blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:16:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  KK Preflop
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KK Preflop  (Read 797 times)
Pokerversity

Trying, mostly.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 16, 2012, 12:09:47 AM »

Appreciate your help on this one. Think I played it horribly, but not sure what best line would have been. I'll just tell you what happened:

UKIPT Side Event, £330 buy-in 280 runners (ish)
10k starting stack
Blinds 200/400 ante 50
Average chips at this point 22k ish

Me: 60k
Villian: 34k
Villian 2: 28k

I was on the BB. Villian raised to 1050 from mid position. He had shown raises with J10, J9s, KQs, this sort of range. SB Villian 2 reraised to 3k. Villan 2 very tight, not played a hand. I observed Villian not reacting much when looking at his cards, didn't think he had a premium hand. Villian 2 was different, tense body, fast heartbeat, trying to engage waitress etc. I was concerned he had AA. I decided to smooth call, and Villian 2 called as well. (I did this because I thought I was facing AA and may need to hit Q:what would have been best)

I called 3k, Villian called as well.

Flop: 10h   (Pot 9450)

SB Villian 2 checks.
I bet 6k
Villian calls
Villian 2 folds

Turn: (Pot 21450)

I bet 16k (Q: I did this because I thought he had a drawing hand and I wanted to close it out. I now think it was wrong, but what would be best)
Villian goes all-in for 25k

I call, when I should have folded and I know I should have. He tables 1010.

The third guy in the pot preflop really fked me on this one. What would have been better?

Views much appreciated

Will

Pokerversity
The home of university poker
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 12:17:36 AM »

cold 4 pre, its the rage at the moment and you wont get the reespect you deserve, these guys dont fold big hands and can go into hood mode q often. Like leading flop but prefer 4100.

Oon the the turn u are never bluffing, because of ur overly large bet otf uts made it very awkward ott, u cant shove, and u cant bet 10k, betting 16 is basically retarded too.

I much prefer, 4100, 8700, jam.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 12:20:32 AM »

keep raising pre until you have all your chips in the middle and really dont worry if he shows you an A with another A, these things happen (and you will be left wth 2x ave)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pugwashed

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:20:10 AM »

I kinda hate cold calling 3bets tho it might not always be unreasonable. Here I just make it 6525 and get it in. As for the flop, on drier boards or against decent players I'd probably go for sizing similar to pleno's suggestion but on a wet board like this and against fish I'd be much more likely to size it on the bigger side so I could bet flop, shove turn. Reason's being that betting for protection is more important on wet boards, and there are more scare cards that might let them get away from worse hands that could come on later streets and I doubt random fish ever fold QQ/JJ if you bet flop, shove turn but might be more likely to fold to 3 streets (especially as thats one extra street for scary cards to come).
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 06:51:50 PM »

keep raising pre until you have all your chips in the middle and really dont worry if he shows you an A with another A, these things happen (and you will be left wth 2x ave)

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »

Yeah 4bet pre. Less on flop/turn to give us some manoverability
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: