blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:07:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  River disaster spot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: River disaster spot  (Read 3932 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2012, 01:55:40 PM »

this one is from a while back, just didn't post it.

£1/2 game at dusk, £400 cap

Never played with villain before, not seen a showdown, but have seen him barrel and win a few and barrel and lose a few. Not ridic aggro, but certainly isnt afraid to put in the third barrel. He probably thinks I'm a nit because I basically got aces in pre and haven't played another hand. I'm playing £580 or so and he covers.

Pre

Two limpers to me in the hijack, I make it £13 with . Villain 3b to £30 otb. Folded round, I call.

Flop (£67)

I check call £35

Turn (£137)

I check, he bets £75. I raise to £180. I felt like he knew I knew he was capable of barreling so I threw in a raise here because I thought he might check behind some rivers with SD and might level himself into calling light/jamming as a bluff if I raise here, because he knows I know he's going to barrel river, so why would I raise here with a value hand?

River (£497)

We've got about £340 left. What do we do?
Pugwashed

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »

I guess you can just check/fold, seems like he can have a K a lot here and even if he doesn't it seems like he'd need to capable of floating your turn check/raise or turning every showdown value that's worse than Kx into a bluff both of which seem unlikely and even if that's the case he's still gonna have a K a bunch of the time anyway. It sucks but I think you have check/fold
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 02:36:46 PM »

jam or chk/fold imo

no idea which is better.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 06:08:42 PM »

Puke.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »

Sigh c/f. He def has more k's than 9's and don't think live players will turn things into a bluff too often.
FrenchieBeni

Otter paawer. 96s ftw.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 01:10:39 PM »

Jam 9's. c/f all the other hands Tongue
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »

letting  go as well are you?

Seems a touch on the tight side Cheesy

LeeMcshane

The only difference between praying in a Church an

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 05:43:57 AM »

c/f to many kings in his range here. I personally would of made it more of a bigger check raise on the turn though. pot was £203  and you made it £105 to call just a little more then half pot.

Personally i like to make my hand look like a bluff and use my image here especially when the 9 hits pretending it has helped us, if he knows you capable of repping any scare card without it I think you can and would get more value on the turn. i will write down evrything proper when i wake up though as im to tired and cant think. lol

The only difference between praying in a Church and praying at the poker table is that when you pray at the poker table you really mean it.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 10:48:18 AM »

Everyone saying he has loads of kings in his range. The only legitimate King he has is AKo or potentially KQs (for sure he could have 3bet a suited King) but as far as value hands go if he isn't getting out of line pre-flop all the much I think he has more pairs than kings.

Jamming certainly a legit option imo (not saying it's better than c/f, just that it is certainly viable). The other good reason for jamming is he thinks he wont jam JJ 100% (which is true) and we'd jam 9* even less and wouldn't c/r a naked K* on the turn so we're pretty much polarised to K9/maybe JJ and there are loads of semi-bluffs on the turn for us. So I can see a lot of people in live play getting the hero on with AA/QQ here.

Chk/calling is the only no-no here.

FrenchieBeni

Otter paawer. 96s ftw.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 11:08:55 AM »

letting  go as well are you?

Seems a touch on the tight side Cheesy

Quads are not as good as you think Tongue

Srsy i think we have kings < 30% of the time in this spot. and we're prolly c/r'ing the turn very rarely as well.

Jamming certainly a legit option imo (not saying it's better than c/f, just that it is certainly viable). The other good reason for jamming is he thinks he wont jam JJ 100% (which is true) and we'd jam 9* even less and wouldn't c/r a naked K* on the turn so we're pretty much polarised to K9/maybe JJ and there are loads of semi-bluffs on the turn for us. So I can see a lot of people in live play getting the hero on with AA/QQ here.

Chk/calling is the only no-no here.
Some sickos have a wider betting range when checked to than a calling range in this spot; w/ exactly the hands you mentionned - AA/QQ/Jxdd.
Turning 9x into a bluff for villain would be abs wow.

Im wondering if we even have a single hand we call after we check.
Still c/f'ing although its really close with jamming agree.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »

haha yh pretty incred hand, Toby Lewis ladies and gentlemen!

Yh you're right, it does seem like it's going to be a spot where 100% of our range that checks, then folds to a bet, which obviously is very difficult for us to tackle from a strategic point of view as we give our villain the easiest bluff with every hand 9* and below (AA-QQ) as we are folding JJ/9* and everything else that isn't K*. Obviously the best way to deal with this problem is to not worry about it, as its a pretty vacuum specific spot so getting there, being confused and then not worrying too much about the decision we make is always going to be the best option!

Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 02:13:25 AM »

Seems an easy fold OTR. Not a fan of the flop, i think c/r or leading are better.

@whollyflush on twitter
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 05:14:39 AM »

Check/call turn as played.  Flop is whatever I think c/c is fine.  I think jamming this river is horrendous.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: