blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272643 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 257105 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1410 on: August 10, 2013, 03:59:20 PM »

Ni swan.

The older I get, the better I was.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 12, 2013, 11:45:05 PM »

Just working through my holiday photos and found some shots I tried to make a panoramic from.  Didn't set up well for it, I'd just woke up and pointed the camera out of my hotel window for four shots.  I like the overall idea of the panoramic though and will try and work on some better ones soon.
 Click to see full-size image.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 20, 2013, 01:18:29 PM »

Had a long weekend at Loch Lomond with Mrs Geo and the grand kids. Lots of activities the fav of which was the session we booked with the falconer.

Geo
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:54:23 PM by Geo the Sarge » Logged

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 20, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »

Brilliant photo Geo, & you look in great shape, too, except for the absence of the traditional dreadful hued jumper.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 20, 2013, 01:26:33 PM »

Brilliant photo Geo, & you look in great shape, too, except for the absence of the traditional dreadful hued jumper.

Yeah was in adventure mode, have a few of the Loch and views which I'll pop up in a bit.

Geo

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 20, 2013, 01:32:31 PM »

Yeah was in adventure mode, have a few of the Loch and views which I'll pop up in a bit.

Geo

Look forward to it.

Daft question, but were "midges" a problem? I went to Lomond one year, & they were unbearable.

I am planning a trip to the Highlands this Autumn, (October) but hopefully after the midges have bade farewell.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 20, 2013, 01:48:15 PM »

Geo

Look forward to it.

Daft question, but were "midges" a problem? I went to Lomond one year, & they were unbearable.

I am planning a trip to the Highlands this Autumn, (October) but hopefully after the midges have bade farewell.

Midges were scarce, even when doing the walks. More likely to be bothered with them in the Autumn though if warm, I generally find they are at their worst in warm but wet conditions.

The following shots I buggered up the settings a bit, however the next 2 I loved. The falconer would put the Eagle Owl onto the perch and then place a bit meat on the glove and call the Owl. On this occassion the Owl didn't bother waiting for the call which gave Mrs Geo a bit of a shock as she was still chatting to the falconer.

Geo

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 20, 2013, 01:50:21 PM »

I went to one of those places recently, not a falconry, it was all birds of prey, & the astonishing thing was that when the owls swooped, they did so in total silence - no "whoosh" of flapping wings unlike, say, a pigeon.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 20, 2013, 01:53:23 PM »

Geo

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 20, 2013, 01:58:55 PM »

Look at the wingspan on that bugger!

A birds wing must be one of nature's greatest miracles.

Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1420 on: August 20, 2013, 03:23:25 PM »

Geo

Look forward to it.

Do drop in if your passing Loch Ness.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1421 on: August 21, 2013, 12:05:14 AM »

Geo

Look forward to it.

I lolled.

The older I get, the better I was.
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1422 on: August 21, 2013, 07:40:19 AM »

Geo

Look forward to it.

I lolled.

I'm more embarrassed by the "your" instead of "you're" (blame the phone).

Should've said "Do call in to the hotel and/or brewery if you are passing Loch Ness"

Love the unintentional imagery in the original though. Now that would be a ohoto and a half....
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 23, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »

Saw the Ladies Cricket at Lords - thought it was a good opportunity to practice my sports photography

Took 417 photos, cut that down to 105 after editing and these were my 3 favourite.

I tried a bit of sports photo's at the Olympics in particular - cricket is by far the hardest of any of the sports I've tried to get decent photo's of; although some of that may be down to the limitations of my camera.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 31, 2013, 10:11:10 PM »

I remember something similar being discussed early days in this thread, so here's a list for you lot to get your teeth into...

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: