blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:26:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DEAL OR NO DEAL
Poll
Question: IF I OWNED DUSK TILL DAWN, MY POLICY ON POKER DEALS WOULD BE
NO DEALS - ALL COMPS
NO DEALS - EXCEPT EVENING REGULAR £50 AND £15 COMPS
NO DEALS EXCEPT CHIP COUNT
DEALS - % MONEY KEPT FOR 1ST PRIZE
DEALS - PLAYERS DECIDE BETWEEN EACHOTHER

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DEAL OR NO DEAL  (Read 27249 times)
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 07:25:19 PM »

Mods, can we merge these 2 threads together so we've got it all in one place but with a poll.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 07:28:25 PM »

I don't live close enough to play regularly midweek, but I'd want some form of deal-making to be possible on 'school night's', BUT, I agree with the no- deals idea with keeping a % for 1st as my alternative under the Single Transferrable Vote system.

How do I vote?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
OhMy
OhMy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 07:38:04 PM »

When I first started playing at DTD it was only ever NO DEALS. I wasn't sure to begin with whether it was a good thing - turned out I liked it. DTD is a one of a kind club (that's why we play there) and this rule, in a typically deal-minded norm, made a nice change. Rarely were deals done in the car park and if they were, so what? I expect that whatever decision you make Rob that people, who appreciate the club, will still play. C
Bubble

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 07:41:08 PM »

Vote away, the question needs to be "if I owned Dusk Till Dawn"

Here's thing Rob... Can I really answer the question? No, I'm NOT the owner, However, I advice business owners everyday, it's what I do.  But before I offer my opinion, and let's face it, opinions are like backsides, everyone has one. I need to tell you I took a deal at one of your deepstacks only a few month back, here's the details, I'm forth in chips, nine left, next one out gets less then £2K.  The deal on the table chip leader gets £10k the rest £9k. At the time I was in agreeing to a chip deal. The lowest stack was offered about 6K and said no. The chip leader then asked if we would all take the 9 and give him the 10. After a lot of phone calls and talks with sponsors, friend and families which took about 20 mins everyone agreed but not everyone was happy. Would I do a deal again, not sure, if one of the players was skint, and gave me the hard luck story. I would, would I the club to take this option away, no, but make it a chip count and keep 5% of your guarantee back for the winner and make then play on.

That said, here goes.... If I was the owner of dtd... It's my club... my rules... I would want a conclusion to the final table... So I could market it to the tv, Internet media. I would want to tell my third party customers, UKIPT,  EPT, Blackbelt and maybe even a EWSOP that there will be a winner at DTD.  I will keep doing what I'm doing because DTD is a bloody good club....

Your turn Rob... Question: Will deal making damage the club's reputation?

ps... I am the fella that was in the smoking area with you when I told my mate to try and make a deal he was lowest in chips and £19K-£20K will change his life... as a friend how could I not give him that advice... Sorry if that conversation sparked this debate.

AKA ll4Dll
AKA Chris Forde
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 08:34:23 PM »

I only recall doing a deal once before, and what we did is flatten the payout structure 4-handed and played on as normal, which I think worked out well. Seems like a potentially fair solution but I don't know how practical it is.

1st  €12,500     
2nd   €9,000     
3rd    €8,000   
4th    €7,000   
5th    €3,500
i was in on this deal and you had to phone Mick Mccool first. How times change mate.
If i owned Dtd it would be a "no deals establishment" unless it affected attendance

i then let the players deal on chip count with a %age left to play for winning
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:37:35 PM by smashedagain » Logged

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »

And lets be honest, if more poker players had balls and said "no fucking deal lets play on" you would not be in this position. you do enough by providing £15 comps for split arses and bottlers as it is Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 08:54:35 PM »

Question:

This poll has been added, so are DTD thinking of going back on what they have already said?

FACT:

People will still come to DTD next month whether or not deal making is going to be allowed.

Opinion:

Deals should NOT be allowed unless the FT turns into a shitstab.

craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 08:59:43 PM »

And lets be honest, if more poker players had balls and said "no fucking deal lets play on" you would not be in this position. you do enough by providing £15 comps for split arses and bottlers as it is Smiley

may I remind you of the last Monte Carlo winner Mr Herbert! What was his background?

Plus 'if I owned DTD' I would stop listening to all the whingers and moaners asking can you change this and that... PS, any chance of Yorkshire tea making it's way into the tea cups  Wink

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
blonde17

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 09:00:06 PM »

NO DEALS.

Yes it sucks IF you are skint..... but play for the win.
Of course there are lots of arguments for and against but..... if from the outset everybody knows that it`s prize money as stated then that`s all good , play a st ratedgy to maximise your chance to win and live with the outcome.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 09:08:23 PM »

Question:

This poll has been added, so are DTD thinking of going back on what they have already said?

FACT:

People will still come to DTD next month whether or not deal making is going to be allowed.

Opinion:

WTF is a "shitstab"?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 09:11:39 PM »

Question:

FACT:

Opinion:

WTF is a "shitstab"?

lol, sorry.

pretty much no play at FT.

SHEFFIELD WORDING (or perhaps my own) lol.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2012, 09:33:18 PM »

shitstab is like a crap shoot for people too poor to afford guns

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
AdiCutts
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2012, 10:28:53 PM »

I voted for deal with percentage held for first place but I think it is situation specific.

I have only been in a deal situation at dusk til dawn once which was the Friday night sky poker tour warm up event.
We got down to the final 4 and two of the players were playing in the sky event the next day do as it was very late, one of them proposed a deal. After a chip count, I was in 4th place which would have paid about £650 but the deal was to make me £1050 and after a £50 tip to the dealers meant I was walking away with a grand sp accepted the offer.

If I had been chip leader, I may have decided to decline the offer with a chance to take away more than double this amount armed with the knowledge that the 2 players entering the sky event the next day just wanted to goto bed.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2012, 10:34:22 PM »

Question:

FACT:

Opinion:

WTF is a "shitstab"?

lol, sorry.

pretty much no play at FT.

SHEFFIELD WORDING (or perhaps my own) lol.

Its never been a word in any part of Sheffield that Ive lived in.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:13:51 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2012, 10:34:59 PM »

I only recall doing a deal once before, and what we did is flatten the payout structure 4-handed and played on as normal, which I think worked out well. Seems like a potentially fair solution but I don't know how practical it is.

1st  €12,500     
2nd   €9,000     
3rd    €8,000   
4th    €7,000   
5th    €3,500
i was in on this deal

I nearly name-dropped you but figured it would be received by everyone as a sick brag Smiley

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: