blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 08:22:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272915 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  .50/1 bvb hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: .50/1 bvb hand  (Read 1294 times)
rbolt2

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2012, 02:59:24 PM »

100 big blinds effective on pkr 0.5/1 6 max

we have no information on Villian except that he is not a multi tabling reg

Hero  is in the big blind with

small blind calls $0.5 hero checks

flop:  

Villian bets $0.5, hero raises to $2, villain raises to $8.75, hero calls

turn  

villain bets $14, hero calls

river  

Villian bets $18, hero calls,

Im mostly interested in the flop and river lines.

What do people think?
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »

4bet the flop. Jam river.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 05:03:20 PM »

He loads for a small blind?

I like how you played, not sure about 4bet flop, probably fine but depends on exact stack sizes and reads, not sure I like getting in bottom two with a stack to pot ration of 50 vs someone limping blind vs blind.

River is a jam, you beat everything, I'd expect a fish to bet bigger with houses, we have blockers to better hands. You can't afford to leave anything on the table in these spots

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »

He loads for a small blind?

I like how you played, not sure about 4bet flop, probably fine but depends on exact stack sizes and reads, not sure I like getting in bottom two with a stack to pot ration of 50 vs someone limping blind vs blind.

River is a jam, you beat everything, I'd expect a fish to bet bigger with houses, we have blockers to better hands. You can't afford to leave anything on the table in these spots

+1

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rbolt2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »

What range of hands are you putting him on on the flop, to me it is two pair+ perhaps with some random bluffs, on the flop I don't do very well against that range.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 11:15:07 PM »

Depends. Really hard to say, anything from king ten to 78. These spots are very player dependent

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 02:54:35 AM »

Calling the 3bet is fine but I quite like a small 4bet on the flop. It doesn't look as strong as flatting does so occasionally villains will 5b bluff or slam it in with 78, and the limp/betsizing clues tell me this villain prob can't fold top pair otf. If we flat he prob gives up his bluffs a lot i reckon, and we stack Kx perhaps less of the time.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 10:44:51 AM »

raise pre.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 02:54:14 PM »

raise pre.

flatting flop seems like its decent enough I guess the main problems with it are 1) you lose value often, 2) if you dont 4bet 65 you don't 4bet anything (but that is prolly less of a concern at 100nl with bigger player pool and vs a likely non regular player.

As played I'd raise the turn because the way you have played it if he checks the river to you then you will never get stacks in, raising the turn to $35~ means you'll always be in a spot to get stacks in OTR.

Pugwashed

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 11:03:43 PM »

raise pre.

flatting flop seems like its decent enough I guess the main problems with it are 1) you lose value often, 2) if you dont 4bet 65 you don't 4bet anything (but that is prolly less of a concern at 100nl with bigger player pool and vs a likely non regular player.

As played I'd raise the turn because the way you have played it if he checks the river to you then you will never get stacks in, raising the turn to $35~ means you'll always be in a spot to get stacks in OTR.

If I was going to call the flop 3b I don't think I'd ever raise the turn here. It seems like we can get stacks in vs the same parts of his value range by jamming over river bets and the times that we call the turn and don't get stacks in it seems unlikely that we'd have got stacks in by raising the turn anyway and all we've done is cost ourselves a potential river bluff from his air.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: