blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:21:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  GPS Edinburgh package SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GPS Edinburgh package SOLD OUT  (Read 5643 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 10:23:57 AM »

An aside

what is the point of winning the bounty seat if GPS are going to take 50% of any result?

All you get in exchange is to be interviewed by Marty, have a photograph and wear a polo shirt?

Seems a lot less valuable than just winning a normal satellite seat and keeping 100%?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 10:33:37 AM »

Bit of a flip-flop here.

It transpires that I never paid for the Stake, as OP said "send it nearer the time".

When I send money for Staking, I ALWAYS Post accordingly on thread, & usually send a copy of the Payment Confirmation to the seller. I did neither here, so it looks like I never paid anyway. Potential grim thwarted.

Job done, good luck Mr Jock, next case.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »

I agree. It wasn't until after I won the seat and saw the T's and C's that I went shit!

Not gonna lie I'm running pretty bad in sats on genting. I am 0/10 with two direct bubbles, Which is almost as much as a seat in itself so I decided to cut my losses and sell a % and buyin for the rest. Saw such a small field while grinding on Sunday played it and won that bounty. I bust him twice fwiw first one he rebought though Smiley

Would have still gone ahead with the arrangement had I won the seat I was actually playing for.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 01:47:14 PM »

An aside

what is the point of winning the bounty seat if GPS are going to take 50% of any result?

All you get in exchange is to be interviewed by Marty, have a photograph and wear a polo shirt?

Seems a lot less valuable than just winning a normal satellite seat and keeping 100%?

I didnt want to curb your enthusiasm but I thought exactly the same

Sounds like a bad deal to me...surely you have won a seat or you havent.......Half a seat sucks , though not uncommon to be "hidden" clauses in i poker /genting small print
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »

An aside

I didnt want to curb your enthusiasm but I thought exactly the same

Sounds like a bad deal to me...surely you have won a seat or you havent.......Half a seat sucks , though not uncommon to be "hidden" clauses in i poker /genting small print

These bounty satellites (£20 entry/£10 rebuy)  have a GTD £430 seat with a min of just 5 runners. The bounty seat is  "free extra value" for those that play.

You can/could transfer it to someone else if you want.

You can use it at any other leg ; ie the online leg.

Not only that, there are some very easy bounties coming up. Cheesy

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 04:09:50 PM »

He knocked joe out twice? So does the seat only go to the person who knocks him out after the re entry period then.

Just noticed a lot of peeps on actionjacks site are changing their usernames today. What's that all about

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »

He knocked joe out twice? So does the seat only go to the person who knocks him out after the re entry period then.

Just noticed a lot of peeps on actionjacks site are changing their usernames today. What's that all about

1) Yes 2) No idea
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 04:26:58 PM »

So why isn't Suited Jock continuing with the stake and using the bounty seat in another event?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 04:29:30 PM »

So why isn't Suited Jock continuing with the stake and using the bounty seat in another event?

Perhaps because he would not wish to travel to other events - this one is local to him, I assume.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 04:31:21 PM »

Perhaps because he would not wish to travel to other events - this one is local to him, I assume.

This and a grand total of 0 days annual leave left.

#workingmanproblems
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 04:56:41 PM »

Just thinking out loud...with the GPS there is an obvious advantage if you have the back up of a re buy in your game plan, especially as most players won't rebuy.

Maybe you could use the staking seat as the rebuy if you need it.....then there's the added sweat of will he /wont he  Smiley

Good luck anyway Suited.....see you on the Friday.
h

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 11:16:40 PM »

An aside

I have  got a couple of seats from sats
was planning on playing stoke or Sheffield and or on line
had the bounty spam and  had played one with no joy
Did not realise this small print existed  will not be playing any more of these

of to read spam to see if it is obvious

h

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 11:25:54 PM »

this was spam email think its really bad it doesnt say win 50% of a £430 BUY IN

"Joe Beevers - with a cool £430 Bounty

This week Joe "The Elegance" Beevers steps into the Bounty Hunter's sights, playing our new Sunday GPS Bounty Tournament.

Not only can you qualify for a £430 token for a GPS event of your choice, but if you knock out Joe you will also win an added value sponsored seat, which is added on top of any prize pool generated!  You could experience what it is like being a sponsored player!
Tournament Name: GPS Bounty Sat
Time: Every Sunday 6pm
Buy-in: £20+£2 with £10 R/A
This Weeks Bounty: Joe Beevers (nickname: Joe Beevers)

Last week's GPS Bounty Satellite generated 2 seats from the prize pool plus, the added value seat for LiveGrinderK when he knocked out the bounty player!"

When / if you click through for more details it does explain

"Note: The seat you are winning is a sponsored seat, therefore you will play as a sponsored player. 50% of any money you win as a sponsored player in that event will be paid back to your sponsor (Genting), but remember the Bounty seat is ADDED value, it is not being deducted from the Satellite prize pool."

think it would be better if this was contained within main email rather than a click thro
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:35:25 PM by h » Logged
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 07:29:21 AM »

An aside

This week Joe "The Elegance" Beevers steps into the Bounty Hunter's sights, playing our new Sunday GPS Bounty Tournament.

Not only can you qualify for a £430 token for a GPS event of your choice, but if you knock out Joe you will also win an added value sponsored seat, which is added on top of any prize pool generated!  You could experience what it is like being a sponsored player!

Last week's GPS Bounty Satellite generated 2 seats from the prize pool plus, the added value seat for LiveGrinderK when he knocked out the bounty player!"

"Note: The seat you are winning is a sponsored seat, therefore you will play as a sponsored player. 50% of any money you win as a sponsored player in that event will be paid back to your sponsor (Genting), but remember the Bounty seat is ADDED value, it is not being deducted from the Satellite prize pool."

think it would be better if this was contained within main email rather than a click thro

Good Post...this just shows how ambiguous  and mis leading their spam e mail was. A couple more people have since contacted me and told me they had won a seat too but were unaware of the 50% clause

The following line is pretty bad especially if you have to travel all the way to Edinburgh.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:42:41 AM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2012, 09:38:56 AM »

An aside

Good Post...this just shows how ambiguous  and mis leading their spam e mail was. A couple more people have since contacted me and told me they had won a seat too but were unaware of the 50% clause

The following line is pretty bad especially if you have to travel all the way to Edinburgh.

"A couple more people"??....there has only been two "bounty sats" so far....one of which was won by Suited Jock.

"travel all the way to Edinburgh".... as I said before you can use this £430 token for any leg including the online leg in your front room. Smiley , or even transfer it.

With a sponsored seat, there are obviously going to be some t&c to it, and all the "spam" I've seen, has these attached or linked.

At the end of the day, its  added value when playing in a satellite for at least one GTD "normal" seat.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:41:24 AM by ripple11 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: