blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:31:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273127 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Andrew Feldman
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Andrew Feldman  (Read 101516 times)
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »

Its often easy to make judgements about people after watching short clips on youtube and reading twitter/forum posts. Like everyone else, I always viewed Feldman in a negative light from what I had viewed online. One of my friends hates the guy even though he has never met him or knows him personally rather than what poker TV shows want us to see. He even thinks Feldman set up the Channel four millionaire show purely to help change our perception of him and paid the makers for the privilege.

If I didn't know anything about Feldman and was watching "Secret Millionaire" as a casual viewer rather than a poker fan, I would come away with the opinion that he seemed to be a decent guy who is perhaps a little bit fragile mentally. It is often easy to form an opinion about someone and continue to hold those beliefs even after that person is shown in another setting because it is hard to change our original opinion.  

Who knows if Feldman is a thief, liar, scumbag. Everyone has their own views on this.  All I know is the Feldman I watched in the "secret Millionaire" wasn't faking it and seemed like a decent guy .  I never for a second thought I would ever think that.  Earlier this week I told my non poker friends and workmates how hated and untrusted the guy was when we were talking about the upcoming episode. I am not a fan of his antics on poker shows, but in real life as shown in the show, he seemed ok.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2012, 11:46:27 PM »

Its often easy to make judgements about people after watching short clips on youtube and reading twitter/forum posts. Like everyone else, I always viewed Feldman in a negative light from what I had viewed online. One of my friends hates the guy even though he has never met him or knows him personally rather than what poker TV shows want us to see. He even thinks Feldman set up the Channel four millionaire show purely to help change our perception of him and paid the makers for the privilege.

If I didn't know anything about Feldman and was watching "Secret Millionaire" as a casual viewer rather than a poker fan, I would come away with the opinion that he seemed to be a decent guy who is perhaps a little bit fragile mentally. It is often easy to form an opinion about someone and continue to hold those beliefs even after that person is shown in another setting because it is hard to change our original opinion.  

Who knows if Feldman is a thief, liar, scumbag. Everyone has their own views on this.  All I know is the Feldman I watched in the "secret Millionaire" wasn't faking it and seemed like a decent guy .  I never for a second thought I would ever think that.  Earlier this week I told my non poker friends and workmates how hated and untrusted the guy was when we were talking about the upcoming episode. I am not a fan of his antics on poker shows, but in real life as shown in the show, he seemed ok.

Sark!

The original Blondepoker hero.

Hope you are well sir, long time no post.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2012, 11:53:54 PM »

I am doing well mate, I hope you are keeping well too  Smiley
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2012, 11:55:57 PM »

Can someone just put a list up of things Feldman has supposed to have done please?

I've heard bits and bobs about him coaching someone whilst actually being the opponent of the person he was coaching. Other than that I know fk all other than he is a 'scumbag', which is a bit vague   

Sam is a good lad as far as I'm concerned, but I've even heard about some disagreements he had after winning some $$$ and %'s etc, and no I won't divulge further on that as I don't know if its true.

This is the problem, so much rumour about stuff, who knows what the truth is? 
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 26, 2012, 12:09:41 AM »

Can someone just put a list up of things Feldman has supposed to have done please?

I've heard bits and bobs about him coaching someone whilst actually being the opponent of the person he was coaching. Other than that I know fk all other than he is a 'scumbag', which is a bit vague   

Sam is a good lad as far as I'm concerned, but I've even heard about some disagreements he had after winning some $$$ and %'s etc, and no I won't divulge further on that as I don't know if its true.

Woodsey, not having a go here at all, but in one breath u ask for people to list all he has done, but refuse to post the stuff about Sam (which I dont blame you either) but hard to ask for  anyone else to. Thing is, I actually dont believe people can list it, as its prob a load of rumours they've heard off xx mate etc!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 26, 2012, 12:12:15 AM »

Woodsey, not having a go here at all, but in one breath u ask for people to list all he has done, but refuse to post the stuff about Sam (which I dont blame you either) but hard to ask for  anyone else to. Thing is, I actually dont believe people can list it, as its prob a load of rumours they've heard off xx mate etc!

This is my problem tbh, its just all rumour.

Don't know why I'm even sticking my nose in tbh, must be the bottle of wine lol.  Cheesy
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 26, 2012, 12:32:43 AM »

Woodsey, not having a go here at all, but in one breath u ask for people to list all he has done, but refuse to post the stuff about Sam (which I dont blame you either) but hard to ask for  anyone else to. Thing is, I actually dont believe people can list it, as its prob a load of rumours they've heard off xx mate etc!

Don't know why I'm even sticking my nose in tbh, must be the bottle of wine lol.  Cheesy
I wonder why I bothered also, but as Keith says, just because of rumours etc doesn't make the guy wrong for this incident and people coming on saying "hes a twat" without any reason for saying it (as prob never met him) i just find a bit childish like. But each man is entitled to his own opinion, it is a free world!
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 26, 2012, 06:35:06 AM »

I watched the secret millionaire last night ...
I don't know,never met or had anything to do with Andrew Feldman before

At the beginning of the program when he was going on about his car etc ...he looked like a right idiot
However as the programme progressed I thought he came across as a very caring but confused young man!

By the time the programme had finished I quite liked the guy!

He gave away 150k of his own money he could of done this in private but decided to do it on channel 4 which is typical for a young guy with ££ but I think it taught him a Lott and was good for him
Just my opinion!

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 26, 2012, 04:32:08 PM »

I just caught up with the secret millionaire and thought a lot of his tears were false. However he has done plenty of good with his donations so maybe should be cut a bit if slack.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 26, 2012, 06:03:40 PM »

Well said Jason
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 26, 2012, 06:05:46 PM »

[ ] altruistic giving

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 26, 2012, 06:16:56 PM »

[ ] altruistic giving
Fair point. But I heard a couple of horror stories about Pete Linton and you start to form opinions and judgements. Only when someone like Cos sticks up for him and you actually play and chat with the guy do you start to change those opinions. He also fell out with Sam and obv there is always two sides to every story. Stuff that is written down is often took the wrong way.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 11:07:59 PM by smashedagain » Logged

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 26, 2012, 06:40:11 PM »

When was it on? I set it to record it 9pm Monday 25th but at start of programme said it was replaced by show called "lifers"?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 26, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-secret-millionaire/4od#3367855
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: