blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:10:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272644 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 257153 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: April 03, 2012, 12:50:42 PM »

Amazing quality pics there rex!! Is that a dslr you are using?

Also the guy in the first pic isn't called Mark is he? looks exactly like someone i used to know and i'm sure i even remember him wearing that exact hat.

Was all on Canon 7D with either a Sigma 8-16mm UWA or a Tamron 18-270. Only got the 7D a few days before I left (picked up a 2nd hand one for a decent price). Same sensor as the 550D (that I'll be selling shortly), but focussing system is better, and the overall build and feel of the thing is amazing. Viewfinder is extremely impressive as well, prism rather than mirror and it does make a big difference to the clarity and brightness.

Click to see full-size image.

Nice one. Yea the 7D, was a fair bit out of my range, amazing quality snaps, looks like a great unit as well. In a couple of years i plan to be using a decent DLSR. Just ordered the Nikon P510 yesterday, which is one of those Bridge super zooms, with the superist of zooms currently available. Looking forward to getting involved.

Still not convinced that isn't the Mark i used to know, but i will take your word for it. cheers.

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #781 on: April 03, 2012, 09:53:40 PM »

My friend has just sent me this - a photo of me, rather than by me, so doesn't really fit in the thread, but as a demonstration of manly prowess it's quite good Smiley. None of the 3 I went with would do it. Wimps

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 03, 2012, 11:17:58 PM »

I wouldn't even have been able to take your photograph.  Absolutely terrified of heights.  Even a ladder is generally a no go area for me.  Yourself and Tom are mental!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #783 on: April 04, 2012, 12:25:26 AM »

Sat in the dining room with Leo this afternoon and I noticed something run past the window.

Living in a built up area this isn't a regular occurence.

He ran off pretty quickly as we went into the conservatory so to temp him back I got some cat food and put it in a couple of bowls that he ran past first time.

Once he had a disappoving audience he came back though.

At first I thought he was injured at the rear but it looks like it was just heavily matted fur.

Machka, my cat, wasn't too concerned by the fox!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #784 on: April 04, 2012, 09:11:49 AM »

Great catch.

With his grey whiskers and his threadbare brush, he looks like an old campaigner doesn't he?

The older I get, the better I was.
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #785 on: April 04, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »

Great catch.

With his grey whiskers and his threadbare brush, he looks like an old campaigner doesn't he?

Hmmm, you think he's an oldie? 

Since he was so little I thought it was a youngster who had lost his way?  That might explain the wandering around in the middle of the afternoon.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #786 on: April 04, 2012, 05:38:05 PM »

Great catch.

Hmmm, you think he's an oldie? 

Since he was so little I thought it was a youngster who had lost his way?  That might explain the wandering around in the middle of the afternoon.

Looking again, he's half bald with mange.

I can't tell how big he is, but foxes aren't much bigger than a large cat.

ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 04, 2012, 09:06:12 PM »

Rough. Get him caught if possible. Mange is absolutely horrible for an animal, really terrible suffering. That much coat is gone from him trying to lick/bite the itching away.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #788 on: April 05, 2012, 12:31:20 AM »

Rough. Get him caught if possible. Mange is absolutely horrible for an animal, really terrible suffering. That much coat is gone from him trying to lick/bite the itching away.

I think he was just passing though, haven't seen it since.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 05, 2012, 04:15:24 AM »

Have we a new theme for this month yet?
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 05, 2012, 05:15:54 AM »

oooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Im an avid lurker in this thread, can I suggest "time" as the next topic (obv the clock pic above isnt allowed in as it will win) - and time has so many meanings people can interpret too!

So far I think this has been the only suggestion

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #791 on: April 05, 2012, 09:07:19 AM »

Im an avid lurker in this thread, can I suggest "time" as the next topic (obv the clock pic above isnt allowed in as it will win) - and time has so many meanings people can interpret too!

Plenty of room for interpretation. I like it.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 05, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »

Plenty of room for interpretation. I like it.

Yep I like it that's why I made sure it got bumped

I've posted my 'mortality' and my 'generational' angle on time - but I've got 2 or 3 other ideas.

Now I just need the time to try them and the skill to execute them - if I don't post any more it's probably because I didn't have the time 

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 05, 2012, 01:35:21 PM »

Yea, i've said it once and i'll say it again. Time is a fantastic subject. Pretty much anything will go. It will be great to see people's interpretations.

My new camera came today. Took me best part of an hour to get the neck and lens strap attached... Thankfully that's all the manual labour out of the way and the rest is techie geeky stuff which i love. Reading the manual whilst I wait 4.5hrs for the battery to fully charge. So excited. Hope the moon is looking good tonight.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #794 on: April 05, 2012, 01:40:51 PM »

Yea, i've said it once and i'll say it again. Time is a fantastic subject. Pretty much anything will go. It will be great to see people's interpretations.

My new camera came today. Took me best part of an hour to get the neck and lens strap attached... Thankfully that's all the manual labour out of the way and the rest is techie geeky stuff which i love. Reading the manual whilst I wait 4.5hrs for the battery to fully charge. So excited. Hope the moon is looking good tonight.

Wiiiii

I'm excited on your behalf!

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: