blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 08:09:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272889 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Rob's PokerStars UKIPT £1M GTE Diary thread."28 Days Later" (crap film)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rob's PokerStars UKIPT £1M GTE Diary thread."28 Days Later" (crap film)  (Read 46023 times)
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2012, 07:46:47 PM »

Hi Guys,

Please read this carefully.

1. If you are a Pokerstars qualifier or have directly bought in through the Stars client, you can have max £2,000 cash at our cage and the rest in your PokerStars Online account
2. If you are a DTD Qualifer, bought in through DTD Shop, or bought in in cash, you can have max £10k cash and rest in cheque or bank transfer

Cheers Rob

P.S. I like the idea of putting plaques on the table heads-up, i've asked Simon to do this as long as Pokerstars are okay with it, I don't think its tacky, my trademark for heads up challenges is "cash on the table", but plaques are also fine and more practical Smiley
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:43:05 AM by robyong » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2012, 07:57:54 PM »

Rob, if you hit the milly can you have all the money on the table during the HU like they do in the series?

I would love to but not sure what insurance company would think!

I'm not at all sure that would be a wise thing to do in Nottingham! And I cannot imagine any of the top finishers would want to be paid in cash.

Such nits Cheesy

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »

Hi Guys,

1. If you are a Pokerstars qualifier or have directly bought in through the Stars client, you can have max £2,500 cash at our cage and the rest in your PokerStars Online account
2. If you are a DTD Qualifer, bought in through DTD Shop, or bought in in cash, you can have max £10k cash and rest in cheque or bank transfer

Cheers Rob

P.S. I like the idea of putting plaques on the table heads-up, i've asked Simon to do this as long as Pokerstars are okay with it, I don't think its tacky, my trademark for heads up challenges is "cash on the table", but plaques are also fine and more practical Smiley

Thanks rob. Only trust Chinese! Lol
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »

Hi Guys,

1. If you are a Pokerstars qualifier or have directly bought in through the Stars client, you can have max £2,500 cash at our cage and the rest in your PokerStars Online account

Cheers Rob

and the hot birds in DTD logo'd bikinis?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2012, 08:29:22 PM »

Hi Guys,

2. If you are a DTD Qualifer, bought in through DTD Shop, or bought inG in cash, you can have max £10k cash and rest in cheque or bank transfer

Cheers Rob

U and me in the bikinis with rob and Simon holding the light !!

Wiiiiiiiii
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2012, 08:31:04 PM »

Hi Guys,

2. If you are a DTD Qualifer, bought in through DTD Shop, or bought inG in cash, you can have max £10k cash and rest in cheque or bank transfer

Cheers Rob

U and me in the bikinis with rob and Simon holding the light !!

Wiiiiiiiii

omg is it please.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2012, 08:58:05 PM »

I could put on a mankini too !
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »

incredible gaurantee, will definitely be supporting.
RH12

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2012, 11:22:53 PM »

Id love to show my support for this tourney and DTD in general, but unless i win a seat online im about £770 short.

Best of luck though, and well done on having the balls to put the guarantee on Rob.   
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »

incredible gaurantee, will definitely be supporting donating.
Tongue

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
GazWalker

Oh hai der

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2012, 12:27:57 PM »

Pile of plaques on the table would be awesome Cheesy

robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2012, 04:39:25 PM »

PokerStars UKIPT £1M - Post 4: Over the 500

We have now reached the massive ( ) total 515 players with 20 days to go, only 915 players to drag through the doors. In simple terms, between us and PokerStars we have averaged 23 players a day through satelittes, online and cash direct buy-ins over the last 7 days, with no uplift over next 20 days, the maths is simple;

Current player total = 515

20 Days left x 23 = 460

Forecast Players before Day 1a = 975

Shortfall before Day 1a = 455 (i.e. cash buy-ins needed on Day 1a, Day 1b and Day 1c)

In our favour is there is normally an uplift nearer the event, previous to the £1M GTE, average players generated were only 10 per day, so we have had a 130% uplift, it could be argued that the "nearer the time" increase in players has already been experienced as players know Day 1c will sell out and are therefore buying their seat early, so I think it's prudent to assume that 23 will be the "norm" up to the Wed April 11th with the potential/hope of a mad rush on the last week.

Cash buy-ins on the Day 1's could be lower than previous years, as many players may have pre registered or qualified via satelittes due to the increase in buy-in from £500 + £60 to £700+£70. If we get a poor Day 1a, even if there were 500 players that turn up on Day 1c, we couldn't actually seat them and would end up in the wierd position of turning players away and doing our xxxxocks on the GTE!

I am mindful that UKIPT Gallway only had 100 cash buy-ins, so there is noway that we can afford to be at 975 players before the doors on on Day 1a Wed, having Thur and Fri sold out will not matter, we can't rely on a 50% direct cash buy-in rate into Day 1a. On many occasions Simon, Nick and myself have "walked the car park" of Dusk Till Dawn, hoping cars are turning into our car park, only to see them turn into the Cinema next door, I don't fancy doing this at £700 a pop!

I am assuming that there are not enough players in the UK at this £700+£70 entry level, so we need to generate 200-250 non UK buy-ins by networking our contacts abroad, starting with me going to the Norwegian Championships next week, where there will be 1000 players, then I'm off to Amsterdam, Austria, Paris and then back to Dublin for the Irish Open. So far, I have "loose mates type" agreements with 10 different poker mates in different countries to try and generate 20 - 25 players from their country, either through their live venues or marketing their player databases, if this comes off, we will get very close to the 1430 players and get as many players into Day 1a as possible.

Cheers Rob

Online Satelittes: From Monday next week we have increased our 9pm €50 Online Satelitte from 2 to 3 seats GTE, the 6.30pm early bird €20 RB stays at 1 seat

Club Sateliites: £50 9pm this Saturday 5 seats GTE http://www.dusktilldawnpokerclub.com/events/ukipt/3344, our marketing plan is 100 seats to be qualified through the club, so there will be plenty of chances for our regulars to get into this event, defo want to keep this prize pool in the DTD village Smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:06:07 PM by robyong » Logged
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2012, 04:58:53 PM »

Have faith obi wan the force is strong with dtd
Galway was 2 hours? From an airport
Dtd is only 2 hours from some of the most densely populated towns in the midlands
5 mins from the m1
30 ? Mins from east midlands airport ( you could offer your car as acourtesy pick up ?)
It will be close but I think u will make it
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2012, 05:09:46 PM »

How about giving players an incentive to play 1a?

Half juice or something.

Travelling players will always pick the last starting day to cut down on expenses.

EDIT: How about a freeroll on day 1b for all day 1a players for a free seat in the hi roller?

REEDIT: Freeroll is a terrible idea, but some sort of thing to get players in on Day 1a and get then to return to play cash or whatever on day 1b.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:30:05 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2012, 05:41:35 PM »

I like the ideas to get players to play/choose Day 1a, we wouldn't be able to deal a free roll for 400 (or 40) players though on Day 1b - but I really like the idea, Day 1b is gonna be sold out with alternates for sure and PokerStars also have aside event at 8pm - however I guess I could do something on Tuesday night for those Day 1a players. In terms of half price juice for Day 1a, PokerStars wouldn't allow that as its pretty unfair on their players who have already qualified for Day 1b and c. I like the concept of trying to get players to move into Day 1a or choose that day, its definitely been on my mind cause I feel we do 1000 runners (450+ 50 alternates) over Thu and Fri, so if I can hit 450 on Wed, we are safe!. I''ll see what the numbers look like in another week but youre spot on, cause if I can fill Day 1a, we smash the GTE, but I have to be careful of gimmicks to do this, as its a UKIPT event and we play by PokerStars UKIPT rules, and rightly so, I can't just change things/offer promos to other players because we have put up the GTE, and I'm mindful of doing things the right way for all sets of players, qualifiers and direct buy-ins, whatever Day 1 they choose. That's kind of more important that hitting the numbers. Cheers mate, Rob
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:47:43 PM by robyong » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: