blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:40:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Andrew Feldman
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Andrew Feldman  (Read 101493 times)
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2012, 09:56:21 AM »

That said if someone wanted to be a d*** about it and ring a Daily Mail/Sun/Star reporter and say 'this guy who is on secret millionaire in a few weeks is accused of nicking €25k off his mate' they might run a small story on it. Especially if you point out he's a reformed gambling addict (see previous TV appearance). Story has legs for sure. But you will need to point them at it and do all the hard work for them.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2012, 09:57:25 AM »

yeah, you're right this isn't bad for poker at all is it, myself and others in the UK spend our energy trying to make poker and gambling a more accessible and honest thing in the public eye and a story printed in a mainstream media source telling the story of one poker pro cheating another comes out, if anything that's a great thing for us all - prolly off the back of this loads of new people will start playing poker without a worry...

Maybe you're right, maybe I do need to get a grip.

I mean seriously? No offence at all you've conducted yourself perfectly and made your points really well so don't mean any offence at all - I'm not one for calling people out or arguing in public but some of the stuff you've said in this thread is kind of ridiculous.

Dave is obviously right here in the sense that a story about high-profile pros cheating each other and getting into a slanging match can only reflect badly on the wider game.

But I seriously doubt anyone outside the inner circle of poker gives two flying f***s about this. And if you think the mainstream media even has this on their radar you are out of your mind. They barely noticed the UB scandal.

This is what it is. An argument between two pros that is attracting a lot of public attention because it's a bit of drama and Feldman is a pantomime villain. It's significance to poker's wider image is pretty much nil.

IMHO

Pretty much this

The only possible curve ball is that Feldman is about to appear on the Secret Millionaire, and on a slow news day a tabloid could go with a "Secret millionaire in poker theft scandal" story. It would of course be chip paper the following day (Lol, I guess that reference is me showing my age) and quickly forgotten about.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2012, 10:00:42 AM »

And am I right in thinking a certain mr '---' was talked into giving an unauthorised 10k without Andrews permission?

So not as some people start spouting, as clear as a man stealing 25k off another man?

I've never said who was right or wrong, it's clearly an issue to be resolved between
 Two men without random people slagging individuals off without knowing a single fact.

There is a dispute of which i am not, or any busy Internet trolls, party to, so have no idea of who is right or wrong,
But I do know, no individual has gone and stole a penny off another man as reported initially!

Very very surprised how it's escalated with rumours and threats from people, girlfriends, friends, whoever, Because this is a business agreement that has gone wrong and needs to be sorted out! No different than business issues that go on every single day 100x bigger than this!

And those people that say its bad for the poker community and looks bad on poker etc etc, get a grip, its nothing to do with 'poker' , it's a business arrangement gone wrong at some point and should be sorted out away from the public eye with these idiots chucking their 2 pence in knowing nothing (that's my issue - Dubai clearly you are in the know, not aimed at you at all) just those people who like to chuck a comment in because they know a mate who knows a mate etc!
I have to say I put a lot down to jealousy!
The end!

i agree with this

maybe you need to get a grip???

maybe youre the idiot chucking in a 2 pence with knowing nothing???

Dont be so brash,

Of course It has EVERYTHING to do with poker.

Are you not on a poker forum talking about it?!?!

If it was a business arrangment between two people we wouldnt know about it, they wouldnt be putting it all over twitter and this discussion wouldnt exist.

The fact that sam and andrew have been so public about it says everything it needs to. If you go on there twitter, facebook or website the first thing you see is 'proffesional poker player'.

Sams actually says something along the lines of 'the most succesful british tournament player in history'.

How can something so public not be presented to the media as the face of poker???

Regardless of the facts, you have two very public figures seen regularly in the media.

In my eyes. Asking to borrow money and then refusing to pay it back is theft.

Poker has a very bad rep and it needs all the help it can get.

Tikay for main event might be a start!
I think you really need to get a grip. Have you know sense of pride and passion. Your performance for England so far have been diabolical. Either pull your socks up or tell Roy to let the Ox have your place.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2012, 10:03:47 AM »

Problem with talking about this story is basically that everyone in poker seems to dislike and mistrust Feldman but likes and trusts Trickett.

Hence virtually everyone is going to take Sam's side without knowing the full facts.

In my experience, when there is a dispute like this, there is usually two sides to the story with a certain amount of right and wrong on both sides.

I just don't believe it's as cut and dried as has been portrayed.

While I'm no fan of Andrew Feldman, I wouldn't convict him until the full story of what happened has emerged.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2012, 10:11:25 AM »

Problem with talking about this story is basically that everyone in poker seems to dislike and mistrust Feldman but likes and trusts Trickett.

Hence virtually everyone is going to take Sam's side without knowing the full facts.

In my experience, when there is a dispute like this, there is usually two sides to the story with a certain amount of right and wrong on both sides.

While I'm no fan of Andrew Feldman, I wouldn't convict him until the full story of what happened has emerged.

This is such a good point. When you are younger everything is so black and white. As you get older you realise everything is in shades of grey.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2012, 10:13:12 AM »

This is such a good point. When you are younger everything is so black and white. As you get older you realise everything is in shades of grey.

Especially your Y-fronts.

The older I get, the better I was.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »

And then shades of yellow as you get older still...
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2012, 10:16:51 AM »

Baggy elastic on one leg because you can't be arsed to use the little flap....

The older I get, the better I was.
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2012, 10:38:56 AM »

^^ lol
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2012, 10:45:42 AM »

Totally agree with this post. Feldman seems like a tool and I've heard all sorts of tales about him doing stuff, but also heard a similar tale about Trickett some years ago.  I'm guessing there's only two people who know exactly what's going on, and have felt all along this isn't a straightforward story.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
parker

DESPERATELY seeking rungoodaments

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2012, 11:04:13 AM »

And am I right in thinking a certain mr '---' was talked into giving an unauthorised 10k without Andrews permission?

So not as some people start spouting, as clear as a man stealing 25k off another man?

I've never said who was right or wrong, it's clearly an issue to be resolved between
 Two men without random people slagging individuals off without knowing a single fact.

There is a dispute of which i am not, or any busy Internet trolls, party to, so have no idea of who is right or wrong,
But I do know, no individual has gone and stole a penny off another man as reported initially!

Very very surprised how it's escalated with rumours and threats from people, girlfriends, friends, whoever, Because this is a business agreement that has gone wrong and needs to be sorted out! No different than business issues that go on every single day 100x bigger than this!

And those people that say its bad for the poker community and looks bad on poker etc etc, get a grip, its nothing to do with 'poker' , it's a business arrangement gone wrong at some point and should be sorted out away from the public eye with these idiots chucking their 2 pence in knowing nothing (that's my issue - Dubai clearly you are in the know, not aimed at you at all) just those people who like to chuck a comment in because they know a mate who knows a mate etc!
The end!

i agree with this

Dont be so brash,

If it was a business arrangment between two people we wouldnt know about it, they wouldnt be putting it all over twitter and this discussion wouldnt exist.

The fact that sam and andrew have been so public about it says everything it needs to. If you go on there twitter, facebook or website the first thing you see is 'proffesional poker player'.

Sams actually says something along the lines of 'the most succesful british tournament player in history'.

How can something so public not be presented to the media as the face of poker???

Regardless of the facts, you have two very public figures seen regularly in the media.

I think you really need to get a grip. Have you know sense of pride and passion. Your performance for England so far have been diabolical. Either pull your socks up or tell Roy to let the Ox have your place.

june 19th. took one in the face for queen and country. true story

wiiiiii twin turbo'd
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2012, 11:06:32 AM »

The end!

i agree with this

Dont be so brash,

june 19th. took one in the face for queen and country. true story
Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2012, 11:12:35 AM »

What happened then?
parker

DESPERATELY seeking rungoodaments

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2012, 11:16:56 AM »

What happened then?

was a beast of a cross... they probably wouldve scored so i did the only thing i could think of and put my face in the way. knocked me to the floor... nearly knocked me out.... half the crowd went ooooooooooooooo.

was a few minutes before i could see again!

wiiiiii twin turbo'd
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2012, 11:35:59 AM »

yeah, you're right this isn't bad for poker at all is it, myself and others in the UK spend our energy trying to make poker and gambling a more accessible and honest thing in the public eye and a story printed in a mainstream media source telling the story of one poker pro cheating another comes out, if anything that's a great thing for us all - prolly off the back of this loads of new people will start playing poker without a worry...

Maybe you're right, maybe I do need to get a grip.

I mean seriously? No offence at all you've conducted yourself perfectly and made your points really well so don't mean any offence at all - I'm not one for calling people out or arguing in public but some of the stuff you've said in this thread is kind of ridiculous.

Dave is obviously right here in the sense that a story about high-profile pros cheating each other and getting into a slanging match can only reflect badly on the wider game.

But I seriously doubt anyone outside the inner circle of poker gives two flying f***s about this. And if you think the mainstream media even has this on their radar you are out of your mind. They barely noticed the UB scandal.This is what it is. An argument between two pros that is attracting a lot of public attention because it's a bit of drama and Feldman is a pantomime villain. It's significance to poker's wider image is pretty much nil.

IMHO

absolutely

@whollyflush on twitter
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: