blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 01:48:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272920 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  *QUICK CHECK UP THREAD" - Cash
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: *QUICK CHECK UP THREAD" - Cash  (Read 1701 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2012, 12:26:09 PM »

Poor George doesn't want his thread overrun, so think a new thread would be great where we can posts hands that don't justify a thread.

Post spots where you think the hand is fairly simple and doesn't require a lot of thought, but you want some reassurance that you're doing it right.

DO: Include reads and/or HUD stats

DON'T: Include results

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:22:40 PM »

Go on then first in the door.

Playing AK at Micro stakes 6 max.

This hand occurred, nothing special, seems pretty standard to me, AA/KK/QQ/AK and most of the time JJ go aipf.

I'm basically 3b to play this hand HU post and in position then if he 4b then I just get it in.
Anybody folding AK pre here at these stakes (if stakes are relevant)?
Anybody flatting here? If so what do we do if someone sqz's?
This isn't a 50p moment either before someone says it. Just thinking about other ways to play it.

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (IPoker)
$10.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, March 14, 07:00:46 ET 2012
Table TURBO French (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Seat 1: Player1 ( $10.00 USD ) - VPIP: 19, PFR: 16, 3B: 3, AF: 3.4, Hands: 288
Seat 3: Hero ( $15.64 USD ) - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 7, AF: 2.2, Hands: 26825
Seat 5: Player5 ( $7.25 USD ) - VPIP: 40, PFR: 25, 3B: 12, AF: 3.4, Hands: 77
Seat 6: Player6 ( $2.75 USD ) - VPIP: 29, PFR: 27, 3B: 12, AF: 5.5, Hands: 270
Seat 8: Player8 ( $12.08 USD ) - VPIP: 15, PFR: 13, 3B: 7, AF: 6.0, Hands: 183
Seat 10: Player10 ( $10.23 USD ) - VPIP: 19, PFR: 16, 3B: 3, AF: 3.4, Hands: 288
Player8 posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
Player10 posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [   Ah ]
Player1 raises [$0.30 USD]
Hero raises [$1.05 USD]
Player5 folds
Player6 folds
Player8 folds
Player10 folds
Player1 raises [$2.10 USD]
Hero raises [$14.59 USD]
Player1 calls [$7.60 USD]

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:25:14 PM by Bully87 » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 07:29:09 PM »

flat pre, vs micro stakes utg 4b/calling range we're not in good enough shape. If enough hands on villain (not usually the case at microstakes) ((3khands+) and we have a read we can potentially get it in.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 07:31:56 PM »

flat pre, vs micro stakes utg 4b/calling range we're not in good enough shape. If enough hands on villain (not usually the case at microstakes) ((3khands+) and we have a read we can potentially get it in.

And if we're OOP, say the BB vs this UTG open? Still flat?

The stats on guy are TAG too tbf!
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 08:37:57 AM »

Definitely just flat here pre. Not just at micro stakes either. Auto 3betting AKo vs utg raises is a big mistake, and one that is made by a lot of regs btw. Same if in the BB, flatting is best.
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 03:08:54 AM »

Setmining in 3b pots

This hand occurred last night in a live 50/1 game to my mate, he obv's binks but thats not why I'm posting it

My mate, opens UTG/UTG+1 w 33 to £4 from 125bb stack.
Few callers as expected in a laggy game.
Btn 3b to £20 , local reg, very loose and aggro post flop but if he's 3b pre he has pretty tight range of IMO 88+ AQ+ and maybe AJ/AT if he's in that kinda mood.
Mate just calls, binks a 3 and merry christmas he doubles through vs QQ.

In my mind this is just terrible, to call off 20 pre, 1/6 almost of our stack to hit a two outer.
On this occasion the villain snaps with his tight range which was known but what about the times he passes and has nothing but A hi...

Just would like some opinions on this.

Mine is from this stack size calling is terrible as its a good chunk of our stack, we miss 7/8 times and the 1 time we do hit we need oppo to have a hand and pay us off also.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »

You are right, it is usually bad to call the 3b here with 33 - although you need to check your maths... you are not calling off 1/6 of your stack, calling another 16 is between 1/7 and 1/8 of your stack. That's just me being nit-picky though, and it doesn't really change the argument.

In principle I'd be looking for at least 20/1 implied odds to call for pure set value alone. You obviously know why this is the case so I won't go over this (not guaranteed to stack villain when you do hit a set, won't even always win when you hit a set etc. etc.). In practice, in live games I am often willing to be shave my requirements for set mining substantially because there is so much more chance of a multi-way pot. For example, if a couple of players had already called - or your friend looked left and saw the other three players with chips in their hand clearly ready to call - then he could perhaps take a punt to hit a set with rather less than 20/1 implied odds against the 3bettor. But this is not the case here (you haven't mentioned it anyway)... and in fact your friend is not even guaranteed to see a flop since one of the original callers could backraise.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:14:56 AM by Honeybadger » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 10:40:26 AM »

mid-low pocket pairs are in their element multi-way with deep stacks. They have pretty polarised flop equity (either lots or none) and have very bad visibility which makes them bad to bluff catch with as your equity vs decent bluffing ranges is usually pretty bad. Howeveer when you flop yuor equity is so strong you can merrily get large amounts of Bets in. They really do suck in a heads up situation, it;s not there stomping ground, leave the heads up pots to the JTs and A2s hands and leave those pesky crabs doing what they do best flopping sets in multi-way pots Smiley

Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 12:46:15 PM »

All I got was maths thrown at me and apparently its 7.875 to 1 vs 7.5 to hit a set or something like that. Have read online where people are saying 15-1 odds even upto 25-1 odds according to Harrington in cash games. Seems a very broad opinion on this
Apparently it was 16 more from a stack of 142, although he may have changed his story stacksize so his odds were better haha!

If he was last to act and someone else had called the 20bb then I too snap call but not closing the action, chasing 2 outs, just to me is long term badddd, add to this OOP post cos I'm not just discussing 33 I mean pairs upto 88 are in the same remit here arent they too? we could still be good post flop and no idea where we are with the hand and chk folding majority of flops for 20bbs suckkkkks a bit

Maybe I'm a nit but cheers for the replies.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: