blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:38:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  WSOP $10k Heads Up (Sold Out)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP $10k Heads Up (Sold Out)  (Read 21431 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2012, 12:19:54 PM »

Sup blondeland,

I'm selling for the WSOP $10k Heads Up event. As most of you know HUsngs are pretty much all I play online outside WCOOP/SCOOP etc. I sit the $200, $350 and $500 buyin levels and am a well respected reg on the network.

Why do I think that selling at 1.18 is good value for investors?

The Field

This event was a $25k last year and it sold out getting 256 runners so I think its reasonable to expect that this event will fill to the cap of 512 players given that this year online poker isn't still reeling from Black Friday and general liquidity in the poker economy is more favourable than it was. I think the field can be broken down into a few main groups.

High stakes MTT players - I think these will make up the majority of the field and a ton of high stakes MTTers are going to flick in for this event because its so early in the series and the Player of the Year race is consequently wide open. These population tendency of these players is to have massive fancy play syndrome and just generally try and barrel their way to victory. Obviously this isn't the case for all of them and there are some legit sickos that I would for sure be an underdog against but I play against over-aggro styles at these stack depths every day. Given than these players will make up most of the field and I rate to be a small winner against the vast majority of them, I think that 1.18 markup is justified.

High stakes heads up cash players - The structure of the event is reasonably shallow as explained bellow which really favours the SNG players. I've played over 200k hands this year of 75bb or less HUNL and have spent a lot of time working on my <25bb game too which I think gives me enough of an edge at 1.18 given that they will make up a resonable %age of the field.

'Name' pros - Sponsored pros and guys that have had media exposure I'd expect to be out in force for this event since its considered a reasonably prestigious one on the schedule. I've just got so much more experience in this format than almost all of these players and am therefore good value at 1.18 imo.

High stakes HUSNG players - These are the guys that I rate to be an underdog against but I talk to most of the $1k+ HUSNG regs on stars in a group chat every day, I know who they are and most of them are not playing this event. It makes no sense for them to travel to Vegas where they can't play online to play one event. For the most part that have no interest at all in playing the other formats and are staying away until the main. This won't be the case for all of them but I think that they will make up such a small %age of the field that being an underdog to them does not have a significantly negative impact on the value of this event at 1.18 to make it a bad investment.

Fish - Fish are fish and they do exist even at the highest levels. Its not uncommon to see people ping big MTT scores and do the money off playing high stakes HUsngs. The absolute lovers of the game will be in Vegas and if you've got money to burn, why not flick it in for the 10k heads up? Obviously going to be a very small %age of the field but the fact that its possible to draw an opponent that you're going to have a 60% or maybe even higher winrate against is a pretty big positive imo.

The Structure

I think the structure of this tournament really suits my HUsng experience, you get 3x 10k chip bullets (or 30k to start, strategy is opponent dependant) starting at 100/200 so most of the play will be at stack depths that I'm more than comfortable with as HUsngs start 75bbs deep.

My Experience

I have produced a guest coach video for the biggest heads up SNG training site (husng.com) under my ipoker name CaptainCalldown1 which was well received. I have attended boot camps run by Pistons87 (5k husng reg and 10k WCOOP hu winner) and HokieGreg (big winner on stars pre black friday and merge currently) who are both very well respected HUsng players and have been winning at the highest stakes games for a long time. I have also had 1-on-1 coaching with both of these players which has improved the quality of my thought processes immensely and this has shown especially this year. My winrate right now at HUsngs is the highest it has ever been. I've also won a 1k heads up UKIPT side event for what its worth, but it only had 8 runners Cheesy

I fly to Vegas on the 30th so will have plenty of time to adjust sleeping patterns etc. before the event to be fresh on the 5th and will definitely be playing the event regardless of how much sells.

Payment accepted by Stars, bank transfer or cash in vegas if you are there before the event. I'll PM bank details to buyers.

Selling 75% at 1.18 locked to todays XE rate of 0.636

1% = $118/£75.05
2% = $236/£150.10
5% = $590/£350.25

Thanks for reading, gl us!

Flame away

The Team

pleno1 - 4% PAID
Tikay - 2% PAID
Titty - 2% PAID
scotty77 - 2% PAID
bobby1 - 4% PAID
geordieneil - 2% PAID

LFmagic - 2% PAID
TonyJ - 2% PAID
Ben Martin - 5% (cash in vegas)
Paul Jackson 5% PAID
sanderzbaby01 - 2% PAID
Julian Thew - 2% PAID
lildave - 5% PAID
MC - 1% PAID

The Camel - 1% PAID
Fraser - 10% PAID
Junior - 1% PAID
Guy - 2% PAID
Gakn29 - 2% PAID
David L'Honore - 1% (Cash In Vegas)
F3nix35 - 2% PAID
Nirvana - 1.5% PAID
The Baron - 1% PAID

Alverton - 1% PAID
Ceri Rees - 2% PAID
pokerfan 1% PAID

Dave Burn - 8.5% (Cash In Vegas)
Tom Moitie - 1%

SOLD OUT
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:03:32 PM by DMorgan » Logged

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 12:24:15 PM »

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 12:25:02 PM »

booked

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »

Do you play HU SNGs on Stars?

If so, username?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »

I don't play on stars and my ipoker username is CaptainCalldown1 but its blocked - will upload HEM graph for the year to date

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 12:46:26 PM »

2% please Dan.

Will need your Bank Details, please. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 12:47:51 PM »

I am interested in a buying a piece but I do think 1.18 is a pretty high mark up for this event.

Although there are definitely some weak spots, there is also every top HU player in the world.

If it was part of a package, maybe you could justify it.

As it is, think 1.18 is just too high.

GL though.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 12:49:58 PM »

HEM graph:

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7193/49795149.png
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:52:18 PM by DMorgan » Logged

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 12:58:25 PM »

2 percentiles please.

cash in vegas to be added/subtracted from any slate still running.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 01:09:37 PM »

I am interested in a buying a piece but I do think 1.18 is a pretty high mark up for this event.

Although there are definitely some weak spots, there is also every top HU player in the world.

GL though.

Thats fair enough - of course I agree that it isn't the big value that some of the other vegas sales have been. I obviously don't expect Flushy/Keys etc. to come and 'rest' it and that is part of the reason why the published numbers don't go above 5%. Its much closer to a 'bit of a spin' than other possible investments but I do have extensive experience in an almost identical format.

I've been toying with the idea of playing since the WSOP schedule was released and I asked a few people for their opinions on the proposal before I posted it and had good feedback so decided to go ahead and post it. It is the only tournament that I'm going to be playing this year outside the main and I'm absolutely psyched for it now that I'm definitely playing. If it doesn't sell out then so be it, I'll take the rest of the action on my own.

We've had a few gripes over the last week but I'm sure we'll run into each other in Vegas and I hope we manage to get some pints in at some point. If the HU sng community ever got wind that I had beef with The Camel I might be in big trouble Wink

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 01:10:53 PM »

2 percentiles please.

cash in vegas to be added/subtracted from any slate still running.

booked, cash in vegas is good. Shockingly, there is no slate!

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 01:22:29 PM »

GL though.

Thats fair enough - of course I agree that it isn't the big value that some of the other vegas sales have been. I obviously don't expect Flushy/Keys etc. to come and 'rest' it and that is part of the reason why the published numbers don't go above 5%. Its much closer to a 'bit of a spin' than other possible investments but I do have extensive experience in an almost identical format.

I've been toying with the idea of playing since the WSOP schedule was released and I asked a few people for their opinions on the proposal before I posted it and had good feedback so decided to go ahead and post it. It is the only tournament that I'm going to be playing this year outside the main and I'm absolutely psyched for it now that I'm definitely playing. If it doesn't sell out then so be it, I'll take the rest of the action on my own.

We've had a few gripes over the last week but I'm sure we'll run into each other in Vegas and I hope we manage to get some pints in at some point. If the HU sng community ever got wind that I had beef with The Camel I might be in big trouble Wink

If you put this in a package with the WSOP Main Event @ 1.18 I bet you'll snap sell out Wink

I hope you and the other people I had disagreements with (Keys, Dave and most especially Bram) realise it was absolutely nothing personal. I was talking purely from a business point of view.

I like buying action, especially in tournaments I am not going to be play, but I wouldn't buy action in a package with that caveat. So I was trying to persuade future horses not to include it! Smiley

It all got a bit personal and nasty and that was a shame. Discussions like that should always be businesslike and then everyone gains from them.

Good luck in Vegas and I'm looking forward to that drink already!

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 01:23:11 PM »

2pc please.  stars?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »

booked and Stars is fine, Raziel2689. Avatar of a llama eating a child.

Actually its a camel eating a child, a picture that was stolen from Tom's thread of amusing images but now that we've made up I don't want to post on a public forum that I have a picture of The Camel eating a child Cheesy

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 01:33:57 PM »

I didn't think we had a disagreement Keith. We had different opinions which we stated and that was that as far as I recall. Other people 'had a disagreement' with me, but we're ok...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: