blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:11:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Any mid stakes regs about? $22cubed range spot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any mid stakes regs about? $22cubed range spot  (Read 2004 times)
Pinchop73

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2012, 10:58:22 PM »

With the fairly tight/nitty dynamics of the game these days does anybody have an idea what this reg is more likely to have here? He's Polish, and a decent winner.

Small raise pre I know, but tikkamor1 had gone berzerk the previous few hands and I was fully expecting him to jam over the top.

***** Hand History for Game 79861553505 ***** (Poker Stars)
Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, May 03, 05:16:20 ET 2012
Table 571010534 79 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Seat 1: kogoj ( $30346.00 USD )
Seat 2: Garrincha7 ( $14257.00 USD )
Seat 3: husajn54 ( $24109.00 USD )
Seat 4: Method999 ( $3547.00 USD )
Seat 5: PietjeBel99 ( $42125.00 USD )
Seat 6: Ultraballs18 ( $33399.00 USD )
Seat 7: marynarz1980 ( $33290.00 USD )
Seat 8: tikkamor1 ( $11016.00 USD )
Seat 9: davjon ( $21635.00 USD )
kogoj posts ante of [$75.00 USD].
Garrincha7 posts ante of [$75.00 USD].
husajn54 posts ante of [$75.00 USD].
Method999 posts ante of [$75.00 USD].
PietjeBel99 posts ante of [$75.00 USD].
Ultraballs18 posts ante of [$75.00 USD].
marynarz1980 posts ante of [$75.00 USD].
tikkamor1 posts ante of [$75.00 USD].
davjon posts ante of [$75.00 USD].
Ultraballs18 posts small blind [$400.00 USD].
marynarz1980 posts big blind [$800.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Ultraballs18 [   ]
tikkamor1 calls [$800.00 USD]
davjon folds
kogoj folds
Garrincha7 folds
husajn54 folds
Method999 folds
PietjeBel99 folds
Ultraballs18 raises [$1850.00 USD]
marynarz1980 calls [$1450.00 USD]
tikkamor1 calls [$1450.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ , , ]
Ultraballs18 bets [$3570.00 USD]
marynarz1980 raises [$30965.00 USD]
tikkamor1 folds

Had around 30 hands on him at 35/26/8. Is he more likely jamming AdXd,KdXd,KQo,99,J9 on a semi bluff or is he jamming 79s,Q9s,88,TT,JJ,8Ts,TJs protecting from a flush draw? Under normal circumstances I'd take all the sets out of his range from his action pre, but with my reasoning for a small raise in mind I'm not so sure? I think it's a fairly easy fold either way, just interested in people's thoughts. Ta
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:30:40 PM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 05:28:12 PM »

dont like ti when he flats behind, cant we jsut stove this?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:03:19 PM »

Well obv stoving it is pretty pointless as we need 80% equity to call.

Just thought it was one of those situations that might warrant a HERO call sometimes ie vs a specific opponent. Thought somebody may have some decent notes on the guy and be willing to divulge his tendencies a little.

No harm in asking eh! :p

Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 05:11:25 AM »

if you make a pussy sized raise you deserve to get punished. way more pre then we can talk

Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 05:12:19 AM »

oh its not as small as first thought, should still make it at least 2600 though if hes limping in hes probably a bit of an idiot and unlikely to fold might as well print some money

LeeMcshane

The only difference between praying in a Church an

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 06:34:35 AM »

oh its not as small as first thought, should still make it at least 2600 though if hes limping in hes probably a bit of an idiot and unlikely to fold might as well print some money

+1

normally when someone limps in... I x2 the bb and add one bb onto  it so it would be no less then 2400 on this occasion normally a good rule to use. I always slightly adjust it to the villain as well but i would be going no less then 2400 all the way to 3k pre on this one.

The only difference between praying in a Church and praying at the poker table is that when you pray at the poker table you really mean it.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 12:53:03 PM »

never folding

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »

Check flop

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 01:41:58 PM »

Check flop

Lot of turn cards are either scary for us, or are action killers so are we checking for pot control or deception?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 01:53:06 PM »

Check flop

Lot of turn cards are either scary for us, or are action killers so are we checking for pot control or deception?

against a good player I'd check here a decent % of the time for balance (never cbetting AK here), pot control (we're never in great shape vs a getting it in range probably 40-60%) and deception.

Having said that, I see that the guy has limp/called meaning he's probably a fish and also probably doesn't ever have a set so I probably wouldn't check vs this guy.

Btw you say there a lots of bad turn cards, on the face of it there are, but I would only count a Q 9 A or a 7 as a bad turn card, so that's only about 30% of the deck, so it's not that bad.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »

Well obv stoving it is pretty pointless as we need 80% equity to call.

Just thought it was one of those situations that might warrant a HERO call sometimes ie vs a specific opponent. Thought somebody may have some decent notes on the guy and be willing to divulge his tendencies a little.

No harm in asking eh! :p

In cEV terms you can only ever 'need' up to 50% equity to call as you're always getting at least even money. In practice even vs massive over bets you'll almost always be getting odds to call with 45% equity. I agree this is a fold tho.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 04:01:08 PM »

Check flop

against a good player I'd check here a decent % of the time for balance (never cbetting AK here), pot control (we're never in great shape vs a getting it in range probably 40-60%) and deception.

Having said that, I see that the guy has limp/called meaning he's probably a fish and also probably doesn't ever have a set so I probably wouldn't check vs this guy.

Btw you say there a lots of bad turn cards, on the face of it there are, but I would only count a Q 9 A or a 7 as a bad turn card, so that's only about 30% of the deck, so it's not that bad.

What about the diamonds, are they not bad cards for us too?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 08:07:23 PM »

never folding

What are you going to be beating? Realistically?

In cEV terms you can only ever 'need' up to 50% equity to call as you're always getting at least even money. In practice even vs massive over bets you'll almost always be getting odds to call with 45% equity. I agree this is a fold tho.

Yeah I worded that incorrectly, I meant the pot odds which are of course only a part of calculating the equity needed.

I also agree with Al that this is a check. I would check here a lot of the time and I should have done so this time, as I hadn't thought about what I'd do if the bb jammed. I was totally concentrating on just the limper which was my fundamental mistake in this hand. Apart from not making it enough pre. Sigh

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »

Check flop

What about the diamonds, are they not bad cards for us too?

Not really, can expect people to bet flush draws a lot on the flop, particularly on this board where lots of diamond combos will have added equity of pairs or gutshots. So if it gets checked round and a diamond comes its not very likely anyone has a flush.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
PutYouOnAK/AQ

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 03:42:06 PM »

I think this is a pretty easy bet call tbh.  If he's bad enough to limp call from utg then he's bad enough to cshove any jack here.  A lot of these fishy players have no thoughts on what you have they just concentrate on their own hands and if they make a pair or not.  Tons of flush draws we're in good shape against as well i think its a huge leak if we don't call here.

Really hope its not a results orientated post and he actually has a set here but I'm still never folding.

With a limper i make it 3.3x pre every time.

Never checking back this flop vs 2 players, not because of 'scare cards' but purely because we miss value from soooooo many draws.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: