blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:40:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Cash Game spot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cash Game spot  (Read 1619 times)
Radagast

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2012, 08:36:57 PM »

Be gentle.

Prior to this hand I have around 100 gbp, Villain has around 200.  He is a regular cash player.  He doesnt work and is a winning player at cash most nights playing from 10pm until 6/7/8 am.

He usually has it when called but sometimes doesnt.  Likes to make big bets to make others fold.  Is quite unpredictable in range.  

30 mins prior to this hand a similar situation arose.  He made a pot sized 50 quid river bet on a board with 2 jacks, was called and lost.  Neither player had a jack.

I am in BB with  

Villain is UTG + 1, he limps for 2, button and small blind both call,  I check

Pot is 8

Flop is   two hearts  

Everyone checks

Pot is 8

Turn is  

SB bets 7, I call, villain calls

Pot is 29

River is  

SB bets 7, I call, villain makes it 50, SB folds,

me? pot is now 93 and 43 for me to call.

Question 1 ...Pre flop how often should I raise, if ever?

Question 2 ...How often does he have a nothing much, bare ace, higher flush, full house.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:39:08 PM by Radagast » Logged
iwillwinlots

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:40:05 PM »

1. never
2. your Always beat
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 09:03:05 PM »

You should never raise this hand preflop from the big blind. You can check and see the flop for free. I'd never raise anything but a good hand in this situation, most pairs, KJ/KQ and AT+. People won't fold very often, especially the limper, to whom you're out of position. Check.

I'd lead this flop. You have great equity with a plethora of outs if called, the others will fold loads too, it's unlikely anyone has an Ace, or a pocket pair, so you'll get it through a lot. Be wary that if you are called, it will often be by a better flush draw so if it comes in, don't inflate the pot and be prepared to fold. If you get one caller and you miss, you can fire the turn if called and bluff the river too perhaps if you think your opponent has a flush draw too.

As played, I'd call the turn and raise the river. You're always ahead of the guy who bets £7 - he'd never only bet 7 with a better hand than yours. You can comfortably fold vs the other guy once he makes it 50. He always has you beat here.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
sm00035

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »

You can comfortably fold vs the other guy once he makes it 50. He always has you beat here.

Don't agree with this at all. Obviously he can have you beat, but the hand is played so passively the whole way through I'd expect him to raise all A's and even complete bluffs on this river (albeit I can't actually think of any bluffs he can have), it's live poker and nothing surprises me.

I think more interestingly, I know you are playing gbp, but what currency is he playing?
sm00035

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »

Meh, I'm an idiot, I read the post wrong, didn't realise the guy raising river was the winning reg. Yeh a 5high flush is never winning.

Be more interesting if you had a T high flush
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »

Meh, I'm an idiot, I read the post wrong, didn't realise the guy raising river was the winning reg. Yeh a 5high flush is never winning.

Be more interesting if you had a T high flush

idiot

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
LeeMcshane

The only difference between praying in a Church an

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 04:52:04 AM »

1) i would never raise pre, 2) i would definate bet the flop with your stong looking draw. 3) i would not calll the re raise on the river your so far behind with your flush...

The only difference between praying in a Church and praying at the poker table is that when you pray at the poker table you really mean it.
FrenchieBeni

Otter paawer. 96s ftw.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »

Worst we bet/call otr?
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 03:38:37 PM »

1) never raising this out of the BB, unopened to me on the button then yes. Like Alex I'm only ever raising live limpets (new word for limpers Wink) with KJ+

2) you're always beat, the reg you describes wouldn't be a winning player if he's making a ridiculous overbet like this without the 5 high flush beat. Even if on the 1% chance you're not beat there's a lot better spots to get money in, let him have your £7 and get it back later.

Lead the flop, you have ridic equity and are building a bigger pot for yourself if you catch an offsuit 4 or your flush draw is live.

Worse I bet call with OTR?  would have me sweating on the wrong side of call probably, even though personally I think this is a boat raising to get a flush to punch a ticket to valuetown. Personally I think this is 22 or 66,
Radagast

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 04:07:33 PM »

You can comfortably fold vs the other guy once he makes it 50. He always has you beat here.

Don't agree with this at all. Obviously he can have you beat, but the hand is played so passively the whole way through I'd expect him to raise all A's and even complete bluffs on this river (albeit I can't actually think of any bluffs he can have), it's live poker and nothing surprises me.

I think more interestingly, I know you are playing gbp, but what currency is he playing?

Ha ha very good.  I have a daft german? keyboard and the pound sign is a complicated 10 button combination iirc.  We were both using gbp sterling legal tender.
Radagast

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 04:32:51 PM »

Ok unfortunately I called.  I thought for ages.  This guy could have made this play with any of his range.  Its def his style to put pressure on me.

But in my thoughts I had really forgotten about the initial raiser on the button.

The reg was raising both of us really so he had to have something. 

I actually settled on him having an ace rag that missed the full house and was trying take down the pot away from small flushes like me.

He had 

If I hadnt witnessed him bet the 50 on the river an hour so before and get called by a pocket pair and lose I think I would have folded.  I almost did.

But he is the type to make that move with any of his limping range.

Thanks for all the feedback.  I appreciate it.

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »

Levelled yourself here. Remember a good player is gonna be able to differentiate between the good and bad bluffing spots and isn't necessarily just a serial bluffer.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: