blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:38:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Andrew Feldman
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Andrew Feldman  (Read 101530 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 03, 2012, 11:08:30 PM »

doubt many of the posters on here will know of aces poker

Biggest scam in UK poker history.

No one actually knows of the exact figure, I guess around 1/2 million went walkies.

And the really heart breaking thing for "investors" is if they had actually delivered what they promised, they would all be multi millionaires.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: September 03, 2012, 11:27:42 PM »

It's only relatively recently that gambling debts have been legally recoverable in the UK, so it's only relatively recently taking someone to court has been even an option.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 03, 2012, 11:29:51 PM »

A very good friend of mine was scammed by another poker player for 75k.

Think it would be a pretty watertight case if he had brought the police in.

He chose not to, if this guy ever cops a huge poker tournament I guess he'll exert a little pressure.

Instead he let everyone know this player is not to be trusted, and he'll have trouble getting credit for the rest of his life.

How about a bank? At the end of the day, we both know a lot of the deals in the gambling world aren't tracked as they should be, deals are done by word of mouth, and as such its impossible to bring it up in court. This was. I have no clue why you are trying to justify bringing the "boys" in, instead of a legal method of collection.

Gambling debts weren't even collectible a few years ago afaik.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 03, 2012, 11:31:52 PM »

Lol. Afaik bringing the boys in has a higher success rate than going to court to recover your debt.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 03, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »

Lol. Afaik bringing the boys in has a higher success rate than going to court to recover your debt.

Pretty sure if he didn't have kneecaps he wouldn't be working today...

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 03, 2012, 11:37:30 PM »

It's only relatively recently that gambling debts have been legally recoverable in the UK, so it's only relatively recently taking someone to court has been even an option.

I can think of many instances where fraud or theft would have been ample reasons to take to take someone to court.

No one chose to.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 03, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »

He chose not to, if this guy ever cops a huge poker tournament I guess he'll exert a little pressure.

Instead he let everyone know this player is not to be trusted, and he'll have trouble getting credit for the rest of his life.

How about a bank? At the end of the day, we both know a lot of the deals in the gambling world aren't tracked as they should be, deals are done by word of mouth, and as such its impossible to bring it up in court. This was. I have no clue why you are trying to justify bringing the "boys" in, instead of a legal method of collection.

Me? I wouldn't send the boys round.

Plenty would though and it worked in getting the Blatch money back.

I wouldn't do business with someone I didn't trust 100% but if I did get scammed I would try to make his life in the gambling world untenable unless he paid me.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 03, 2012, 11:45:13 PM »

I doubt a gambler could get 2k if he tried to borrow money from a bank.

If I really tried, I think I could borrow 100k from people I gamble with.

But if someone with a decent reputation put it around that I couldn't be trusted, that option would be taken away.

Reputation is everything in the gambling world.

At least, it used to be.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:53:46 PM by The Camel » Logged

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 04, 2012, 12:25:41 AM »

Cliffs anyone?

Basically Zimbler and Feldman used to live the same apartment building and were good friends. Then Feldman got a staffordshire bull terrier whom Zimbler believed swallowed an engagement ring he was going to use to propose to his then girlfriend.

Rather than confront him directly about it getting the ring back, Zimbler instead suggested he borrow Feldman's Audi to drive the dog to the vets. He drove off without the dog, and sold the car to a mutual Rabbi friend. Feldman was pissed off obviously and sued him for the value of the car.

Greatest cliffs ever!

Did the dog swallow a diamond/squeeky toy?  At what point do the pikeys and Eastend gangsters come into the story?
Lol. <3 Tyronne

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 04, 2012, 12:35:58 AM »

Are you sure about this, Skippy?

It's true that case law from 2005 about some of the Lloyd's Names raised the point that (he says, casting his mind back hopefully), if you gamble and then later discover that the contract was void from the moment it was agreed, you can recover your investment.

The point I'm making, though, is, if I lend you money and you don't pay it back, I can take you to court for it. It was possible to say that lending money for an immoral pursuit shouldn't amount to a contract, but that's a fair while back I think.

Happy to be wrong. Been a fair while since I did restitution!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 04, 2012, 07:06:23 AM »

would like to hear?
Me 2

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: September 04, 2012, 07:19:18 AM »

How does bankruptcy work in this country, if Zimbler won the next tourney he played and shipped £100k, would he have to hand some of it over to Feldman or does he get to keep the lot?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 04, 2012, 07:30:35 AM »

would like to hear?
Me 2

It's quite a long story, Lee, & quite an astonishing one, too. To be fair, you need to know the individuals involved for it to have full impact. Some are still around, & several "victims" are current members of blonde.

I'm sure Camel will deliver more succinct cliffs than I ever could. He used to Blog about it a fair bit, back in around 2004, 5 & 6 I seem to recall.

To this day, every time I see a certain gentleman from the Continent, he asks me if I know the whereabouts of those involved. Apparently, he wants to have a word. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 04, 2012, 07:34:52 AM »

would like to hear?
Me 2

It's quite a long story, Lee, & quite an astonishing one, too. To be fair, you need to know the individuals involved for it to have full impact. Some are still around, & several "victims" are current members of blonde.

I'm sure Camel will deliver more succinct cliffs than I ever could. He used to Blog about it a fair bit, back in around 2004, 5 & 6 I seem to recall.

To this day, every time I see a certain gentleman from the Continent, he asks me if I know the whereabouts of those involved. Apparently, he wants to have a word. 

Thanks tikay .....

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 04, 2012, 08:10:34 AM »

How does bankruptcy work in this country, if Zimbler won the next tourney he played and shipped £100k, would he have to hand some of it over to Feldman or does he get to keep the lot?

It lasts a year, Barry. For that year, the court-appointed Trustee In Bankruptcy manages your finances, including using any spare income over that time towards your debts. After 12 months from the Bankruptcy Order, the slate is wiped (obviously with credit rating affected).

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/Bankruptcy/DG_187323

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: