blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:45:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DEAL OR NO DEAL
Poll
Question: IF I OWNED DUSK TILL DAWN, MY POLICY ON POKER DEALS WOULD BE
NO DEALS - ALL COMPS
NO DEALS - EXCEPT EVENING REGULAR £50 AND £15 COMPS
NO DEALS EXCEPT CHIP COUNT
DEALS - % MONEY KEPT FOR 1ST PRIZE
DEALS - PLAYERS DECIDE BETWEEN EACHOTHER

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DEAL OR NO DEAL  (Read 27256 times)
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2012, 10:36:18 AM »

I played the regular £50 last night and was basically forced in to a deal I didn't want to do! I was chip leader but wasn't really allowed to have in say in the deal it was £678 each a straight chop between the 7, as I didn't think this was fair I refused and got called all names under the sun!

Ok I only ended up with £200 due to me tilting as the table got to me because I'm not a regular!

Also one thing I would like to add the missus was watching a bloke standing behind me telling a player on the table cards I had folded as he could see them! I didn't even realise there was someone behind me till I was knocked out and she told me!

I love playing DTD but last night has really got to me.
you should of made the td aware of the situation

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
istrabraq

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2012, 11:21:37 AM »

Thats way the black card red card rule is the best . Surprised they allowed some 1 stood behind players on ft
LOJ

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »

"If I owned Dusk Till Dawn" DEAL OR NO DEAL?

My honest answer to the above question would be no deal. If It was my club, It would make tournaments a bit more exiting and would ensure that each one gets played till the end.

Personally, looking at my situation.  I’m a recreational player.  I have played on and off for around 5 years, and really enjoy playing both live and on-line.  I wouldn’t enjoy the lifestyle of playing poker professionally, but the buzz I get from playing and winning is fantastic (which is why I keep coming back for more)

My decisions on the above topic when playing are always circumstantial.   I have been in tournaments and agreed to deal, and have, at times (and annoyance to other players) not dealt.  It all depends on payout’s, my chips stack (v other players & average), blinds at the time, if I feel I have any edge on the remaining players on the table & finally the payout structure.

I don’t think I’ve played a tourney as yet and not been happy with my cash!

I played the £150 last weekend and had a good run. The buy in was above my normal, but managed to satellite in, which meant I got to play a higher buy in with a chance of a great pay day. 

I watched the final table when I got home (great commentary by the way), and was gutted I didn’t get to play on FT.  I was disappointed when they dealt, as I would have enjoyed watching it to a conclusion (& hear Rob slating the recreational player more  Grin), but if I were in the position of the players on the table, with me playing as ‘scared money’ with so much cash at stake, I’m pretty certain I would have taken the chop, but without being there its difficult to say.

It’s a tough one to call.  It certainly won’t stop me playing, whatever the rules are. 
luckyblind

Why did I call myself lucky?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2012, 12:27:35 PM »

I have not read the whole thread so apologies if any of this has been covered already.

I think that deals are part and parcel of poker. It does matter how flat you make a payout structure a good percentage of the time all the players want to deal. Especially when there is s decent amount being played for.

I understand from an organisers point of view that a big first prize is a good promo tool and of course if you are live streaming or filming an event then you want it to be played to a finish properly or it goes a bit flat.

If a deal is done in an event then we will not hide the fact, I think it makes a good discussion point on livestream's blogs etc.

There needs to be a balance between what the players want and what the organisers want and I am not sure if we have it 100% right yet but the policy I apply is:

1: In any deal there must be something left to play for after the deal. The amount should be relative to the size of the tournament. Normally I would insist on at least 5% of 1st prize.

2: All players must agree to the deal. Most of the time it is clear whether all the players want to deal. I would ask the question "Is anybody against doing a deal" at the point where it has started being discussed and if nobody pipes up then I would also use the red card/black card voting system to make sure no one is afraid to oppose. Sometimes it is clear that everyone wants to deal so I would not waste anyone's time with a vote in this instance.

3: The organiser should assist with the deal. Not by suggesting amounts but by calculating each persons share based on the various proposals and making sure that every player is 100% happy with the final proposal. Once everyone is agreed then we would adjust the payouts and make sure that each players is paid per the deal.

4: If at any point it is clear that there is an objector to the deal then players are warned that any further deal discussion or pressurising a player to take part in a deal will result in a penalty. If you are allowing deals then you must offer protection to players who need it.

There are plenty of good ICM calculators out there and most give various different options based on the chips stacks and payouts that are input. The one I use on my Android tablet is called dealmaker.

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

Great Structures, Fantastic Venues, Affordable entry fees.

PM for more info.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »

I played the regular £50 last night and was basically forced in to a deal I didn't want to do! I was chip leader but wasn't really allowed to have in say in the deal it was £678 each a straight chop between the 7, as I didn't think this was fair I refused and got called all names under the sun!

Ok I only ended up with £200 due to me tilting as the table got to me because I'm not a regular!

Also one thing I would like to add the missus was watching a bloke standing behind me telling a player on the table cards I had folded as he could see them! I didn't even realise there was someone behind me till I was knocked out and she told me!

you should of made the td aware of the situation

Why did she not mention it until afterwards?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »

Listen man I would forget about telling the TD or what not. The reality is you're going to a poker club to play the pokers with a bunch of ugly bastards who would like nothing better than to take your money. You aren't going to a cub scout meeting to play pat-a-cake with your best friends. So my advice is to wise up your whole approach rather than complaining about being a victim. As it stands you are exposing ur hand to people behind you don't even know are there, you reckon you had no say in the deal as chip leader, that you were forced to do things you didn't want to do, and that you tilted ur chips off. I'm afraid all of that is down to you.

Look dude, huddle up over your cards so nobody can see or turn round and tell people to gtfo if they would be so kind. Realise you ARE the guy calling the shots when CL so fight to cut yourself a better deal and make proposals you're happy with rather than just refusing the straight chop. Guess what? You weren't happy so actually there wasn't a deal and you did have that power to control things. And christ don't let other players tilt you because you made them sad by no dealing. You can achieve all this serenity with a smile on ur face as it's all part of the fun of the game. Just because you feel u didn't have control doesn't mean that control wasn't available if your approach was more deft/skillful. This is good advice btw so don't get defensive.

I think generally this thread has been pretty interesting, lots of different opinions and a good idea by Rob. But I find this what would you do if you owned the poker club question quite remarkable. It gets punters voting for what they would do if they weren't punters.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Azza

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »

As above!

I wasn't aware anyone was behind me as they were on the lower level! If I had known you think I'm that dumb to let it happen? Totally understand where you are coming from about the deal, but when there are 6 regulars who know each other by name saying they will do straight chop deal and nothing else what am I supposed to do? Also when these players are all in your face during hands still talking about deal! Ok I shouldn't of tilted chips off I'm just a hot head what can I say that's just me I'm afraid.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2012, 05:09:45 PM »

Did they snap deal after you went out then. I noticed Wadey was one of the 6 so will try and get his side of the story.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2012, 05:14:22 PM »

I'm confused.. Did you do a deal for £678 or not?

6 regulars who know each other by name saying they will do straight chop deal and nothing else what am I supposed to do? Also when these players are all in your face during hands still talking about deal

Dealer and TD just let this happen?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »

As above!

I wasn't aware anyone was behind me as they were on the lower level! If I had known you think I'm that dumb to let it happen? Totally understand where you are coming from about the deal, but when there are 6 regulars who know each other by name saying they will do straight chop deal and nothing else what am I supposed to do? Also when these players are all in your face during hands still talking about deal! Ok I shouldn't of tilted chips off I'm just a hot head what can I say that's just me I'm afraid.

Gentleman thankyou for your kind offer of an even chop. After carefully considering your terms I must sadly decline the proposal. I am the CL which is making me feel very powerful inside and my balls feel big/nice. Sadly i'm cursed with an arrogant disposition so believe I am the best player at the table and will scoop first prize, so ideally I want to carry on playing. However, I am moved by this all friends together share and share alike approach so am prepared to offer a compromise. I will take £1,146 to reluctantly end the game now. I have the most chips and i'm the only one who wants to carry on playing so I need to be adequately recompensed. This sounds like a lot but don't fret, sharing that burden equally amongst friends means each of you only need sacrifice £78 and everyone can still take £600. You will need to come 3rd or better to make that kinda money so only 2 out of you 6 will be taking more if we continue.

Maybe let them bargain you down to a bag and then go home. If play continues it will be their fault for no dealing so you should call them all the names under the sun.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2012, 07:40:14 PM »

As above!

Gentleman thankyou for your kind offer of an even chop. After carefully considering your terms I must sadly decline the proposal. I am the CL which is making me feel very powerful inside and my balls feel big/nice. Sadly i'm cursed with an arrogant disposition so believe I am the best player at the table and will scoop first prize, so ideally I want to carry on playing. However, I am moved by this all friends together share and share alike approach so am prepared to offer a compromise. I will take £1,146 to reluctantly end the game now. I have the most chips and i'm the only one who wants to carry on playing so I need to be adequately recompensed. This sounds like a lot but don't fret, sharing that burden equally amongst friends means each of you only need sacrifice £78 and everyone can still take £600. You will need to come 3rd or better to make that kinda money so only 2 out of you 6 will be taking more if we continue.

Maybe let them bargain you down to a bag and then go home. If play continues it will be their fault for no dealing so you should call them all the names under the sun.
Mr chip leader, you may have the chip lead ATM but we are 6 sneaky mothers and in a short while you are gonna be going out in 7th and get the abso min from the position you are in now as you are showing everyone your hand. Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Azza

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2012, 08:18:42 PM »

Yeah wadey was there ask him. I'll admit I did make a mistake after the lil argument. Other than that was basically ganged up on lol! Tbf tho I really don't give a flying fuck just thought I would put my point across!

To above I weren't showing my hand so shut it yeah! They were looking over my shoulder without me knowing ok.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2012, 08:43:36 PM »

As above!

Mr chip leader, you may have the chip lead ATM but we are 6 sneaky mothers and in a short while you are gonna be going out in 7th and get the abso min from the position you are in now as you are showing everyone your hand. Smiley

See Azza the people you're dealing with are sneaky mothers so you need to watch your back. Need to cup them cards like ur holding a butterfly and keep looking around all paranoid. If you see any sneaky mothers appearing round the back tell them to gtfo. Only look at your cards once and only peel them up from the corners. Can;t believe we were CL and threw it all away.

Azza

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2012, 09:14:03 PM »

Lol at all comments thanks you have made my day I'm all smiles now Smiley

I wasn't putting this up to start any rows was just putting my point across. See u all soon big kisses Cheesy
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2012, 09:19:08 PM »

All is cool. So many times chip leaders no deal and become the next guy out. We all say we will no deal until it gets down to the last few and taking the decent sum becomes attractive. The best thing to do is play along with the regs and you will get a decent deal offered when you are short. Wp last night

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: