blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 06:18:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO Tourney Hand
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO Tourney Hand  (Read 3298 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 01:49:22 PM »

I dare say my eyesight's not what it was my boy.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 01:51:28 PM »

love how i've transformed Tikay's image to a 19th century Aristocrat with slightly weaker left handed eye-sight.

It's like merging Alex Goulder and Tikay together!

I say pip-pip and all that

#lovethemonacle

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 01:54:03 PM »

As for your hand Karibina, pre-flop seems like a wide call unless we hit, but now that we've missed the flop I would imagine check/fold would be my play unless there's a club on the board and the hit's the turn

How exactly have we missed this flop?

+   looks pretty damn good to me.

I'd be putting the lot in here hoping for a fold but knowing I've got decent equity against pretty much anything but a set.

I missed the , see a few posts on where my opinion changes. There was also no mention of a club on the board, all I had was QT4r - I agree that we have hit this flop, but being a nit I'd still prefer to see the turn before jamming, even though it's been pretty well explained why that's wrong...

fwiw even without the 8 in our hand once it's checked to us we have to hit the pot button for the same reasons.  Pair/Nut-Gutshot (don't have it in me to EVER say nutshot on a poker forum) and 2 BD FD's is too much, gotta go with I'm afraid Smiley

Pre-flop is defo fine, although you could fold to the 3bet if you really wanted, I think calling IS better as you still have 30big blinds if you miss which in PLO tourneys where there are no antes is pretty comfortable.

I actually only have fifteen bigs remaining Dave having peeled the 3-bet pre, does that change the thinking?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 02:07:08 PM »

oh it's 1k/2k?

so you'd have 30k left.

so you start the hand with 22.5 big blinds? Wow that's WAY WAY closer.

***oon a side note it makes the flop a MANDATORY pot bet, like criminal to do anything else***

Erm, no i think calling preflop is still fine, folding becomes SLIGHTLY more attractive - 15 big blinds is still fine for a POT LIMIT tourney you're in no rush.

Beaver808

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 04:00:09 PM »

What did the turn bring?

Behavioral therapy guy - England Golf Squad Manager - Micro-stakes grinder

www.radtherapy.co.uk - www.peakstategolf.co.uk
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 04:34:03 PM »

Learning loads from this thread.

I may even respond to one eventually, with my own critique. I'll wait till Dave goes on holiday first though. And Greeky.  My arsehole is just fine, as is.

I think I may have to tweak my guillotine allegory as it's more like putting your arse on the block.

Haha, trust me this forum is all hugs and kisses compared to some.  The first ever PHA post I made on any forum was on Betfair at least 2 software generations ago on that site.  I got responses like 'If I was you I would never play the game again.'

Since I've been posting here I've found the PHA forum to be 95% constructive and helpful.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 05:29:30 PM »

Having "criminally" checked back the flop (don't worry I was already aware that this was probably a huge mistake),

I hold As

The turn now comes

So we have out there and UTG checks again...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:31:02 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »

bet/calling again

Beaver808

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »

Having "criminally" checked back the flop (don't worry I was already aware that this was probably a huge mistake),

I hold As

The turn now comes

So we have out there and UTG checks again...

Now I feel a lot more comfortable bet/jamming even though I now know we should have done it on the flop - Is that what happened and we missed the river?

Behavioral therapy guy - England Golf Squad Manager - Micro-stakes grinder

www.radtherapy.co.uk - www.peakstategolf.co.uk
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2012, 05:44:17 PM »

With just the one card to come I actually prefer checking now.

We've got position and if we do hit we might have a chance of getting paid following our passive line so far.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 06:12:25 PM »

yh getting it in on the flop way better than on the turn, now we've got this turn if he checks again POT POT POT POT

for god sakes man get some money in this pot!

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 06:16:38 PM »

With just the one card to come I actually prefer checking now.

We've got position and if we do hit we might have a chance of getting paid following our passive line so far.

That's pretty much how I felt and I checked behind again feeling extremely wimpish and already regretting that I hadn't fired at the flop.

The river comes and UTG checks for a third time...

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 06:38:22 PM »

well you have to chk back now, and pray you win, which you MIGHT.

Without being anything other than constructive peeling the 3bet and not potting the flop is a massive, massive mistake.

I understand your reasons for doing it but you cost yourself so much in terms of equity. speshly ONCE he's checked twice basically saying he doesn't have a strong hand you can bet and win SO often you really do just need to pick the chips up and put them in your stack.

TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 06:53:37 PM »

I think that the turn is way closer to being a check than the flop is.  We're just not representing much and potting there looks pretty weak.  That said I'm still potting the turn.  Sometimes you have to forget about representing something that makes sense and put some pressure on your opponent, especially in case like this when we kinda need the pot.  And if called we still have outs.

On River defo check behind and cross your fingers.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 09:35:03 PM »

Of course I check behind on the river and his AAxx takes the pot.

I ended up bubbling this tourney coming 9/62 and 8 got paid but I knew that this was the key hand.

I also knew that I had mangled this coup which is why I chose to put this hand up so I'm grateful for all of the constructive analysis but tournament PLO is a complex beast especially during the later stages and although I suspected that failing to bet the flop was my error I wasn't completely sure that it was definitely the root of my problems.

A worthwhile discussion and thanks for all of the input.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: