blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:42:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD £1m GTE UKIPT Nottingham
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £1m GTE UKIPT Nottingham  (Read 50685 times)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 12:55:44 PM »

It's capped at 1000 runners
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 01:37:37 PM »

With the deepstack being called of that month have been thinking of playing this, but still unable to find some relevant information.

- Starting stack?
- How long are blinds?
- How many days (think I might have seen this, but may have forgot)
- Prediction of pot? Someone said to me they may get £750k, but it is impossible.
Structure etc is posted on UKIPT site and I think they are expecting over 1k runners?

The structure isn't posted on the UKIPT website, just tells you levels. It doesn't mention how long the levels are or perhaps how many runners they are expecting, pretty poor really.

Not to mention there is supposed to be a cap on number of players, but yet there was more than that cap last year....
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 01:53:33 PM »

I think they are 1 hour levels but not played one for a while
maccer2613

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 10:24:46 PM »

Hi

I played the last event in Galway and its 1 hour levels £15k starting stack. Don't think you can buy back in.
They got 700 entered there and the cap was supposed to be 500 ! It wouldn't surprise me if they get 1200 as that was almost the number for last yrs at DTD. The higher buy in doesn't seem to of affected numbers.

The blind levels are on the ukipt site but it's a bit strange in that they started at 12 pm and played 8 levels on day 1 (thurs or fri) with no dinner break just 20 mins every 2 levels. We finished about 9pm! They then played Sat and Sun and had the final table on Monday ( which I got no where near !)

Cheers
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 01:00:41 AM »

In for 1b

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 07:03:52 AM »

So very in for this Smiley
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 10:00:24 AM »

Can Simon or someone from the club confirm whether it is two or three start days/flights? It's getting quite close now and start days not totally confirmed. Am reluctant to book travel yet in case things get shifted. Would also love to know sides but priority is how many start days in the main. Start of play would also be good so know whether come come down the night before.

Needs 1072 runners for a £750,000 prizepool. Seems like it will happen. Stars running millions of sats. Awesome!
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »

Starting Days

At the moment there is only 2 starting days, Thursday and Friday. We are working closely with Pokerstars on the number of players that they are sending, last year they sent 350 and we got a field of 1058. Current forecasts are that they will be sending double that for this event.

What I can say, is that I am meeting with Pokerstars next week, and that I will do everything I can do to make sure that every single player that wants to play this UKIPT event will be able to. Please just leave this with me and trust me that I will do what I can. Pokerstars do not like to add extra days, flights or change their schedule, they have a fixed formula which works, but I will know more next week. What I need is for players to just "trust me" on this one and be a little patient. Last year's UKIPT was a brilliant event but it wasn't easy to turn people away when they rang reception and also having 1000+ players in the building at one time was a strain on our resources.

Cheers Rob

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:07:36 PM by robyong » Logged
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 12:28:14 PM »

By not running your dtd deepstack weekend rob they will acknowledge this ? As it would dilute the number of players able to afford 2 big buyins in the same month and hopefully let everyone who wants to buy in do so ? Maybe run a day 1 c on the Friday at 5/6 pm start like the gukpt does
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 05:36:53 PM »

Cheers Rob, I appreciate the reply.

I played this two years ago and it was a cracking event, the kind that makes DTD stand out from other venues in the UK imo, best of luck with organising it!
maccer2613

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 07:35:15 PM »

Should be listed under events then, special on far right hand side 

Thanks
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 04:23:41 PM »

With the deepstack being called of that month have been thinking of playing this, but still unable to find some relevant information.

- Starting stack?
- How long are blinds?
- How many days (think I might have seen this, but may have forgot)
- Prediction of pot? Someone said to me they may get £750k, but it is impossible.
Structure etc is posted on UKIPT site and I think they are expecting over 1k runners?

The structure isn't posted on the UKIPT website, just tells you levels. It doesn't mention how long the levels are or perhaps how many runners they are expecting, pretty poor really.

Not to mention there is supposed to be a cap on number of players, but yet there was more than that cap last year....

The structure is 15,000 chips, 60 minute clock. We are expecting over 1,000 entries. The cap is yet to be confirmed.

Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 04:34:18 PM »

Just seen the UKIPT ad on the Online site.

I can see the satellite tree on the webpage, but no sats on the site. Have they been loaded yet? (If not, when do they start - as the ad/site do not state)

TYVM

The satellites page is now up on the site  - http://www.dusktilldawnpokerclub.com/satellites/pokerstars-ukipt

Online satellites start on Monday, we are running an early bird €20 rebuy at 6pm as well as the €50 Freezeout at 9pm. Plus feeders and freerolls running all day.

If you have any questions regarding our online satellites for the UKIPT please message me on here or email me nicola@dusktilldawnpoker.com

Cheers Nicola

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 09:16:15 AM »

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »

If you have any questions regarding the UKIPT satellites starting Monday give me a shout!

Cheers Nicola

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: