blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:14:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD £500 Deepstack: £500,000 Guaranteed: blonde sweats
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £500 Deepstack: £500,000 Guaranteed: blonde sweats  (Read 45529 times)
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2012, 10:17:52 AM »

I understand that is the case yes, though further details have to be released

I am told 50,000 starting chips, WSOP Main blinds structure 45 min clock Days 1 and 2, hour clock day 3 (for the final, basically)

Looks like it will be a stunning comp.

looks good to me

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2012, 10:20:35 AM »

In relation to the re-entrees, payouts ect. Sorry if it is long!

Firstly, Re-entry on the same day I reckon is a must. Especially the guys within the 1-3 hour travel bracket, which I'm guessing is 60% of the field.
After busting first bullet, sometimes you just cannot be arsed to drive back the next day or spend money on petrol, hotels etc (see my second point below). But, having the reentry will put more money in the prizepool! Increased numbers and bigger pots as the online qualifiers, distant travellers and others, are more willing build a pot to get it in with a sicko draw, rather than hit first then ship. If they can use a second bullet, they sigh..have a ciggy, sigh again and buy in again.

Secondly, I know its better marketing wise to see £200k/£300k top prize and make the headlines.
But from a customer point of view, for tournaments that are 2-5 days, making only 1.2 on investment is sometimes disappointing. Only as it doesn't cover expenses - Petrol, Hotels, Food, Drinks, and occasional spews on roulette or that stupid Pharaohs Fortune!

People nit up stupidly and ruins the play and momentum of the tournament.. look I know this payment structure is pretty standard across the European board, but this is why play is so slow pre and post bubble. People want to make there money back. For a £500 buy in, I don't see a problem with min cash being £900-£1000. Just chop it off the top. This is general feedback from a majority of non-regular players I have asked. YES, I know the bubble and play before will last longer, but the better players left will take advantage of it, leaving the nitty guys less space later on in the torney. It would give more play from 2 tables to the final. No 3BigBlind limp/fold player on the final and no guy with 9bigs set mining with deuces, who wants to bag his £900 jump up.

+1 to this

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 02:26:47 PM »

One re-entry on same day works okay and cuts everyones cost.

I would re-enter same day but would not bother travelling back to re-enter,  play next day.

Why do you have to wait 24 hours to re-enter? not worth the hassle to me. let me re-enter whilst i am already there.

luckyblind

Why did I call myself lucky?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »

Hoping my schedule stays clear so I can play this but would agree with others about having re-entry same day. I am not likely to travel back up the next day for a re-entry but if I bust during late entry period I would re-enter same day.

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

Great Structures, Fantastic Venues, Affordable entry fees.

PM for more info.
PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2012, 07:10:51 AM »

Definately worth coming out of hiding to play this one Smiley

Could definately use a concrete decision in the semi near future about re-entry though as it will affect how much I may or may not want to sell.
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2012, 10:31:27 PM »

In relation to the re-entrees, payouts ect. Sorry if it is long!

Firstly, Re-entry on the same day I reckon is a must. Especially the guys within the 1-3 hour travel bracket, which I'm guessing is 60% of the field.
After busting first bullet, sometimes you just cannot be arsed to drive back the next day or spend money on petrol, hotels etc (see my second point below). But, having the reentry will put more money in the prizepool! Increased numbers and bigger pots as the online qualifiers, distant travellers and others, are more willing build a pot to get it in with a sicko draw, rather than hit first then ship. If they can use a second bullet, they sigh..have a ciggy, sigh again and buy in again.

Secondly, I know its better marketing wise to see £200k/£300k top prize and make the headlines.
But from a customer point of view, for tournaments that are 2-5 days, making only 1.2 on investment is sometimes disappointing. Only as it doesn't cover expenses - Petrol, Hotels, Food, Drinks, and occasional spews on roulette or that stupid Pharaohs Fortune!

People nit up stupidly and ruins the play and momentum of the tournament.. look I know this payment structure is pretty standard across the European board, but this is why play is so slow pre and post bubble. People want to make there money back. For a £500 buy in, I don't see a problem with min cash being £900-£1000. Just chop it off the top. This is general feedback from a majority of non-regular players I have asked. YES, I know the bubble and play before will last longer, but the better players left will take advantage of it, leaving the nitty guys less space later on in the torney. It would give more play from 2 tables to the final. No 3BigBlind limp/fold player on the final and no guy with 9bigs set mining with deuces, who wants to bag his £900 jump up.

Honestly, I am not fused either way. I will adhere to any changes DTD make. But generally, the Non-Regs (unqiue hits) are dropping, causing the total numbers to drop and guarantees to drop and still not be hit. There isn't much money about. It just shows with the tournaments at the moment; £20 comps getting more runners than a super £50. Super £50 sometimes getting more than a £150 DS etc.

Its about general value. And lately, people just don't wona put up the dollar.

I agree with above points regarding payouts

DTD keep changing the structures, the buy ins, the clocks almost weekly but they stick to a distorted payout structure which offers very poor value for all but the top few places. If they want to maintain the numbers they must review this imo.

I do like the 50k starting stack and 45/60min clock for the £500 though.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:36:05 PM by Gemini King » Logged
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »

Hi Guys

The time has come...

Direct buy in is now available for our HALF A MILLION £££ GTD £500 Deepstack 30th August - 3rd September.

You can be the first to buy your seat online - http://www.dtdshop.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=17&vmcchk=1

Full details - http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/dusk-till-dawns-500-deepstack--megasized-to-500000-gte/2242

I am aiming for 2 buy in's by the end of today....

Cheers Nicola Smiley

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2012, 10:06:59 PM »

Hi Guys

The time has come...

Direct buy in is now available for our HALF A MILLION £££ GTD £500 Deepstack 30th August - 3rd September.

You can be the first to buy your seat online - http://www.dtdshop.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=17&vmcchk=1

Full details - http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/dusk-till-dawns-500-deepstack--megasized-to-500000-gte/2242

Cheers Nicola Smiley

When are sat plans going to be realesed?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2012, 10:58:35 PM »

reg fee?
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2012, 11:03:42 PM »

reg fee?

im assuming 10% of the prize pool as a guess as it doesent say anywere £500+50/60 etc

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2012, 11:09:21 PM »

reg fee?

im assuming 10% of the prize pool as a guess as it doesent say anywere £500+50/60 etc

Yup, my thoughts.

But with 1000 people possible, would have thought they would want maximum exposure with regards to reg fee. It is capped at 1k, so erm, they can't take 10% out?
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »

Hi Guys

The time has come...

Cheers Nicola Smiley

When are sat plans going to be realesed?
Hey

Satellites will be announced very soon Smiley

Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2012, 12:16:39 PM »

reg fee?
Hey

It's £500 + £60 Smiley

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 12:22:52 PM »

sigh.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2012, 01:14:46 PM »

what did you think it would be?
The switch back to Reg Fees was announced ages ago - pretty sure the WWSOP weekend was the same price.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: