blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:31:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Live Cash Staking
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Cash Staking  (Read 6858 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2012, 04:36:49 PM »

Anyone who reads my diary will know that, as much as I've been beating the game, the game has been beating me. One idea I had in terms of getting back on my card-playing feet was live cash staking. I understand this is a bit of a grey area as far as backing goes, and it requires a long term commitment, also it would have to be someone that can come to the local club (Dusk Till Dawn) every so often.

Obviously I'm very flexible with arrangements, but just as a foundation deal I was thinking: 50/50 after makeup with a starting capital of 10 deep BI @ £1/2 (£4,000) assessed each calendar month. What I'm really looking for is tutoring; I could go back to winning £15/hr and tearing my hair out once a week on my own dime no problem, but with training I feel we could work out and plug some small leaks and I would be a very profitable player in those games.

Just putting it out there, I don't expect an incredible response and as stated I'm very flexible. Questions welcome.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 05:26:17 PM »

hey

generally with tutoring i think you need a coach to really look deep into your game and find thgns that are wrong that you wouldn't even think about.

How and what would you do to ensure that the mentoring helped you like it intended?

also min/max hours you'd play a week etc?

think these deals need to be SUPER clear, especially if there is going to be multiple investors

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »

Hi Sean. I'm policing OPs now. You need to post some of your results, which I seem to remember you keeping track of very closely on your diary, you should include them here. Some links to oprs+ptrs would be good if you had any, an explanation for why you don't think they're relevant is needed otherwise. GL with this.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 07:52:56 PM »

Why don't you just ask keys or Alex.  Failing that try Rastafish  Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 08:38:31 PM »

I can personally vouch for Sean, both in terms of trustworthiness and ability. He's more than capable of beating these games, as indeed has done over the past few months. He's also totally trustworthy and reliable (unless you want to meet him anywhere in which case he'll almost certainly be at least 20 minutes late).

The problems Sean has are with the mental aspect of the game, and the pressure of having a roll on the small side makes desling with variance difficult - being backed should be a great way of relieving these issues and help Sean a lot.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 08:43:41 PM »

Enter James keys everyone.. Bit friendlier this time though hey???

Cheesy gl Sean. If you ever want to chat online I'll give u my Skype and happily chat away through hands.  lil'd is always willing to listen.

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 08:56:59 PM »

if his mental side of the game the main issue how is    he gonna cope if he is in 4k worth of mu?

Just me
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 09:15:54 PM »

hey

generally with tutoring i think you need a coach to really look deep into your game and find thgns that are wrong that you wouldn't even think about.

How and what would you do to ensure that the mentoring helped you like it intended?

It would be difficult to pick up on little things without studying every hand, but I'd mark situations where I'm unsure on the best course of action, and big pots be they wins or losses. I feel like something in my default game can't be a big leak if it's not been seen to be costing me a lot of money over a period of 10 months. It would be ideal to discuss theories etc.

also min/max hours you'd play a week etc?

think these deals need to be SUPER clear, especially if there is going to be multiple investors

Ideally there would be a maximum of two investors and there would have to be a high level of trust between each. Min/max is flexible, as a default I'd say 20/40.

Hi Sean. I'm policing OPs now. You need to post some of your results, which I seem to remember you keeping track of very closely on your diary, you should include them here. Some links to oprs+ptrs would be good if you had any, an explanation for why you don't think they're relevant is needed otherwise. GL with this.

August 13th to April 7th

I didn't record my last two or three sessions which probably amount to +£100, but this graph is over 157 sessions and 846 hours. The volume to begin with was poor because I was playing at Gala where the games would not begin until around 11pm, and usually only 4 times a week, so I wouldn't be getting much more than 70 hours a month. The volume increases as I move to Dusk. The entire spreadsheet is available on request.

This is probably a bad thing to ask when asking for staking, but what is oprs and ptrs. If it's to do with online poker, basically I don't have much info as I don't have a tracker installed on my laptop. There are plenty of forum regs who I played with on a regular occasion who can act as a reference with regards to my ability and/or how trustworthy I am.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 03:14:02 AM »

Hi Sean Smiley

As a person for reliability and as someone who could win at poker you are an ideal horse, could barely think of anyone better, however, I think getitng backed for live cash is not a good idea for you right now.

I think you hide behind the "mental struggles" thing a bit too much, the problems you are having are not unique, they are extremely common but the problem is the people around you, Keys/Kieth/Mitch etc don't feel them as much because they have been gambling for decent chunks of money for a long time (Alex is a slight exception to the rule but he has had a little bit of good fortune in over-coming certain problematic aspects at the start of his career) the way to overcome this is simply to play. James Keys said something brilliant on Alex's diary..."Being rolled for the stakes doesn't make you able to handle the swings" and he is right, experience and development of your complete poker game is what does that - not just learning what to 3b/5b and what to flat etc. I think that you are taking a little longer than some to really nurture this side of your game and instead of accepting that it's pretty natural you're making it into a big deal (it isn't)

A backing deal is, imo a very bad move for you, develop and work on the mental/focus side of your game and slowly and surely you will dominate on your own money and life will be good, asking someone else to saddle the financial risks of your poor mindset is not the way to go, I don't think it's ideal for a backer and I think when you get into £2,800 worth of make up you'll absolutely lose your brain

You're a very smart guy, you're good at poker and you're constantly improving, you need to play some more, gain more experience and progress the natural way - far too many people want to be crushing every stake within the first 18months of playing but it just isnt how it works, it takes a good while to be winning at poker and you just aren't there yet completely, and you shouldn't be quite yet either. I have complete faith that you will be and are capable.

Hope this doesn't de-rail the thread, or seem harsh but trust me, you'll get there - give it time.

David

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 03:20:15 AM »

Shouldve posted this on his diary Dave, now he'll never get staked.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 03:36:15 AM »

if you need coaching hire a coach, don't get backed

JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 05:25:58 AM »

I dont want to kick you while you're down mate, but I also want to give you my 2 cents as Iv known you probably the longest on here.

Whats been said about your game is all true. You are a good player, with the capability to be very good. From the times we played while you were playing for a living, compared to the times at Gala in the old days, you have improved IMMENSELY.

You know your fault, its been said a million times. The time your game goes downhill is when you lose your head. That comes around so so much less than it did in the old days, but it still comes. This isnt something coaching can fix. As Dave pointed out, its experience. Some people get it quick, some people don't. It's not even like its tilt (well it is, but not like everyone else tilts). You just seem to fly off the handle in your own head about something and it blocks your mindset.

As Dave also said, what happens if you're £5k in makeup? I know you'll feel worse about that than being -£5k on your own money. It will not help you getting backed. There as SO MANY great players on this forum, all who are willing and want to help you. Everyone on here wants to see you crushing. Use these resources! This forum is like no other in that people will take so much time into helping. There's people that will do sweat sessions online with you, sit and go through HHs for ages and give you every bit of input they can. This will help with the problems you may find in your own game. Everything else is in your head.

I hope you dont feel like we're trying to ruin your chances of getting a deal from this. We're just trying to give you the best advice we can. I hope to hell something comes from this mate, I really do, but whats been said needed to be said.

You're a ridiculously smart guy Sean, use that noggin of yours and get round the issues you have and we can really see you shine.

xxx

(fs, short of lilD by 100 words. Too good sir)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:04:46 AM by JK » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 09:22:43 AM »

Shouldve posted this on his diary Dave, now he'll never get staked.

Sorry if I ruin it for you Sean, I hope you know I have only the very best intentions xx

Also lets not forget there is a high chance of me being completely wrong, this happens frequently as most people will vouch.
(p.s will send that £30 I owe you as well!!!)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:25:42 AM by SuuPRlim » Logged

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 10:06:18 AM »

Agree with Alex it should've gone on diary, but it is still valid. And like I said above Sean, Dave has been a suprisingly available and chatty resource for me so far. 

Tbh my Two Clubs is to get ONLINE and get hands in, i know I've improved 10x over the last few months n played about 50k online, its not a lot when a mate of mine is putting in 275k/ month. Cheesy

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 11:11:12 AM »

a mate of mine is putting in 275k/ month. Cheesy

fuck his entire life I think i'd rather swallow a hedgehog.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: