blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:23:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 255853 times)
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: April 23, 2012, 10:48:39 PM »

Ok filmed this last weekend in Eastbourne.

It was only a matter of time before he fell off

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 24, 2012, 04:31:42 PM »

Just a quick question I'd like confirmation on before I do something horrible.

I use Lightroom  for my photos but I didn't realise until last night that it's been putting my shots in obscure places and they've all been mixed up with my Mrs's photo's too and I want to get them all in the same place again.  So, mine are all RAW files.  If I search for *.CR2, use that search to cut them and then paste into a new folder, I can then  make a new catalogue in Lightroom - that sounds ok doesn't it?  Just want to check there's nothing obvious I'm missing.

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: April 24, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »

Just a quick question I'd like confirmation on before I do something horrible.

I use Lightroom  for my photos but I didn't realise until last night that it's been putting my shots in obscure places and they've all been mixed up with my Mrs's photo's too and I want to get them all in the same place again.  So, mine are all RAW files.  If I search for *.CR2, use that search to cut them and then paste into a new folder, I can then  make a new catalogue in Lightroom - that sounds ok doesn't it?  Just want to check there's nothing obvious I'm missing.

You'll lose all your edits doing that. I think. The original raw file is never changed - the edits are either stored in the catalog or as an .xmp file (I think, again Smiley).

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 24, 2012, 04:59:48 PM »

Damn, thanks, that would be a mistake.  Will have a rethink.

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #859 on: April 25, 2012, 09:01:23 AM »

If you move a raw file, the library gives you options to "find" it again. Think it's reasonably intelligent if you move whole directories at once - you find one file and it does the rest. Depends just how F**ked up your current file structure is...

How about creating a copy of the entire structure, deleting the jpegs from one copy and the raws from the another?

On a side note, I've just gone up to version 4. Fairly minor changes, but the way the new Develop sliders work is very impressive. More intuitive, and gives better results (Reviews say, and I'd agree).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:04:16 AM by rex008 » Logged

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 25, 2012, 09:22:04 AM »

Thanks, will investigate that later.  I really don't know how it happened, lots seem to have moved and are in folders my Mrs has made for her shots.   Lightroom still has them in the catalogue but when I click on the develop section it's saying that the photo isn't found or doesn't exist.   Hopefully a find photo's option will pick them up again, not sure I'd be confident in copying the structures and removing some.     I think I'd better do a back up of everything before I do anything!  I'll put new ones in a different place and sort out my housekeeping of them.

Lightroom is excellent, it's perfect for me.  I'm still on v2 I think, perhaps it's time to look at a newer version.

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #861 on: April 27, 2012, 11:08:42 AM »

The blonde update camera is a Canon EOS 400D Digital with a Tamron AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR lens.

Unfortunately, the lens is broken. (I warned Rich about photographing Vinny but he wouldn't listen).

Anyhoo...  We need a replacement lens. I'm no expert, but I'm not sure we need as much as 200mm zoom for card room photography.

I don't know where the money is coming from, (We'll probably have to hold tikay upside down and shake him) so we're keen to keep the cost down as much as possible.

So over to you guys. We would be grateful for any suggestions, advice, links to suitable models etc.

Not sure who I should be offering this to, but if Caroline is updating tomorrow, I don't mind lending my Tamron lens for the weekend, if you can get the camera to her. As I'm through to day 2 (thin!), I can bring it with me.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 07, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »

Need a new topic for this month! I am out on my walk this morn. Will see if anything takes my fancy. I was thinking transport, animals, weather, sky. I dunno??

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #863 on: May 07, 2012, 08:29:31 AM »

Anyone get a good photo of the moon last night?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #864 on: May 07, 2012, 08:32:30 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-17972804

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 07, 2012, 11:41:02 AM »

SPAM ALERT

Went on a little walk today. As we have no established topic I thought I would share a couple of my snaps. Tried giving the macro settings on my new camera a bit of a workout.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #866 on: May 07, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »

This one is great.

You have the knack of seeing, rather than just looking.

The older I get, the better I was.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #867 on: May 07, 2012, 11:49:52 AM »

This one is great.

Agree with Red on this one, great shot.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 07, 2012, 12:32:08 PM »

This one is great.

This one is great.

my thoughts too, excellent capture

sharky_uk

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 07, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »

Anyone get a good photo of the moon last night?

Was quite pleased with this one  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: