blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:05:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Andrew Feldman
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Andrew Feldman  (Read 101497 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2012, 06:01:15 PM »

Noticed a status from Sam wishing good luck to Schwartz today. Obv no bad blood there

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 27, 2012, 06:20:31 PM »

Anywhere to watch the prem league online pls?

Maybe matchbook?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 27, 2012, 09:10:25 PM »

Luke is legit decent at the mixed games fwiw.

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 27, 2012, 10:11:22 PM »

he plays the big mixed game in the Vic a lot. Even if he wasn't, the big bet games, PLO and NLHE can paper over a lot of folding in the other games
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 29, 2012, 05:59:29 AM »

I dunno what you guys think of Mr. Feldman, but i sure fancy some of his home-cooked curry right about now.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 29, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »

http://www.thejc.com/lifestyle/lifestyle-features/69354/he-won-millions-poker-so-why-does-he-cry-so-much

ROFL at the last line

"His advice to aspiring poker players is to forget all notions of seeing big returns from the game. "Don't play poker online - the internet is a very dangerous place. Play with your friends and have fun...."

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: June 29, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »

That's not even the best bit.

"You'll be fine as long as you don't think you can make a living out of it, because you can't"

Always bumhunting. Come play me online, but only if you accept you can't win...

Really does himself no favours at all with this article. Fair enough if he's getting out of poker, but he's not. He says he wants to run charity tournaments! Good luck getting people along to those.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 29, 2012, 12:07:44 PM »

"I gave it 110 per cent...."

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 29, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »

What is the difference between good game selection skills and bumhunting?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: June 29, 2012, 12:29:11 PM »

If that's based on my comment, I was just pointing out the inherent comedy in his quote rather than making a judgement on him.

As to the question, I would say the degree to which said game selection is exercised.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 29, 2012, 12:43:51 PM »

If that's based on my comment, I was just pointing out the inherent comedy in his quote rather than making a judgement on him.

As to the question, I would say the degree to which said game selection is exercised.

No it wasn't really based on your comment.

It's something I've always thought strange to criticise someone over.

If Feldman is guilty of collusion or multi accounting or anything else he's been accused of, then he is contemptible.

But to criticise him because he doesn't want to play good players is childish.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 29, 2012, 01:07:27 PM »

He was renowned arsehole on betfair, snap sitting out when the fish got stacked, trying to drag the fish to his HU tables and just generally spoiling the game and being a bit rude etc etc

If Feldman is guilty of collusion or multi accounting or anything else he's been accused of, then he is contemptible.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 29, 2012, 08:04:38 PM »

Think you ment to do this

"He was renowned arsehole on betfair, snap sitting out when the fish got stacked, trying to drag the fish to his HU tables and just generally spoiling the game and being a bit rude etc etc"

This is all true.  You are sitting playing with a fish in the game feldman appears on the rail, telling him he is a fish, abusing him and inviting him heads up.  Or if Feldman was in the game, he'd be trying to drag the fish to his heads up table.  Wasn't the best strategy to make yourself popular with the other players. 

The multiaccounting thing was pretty common on betfair.  Let's just say Betfair seemed to take a relaxed view of people changing screen names, accounts.  I'd say the vast majority of regular players from my time managed to change screen names or accounts at one time.  Betfair even mass changed all their prop players at one time.  Well either betfair did it, or it was a huge coincidence.  Sure kept playing STTs after they did that.

I have no first hand knowledge of any of the other things he is accused of.

But as I said on another thread a couple of months ago, all this, and most of the rumours appear to be when he was younger and a few years ago.  It certainly isn't something I hold a grudge about.

He appears to be making an effort to change, so that should be applauded.  He has given a lot more to charity than I ever have.

Doobs

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 29, 2012, 08:14:13 PM »

Think you ment to do this

"He was renowned arsehole on betfair, snap sitting out when the fish got stacked, trying to drag the fish to his HU tables and just generally spoiling the game and being a bit rude etc etc"

This is all true.  You are sitting playing with a fish in the game feldman appears on the rail, telling him he is a fish, abusing him and inviting him heads up.  Or if Feldman was in the game, he'd be trying to drag the fish to his heads up table.  Wasn't the best strategy to make yourself popular with the other players. 

The multiaccounting thing was pretty common on betfair.  Let's just say Betfair seemed to take a relaxed view of people changing screen names, accounts.  I'd say the vast majority of regular players from my time managed to change screen names or accounts at one time.  Betfair even mass changed all their prop players at one time.  Well either betfair did it, or it was a huge coincidence.  Sure kept playing STTs after they did that.

I have no first hand knowledge of any of the other things he is accused of.

But as I said on another thread a couple of months ago, all this, and most of the rumours appear to be when he was younger and a few years ago.  It certainly isn't something I hold a grudge about.

He appears to be making an effort to change, so that should be applauded.  He has given a lot more to charity than I ever have.

Doobs

Don't see the problem if your a professional player, poker is about making money not making friends. I understand why the other players don't like it though.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 29, 2012, 10:02:56 PM »

Problem is woodsey it spoils the games for everyone - the weaker players have a worse time and the action is spoilt for the regs.

It would be great if we could all do these things, never play a hand vs another good player, snap get out of the game when the spot leaves, berate and insult the weaker guys to get all the action for ourselves, never play short-handed to start games. Would be wonderful, we'd all make a ton more money, problem is though there WOULD BE NO GAMES if we all acted like this, so all the regs give a little, show respect to the weaker players so they have a nicer time, play short handed with other good players for a little so the games start up give a bit of action and this is the sole reason the games ccan run.

Someone who acts like Feldman comes along, allows everyone else to give the action that creates the games and give none for himself, not just him there are loads like him.

Game selecting, i.e not taking X seat because your OOP to a good player, deciding to quit this one game because it seems tough and so on is good professional practice, albeit a little nitty.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: