blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:01:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  stato_1 WSOP Main Event shares - SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: stato_1 WSOP Main Event shares - SOLD OUT  (Read 7057 times)
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2012, 05:32:42 AM »

Will recount as accurately as I can remember. Don't really think anything is too awful. Maybe bust out hand is a bit unnecessary but you be the judge.

50/100

Hand 1: (literally first hand of tournament)
UTG opens 250, i flat MP AcJc. 3 other calls. Flop Tc5c3c

UTG bets 700 i raise to 1650 he folds. up to 32k

Then..

Splashy guy who I've already seen cold call a 3bet from the sb with J9s opens CO to 300. Flat KJo on btn, blinds fold. Flop KQ8, he bets 400 i call. Turn 9 ch/ch river A he bets 700 i call and lose to A8o.

Hover around starting stack for a while then:

Boba Fett opens UTG to 225, 3 calls, i call JdTd on btn (or CO but was definitely IP). Flop KcQd7d. Boba bets 650, 2 calls, I raise to 3150. (could probably call here but think this makes the hand easier to play for me, and also makes it very hard for anyone else to continue with 1pr/less, which both the callers are capped at. Boba calls all others fold.

Turn 2 o/s ch/ch

River 5 o/s ch/ch lose to AKdd

Down to 26k on first break.

100/200

Lose couple of pretty small pots, one where I 3bet AK from sb comes T87cc i have no clubs and check fold. Couple of raise/cbet/give-ups. Down to 22k then:

Aforementioned splashy guy opens to 525 in MP. I 3bet AhQh to 1400 in HJ. Massively tilted fish cold calls from 8k on BTN, raiser calls. Flop KxJx4h, check i bet 1600, fish calls, MP overcalls. Was probably done with it but turn is . Fish has 4875 behind but will still fold a J imo if he has one from what I've seen so far. Not folding a K but I have a bunch of equity anyway, and there's a lot in the pot, also if I barrel it will look v.strong to splashy guy. Decide to bet 3800, fish insta moves in, other guy tank overcalls the 4875, I call. River two spades, MP leads for 9k I fold. Fish shows 44 and is good, other guy claims KJ.

Couple hands later open AA all fold.

14,600 on break 2.

150/300

Fish is now up to 20k and limps UTG, splashy Australian guy who has played OK so far overlimps MP. I raise to 1450 with AhQs. Fish calls, MP folds. Flop Ax5h2h ch/ch. Turn , I lead 1200 he raises to 3k I call. River ch/ch. AQ good. Up to 18k

Very next hand, iso KJ in CO, 3 calls inc blinds. Flop 333. ch/ch/ch I bet 1100, bb raises to 3k. He has been very tight to this point pre so my thinking is he never has a 3. If I call here it looks quite strong and also if he has 44-TT then I have 6 outs to what is 99% going to be the best hand, and some other ways to win the pot. In reality should probably just say sigh/whatever and just fold here in this tournament, but I called. Turn . He checks, as I am thinking and shuffling chips, he grabs his 5k chips and starts shuffling them in front of his stack. This now pretty much confirms to mehe has a pair below an Ace. I bet 3500 to set up a river shove I thought would be the most likely amount to make him fold river. River is he checks I move all in and he snaps with QQ. Think I should probably just fold flop but once I have was pretty confident that my read on his hnad was right (it sort of was, but expected him to 3bet that pre), and if he'd shown me QQ I would still have expected him to fold it. Guess I just got it wrong.

Really wasn't expecting to bust this early/in this way. Not exactly known for my multi-street bluffs but more for my nittiness! On all my own money I would have likely played this hand exactly the same, even during the hand I did consider that I didn't really want to come back and say that I bluffed my stack off, but thought it would be bad to play anyway other than how I thought was correct at the time. Sorry I couldn't provide you with a return for your money, hope that you have some other sweats which give you a better run than I did.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2012, 05:40:18 AM »

Sorry I couldn't provide you with a return for your money

Unlucky, but we don't do "sorry", it's not needed.

Next time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2012, 07:05:52 AM »

Yeah - what Tikay said. Your time will come, no doubt - book me 2.5% for next year Wink

Enjoy time left
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: