blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:33:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Horse tipping thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Horse tipping thread  (Read 43771 times)
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2012, 03:11:06 PM »

Did you think it had won? I was at Donny everybody thought Junior had got up.
On the Tv it looked like Junior and it was trading around 1.4 before the decision.
Biddy 62

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 04, 2012, 03:16:37 PM »

It was only when they showed the actual print that i could believe it.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 04, 2012, 03:38:16 PM »

tbh i still havent watched the finish will do later

really please for matt sheppard as i have mentioned on here before he is a bloody good trainer and this is by far his best horse hopefully he gets some more from it
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 04, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »

UPDATE

a cracking week really and the overall total is now just short at -2.5 points.

A week were nearly everything i backed shortened some from massive prices and 2 decent eway bets that just got touched off for 3rd (always the way!) kirstys lad trading at 7-4 from 100-1 was pretty galling but ill go onto trading out in a minute.

Biddy 62

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 04, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »

Do you have any fancies for Cheltenham lining up?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 04, 2012, 04:01:34 PM »

"Posted by: Splash
Insert Quote
I'm curious, what's the thought process that goes into recommending a win bet or an ew?"

i try my best to just limit myself to win only singles, there are certain races were an eway bet is very appealing (odds on fav that may be vunerable e.t.c) however to many of these and it is even harder to get bets on than it is. On other occasions like for example hidden glory the other night the horse isn't the greatest in a tight finish but pretty much always runs a race on the poly with headgear on which it did again despite drifting massively beforehand.

The overnight markets being available on the lower grade racing is both a godsend and not, the firms haven't got a clue without betfairs guiding hand and the ricks over the last few months have been massive. However you have to weigh up connections e.t.c some will still run the horse on its merits but some i wouldn't touch and wont be happy waking up finding the 6-1 is now 5-2 and will wait for another day.

I apologise if i miss any comments or questions i do appreciate them all when im not sure if the poster is being genuine or not i just ignore the post, this is in no way intending to be rude on my part but i dont have a great deal idea of how this forum or any for that matter work.

thanks
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 04, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »

Do you have any fancies for Cheltenham lining up?

found the quote button! i have a few yes and will be posting some tonight there is also a special bet i quite like the look of but am just researching a little bit more first before commiting

i try not to go to mad at cheltenham as personally i find the majority of races really tough, good trainers good horses and all bar none are there race fit aimed at that race (usually) that doesnt make a great mix of punting imo
Biddy 62

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 04, 2012, 04:24:09 PM »

Yes i'm the same, only took me 25 years to realise Cheltenham is really tricky. I usually look for each way bets as opposed to lumping on shorties. I think its going to be a favourite year this one. Im having a £50 accumalator sprinter sacre, sizing europe,hurricane fly and big bucks pay around £500
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 04, 2012, 04:35:34 PM »

fair play to you and i wish you luck not that you need to much of it with those excellent beasts

Somebody posted earlier about how its important to lay off especially when you have backed at massive prices. I used to take this view but now don't lay of at all, if you actually review your bets after say each year the "value" you will have given back in running is scary. An example you back a horse at 33-1 and leave an in running lay at say evens it is taken and horse goes onto win easily, in reality for a horse trading that big pre race and to get matched that low you are very likely to have laid the horse at evens when its actually chance of winning was 6-4/1-2. This doesn't matter or bother you when you land a 33-1 winner but it should.

I used to lay off but a punter i respect massively looked through my bets and suggested i left the bets as they were in 5 of the last 7 years i have made a profit in the 2 i didnt i was still laying off in running... This in itself doesnt prove anything but plenty of others i have talked to since also dont lay back in running.

This is of course completely different if you are a trader something i have never been able to win at doing probably to much of a gambler.

gd lk all possibly cheltenham bets tonight..

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:37:24 PM by horseplayer » Logged
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 04, 2012, 08:18:39 PM »

Monday

4.00 lingfield 1pt win GRAND GOLD 33-1 ladbrokes

2.45 hereford 1pt win at sp MEDIC MAN (plenty of more high profile connections with unexposed animals so i expect this one to go off at least 20-1 )

as for cheltenham the bets i was considering now arent as big as i thought in terms of price so im leaving them for now however i have had one special bet which i feel is overpriced
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 04, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »

Cheltenham special bet

There to be 13 or more irish winners at the cheltenham festival 6-1 2PTS WIN (totesport or betfred)

i have been looking at this all day after somebody i respect pointed it out to me, last season the irish hit 13 winners and presumably the two bookies offering 6-1 for a repeat are thinking it was a fluke. I am not so sure mullins is clear fav to be champion trainer and not unusually they have lots of chances in all races with cheltenham become more and more the target for all trainers i happen to think last years numbers might become the norm rather than not.

Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2012, 03:24:39 PM »

Monday

4.00 lingfield 1pt win GRAND GOLD 33-1 ladbrokes

2.45 hereford 1pt win at sp MEDIC MAN (plenty of more high profile connections with unexposed animals so i expect this one to go off at least 20-1 )

as for cheltenham the bets i was considering now arent as big as i thought in terms of price so im leaving them for now however i have had one special bet which i feel is overpriced

Cheesy Result on Medic Man...  got it at 14-1 Best Odds this AM and it went off at 8-1 cheers

".....and Buckley ponders how to play Aces to lose the maximum."
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 05, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »

On the right side of a photo finish for once, nice tip!

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 05, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »

Well done horseplayer, it looked a matter of time before the figs showed a profit.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 05, 2012, 06:35:45 PM »

firstly i really appreciate the support and glad somebody got the bigger price this morning!

i wasnt able to get on with any bog firms and then when hugh taylor tipped it i knew the price was in trouble still the horse fought well and won and we are into profit for the first time which is always nice

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: