 3240*.

The 4320 x 3240* saves the images using a lower compression so the file size is bigger but there will be less image quality lost in compression.

Personally I'd use 4320 x 3240* but it's your choice.  Maybe take a picture of something like a flower in 4320 x 3240 and then in 4320 x 3240* and compare the difference on a computer.

Rather than EASY or Sport Continuous try the shooting mode on Auto.
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: March 19, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »

Once again, crap photos, but a good brag!

Brief visit to Parliament last week to try my beer, Ness Minister, which was on in Strangers' Bar. They even allowed us to stay there on our own as our MP had to depart swiftly. Very proud indeed. The beer was tasting damn fine too, even if I do say so myself! And quite a nice wee beer garden!

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 19, 2012, 04:54:05 PM »

Just while this pic is in my mind this is really worthy of an explanation.

I took this pic a few months ago in Mynamar (Burma) at a place called Inle lake, a really beautiful place with fantastic scenery. Now this guy is clearly fishing but you will notice that he is using one hand to deal with the net and the other hand to row the boat. To help row the boat with one hand they put their leg around the oar and use their leg to lever the oar and therefore effectively is rowing the boat with his leg.

How the hell he manages to balance on the very edge of that tiny dug out canoe whilst doing both those things at the same time I will never know, I got in a few of those canoes and they are not the most stable things even when sat in them normally! All the people using these boats at this lake use this leg technique to row their boats around, its believed to be the only place in the world where this technique is used.

Here's a vid to illustrate it better.  Smiley

And another pic of someone else doing the same thing  Smiley

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #583 on: March 19, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »

Woodsey. Did you ever buy the compact camera you were on about? If so, which one did you buy and do you use it much?

Do you take the DSLR when you travel?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 19, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »

Woodsey. Did you ever buy the compact camera you were on about? If so, which one did you buy and do you use it much?

Do you take the DSLR when you travel?

Yes, always take my DLSR. I always have my compact on me 24/7 too when away for spontaneous stuff, I take my DLSR out with me during the daytime but leave that in the room when out at night. When I have my big zoom on my DLSR I always have my compact ready to hand as well as there are always situations when the long lens is not appropriate and you would miss stuff, you don't have time to be arseing around changing lenses regularly in some of the places I go, its just not practical.

I always take my tripod too, but keep losing them lol.

This is the compact I bought, I'm pretty happy with it and its good for vids too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-Lumix-ZX3-Digital-Camera/dp/B0031MA11W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332180333&sr=8-1
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: