blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 09:18:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272976 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How to play a flopped straight flush draw
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to play a flopped straight flush draw  (Read 831 times)
Pokerversity

Trying, mostly.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:12:11 PM »

Hi,

Always find it hard to know how to best play straight flush draws, with 3 of your suit on the flop. Unusual situation, I know, but it has come up several times in big tournaments for me. Here is the hand in question http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuOu6PbONmc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

What I knew about freezer01 was very significant in how this hand was played. We were 4 hands into the tournament. Freezer01 had played EVERY hand. Hand 1 he raised to 70, bet pot on flop, bet turn then folded river, flop was 10,8,5 rainbow. Hand 2 he called BB flop 7,8,2 he called 40, turn J checked, river 10 he bet 160 was called and showed 9,5o for a loss. Hand 3 he called pre and folded on a 4,6,A flop. Basically a very bad player Smiley

Questions:

1) I limped pre because I like to do that with medium Aces heads up against weak opponents- this is because I figure I can play better after the flop, avoid losing lots of chips to bigger aces and win often when he bluffs. Is this correct?

2) I made a large bet on the turn because I figured he had a weak hand that was currently ahead of mine, so I wanted to take the pot down but I knew I had outs. If he shoved I was planning to fold. I really felt like he could have almost any two given his playing history

3) The shove on the turn did not feel like a bluff, I was expecting a call with top pair or other hands I am beating, against because of his history.

?

Thanks
Will

Pokerversity
The home of university poker
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »

if your betting 3/4 of pot on turn dont even think of folding to the shove

dont like the limp pre this early i would more than likely fold pre
dont like the check raise on flop your 7 high flush draw isnt that great you really only hae 2 flush cards you want to see
i would of check called flop and turn and possibly even the river

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: