blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:06:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Blondes buy pieces of their hero Anthony 'Tikay' Kendall in the 2013 Main Event
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondes buy pieces of their hero Anthony 'Tikay' Kendall in the 2013 Main Event  (Read 58085 times)
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: July 06, 2013, 11:05:23 AM »

What time does this kick off in the UK?

Steve

12 noon is 8pm in the UK.

TY
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 06, 2013, 08:15:16 PM »

Update thread

http://bit.ly/13B7Dkh
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 06, 2013, 10:17:28 PM »

Maybe?

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:19:38 PM by scotty77 » Logged
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 07, 2013, 08:42:12 PM »

Good luck
 thumbs up
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 08, 2013, 06:56:12 PM »

I would like 1% if possible, i went back and saw sold out but also saw 75-90% and I'd hate to miss out. I offer a sticky bun as markup Smiley If not, very best of luck as always!

Of course, delighted to have a PLO8 chap on board.

You have to pay 1.sticky bun though.

Will send Bank Details in the morning.

Thank you.

I never received any bank details, I presume we are still booked and you know I'm good for it! I can send via Stars or Bank Xfer whenever you let me know whats happening. Good luck for day 2!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 08, 2013, 07:16:26 PM »

I would like 1% if possible, i went back and saw sold out but also saw 75-90% and I'd hate to miss out. I offer a sticky bun as markup Smiley If not, very best of luck as always!

Of course, delighted to have a PLO8 chap on board.

You have to pay 1.sticky bun though.

Will send Bank Details in the morning.

Thank you.

I never received any bank details, I presume we are still booked and you know I'm good for it! I can send via Stars or Bank Xfer whenever you let me know whats happening. Good luck for day 2!

Apologies, now SENT.

You are confirmed BOOKED.

Thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 09, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »

Day 2A interview with Tikay

Updates on Sky here

http://bit.ly/16nYQ1r
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 12, 2013, 09:05:42 PM »

Good afternoon.

Well after all the hype, & build up, I failed to cash. Officially, that is a bit of a bugger.

Alex has written so eloquently of how great this Tourney was, & I just can't write that well, but this summed it up....

Without doubt the greatest tournament I have ever played in. So sick. Will be abs devasted whenever I bust, especially if its before the $$.

I did my very best, but came up a good way short. No excuses, though a few facts.

Had a bad first level on Day One, sunk to 26,000, then found my feet, the table was grand, & small-balled my way up to 36,000. Had Q-Q three times (won twice), that was the biggest hand I had throughout. To be fair, if you have flair & imagination, who needs Aces? But I don't.....

Had a Table move late that day which was a disaster, it was like a tenner rebuy, I had no idea what to do. A kid with 1,000 invested (he had raised UTG) called all-in for 27,000 with 10-6..... I just sat there, totally befuddled.

Day Two was much better, & I was less nervous, & more comfortable.

Three times I got in a mess with Jacks.

Raised UTG with  , get five callers, it came K-Q-3 all hearts, so I just gave up.

The actual turning point was J-J again, this time 3 callers. It came A-5-2, two spades, & I wanted a free card (I know, I know) so I checked it, scared the Ace was out, there had been some aggro betting pre. On that flop, it got bet, & 3 bet, so I let go easily, only to see the Turn card come a Jack. Bugger! My misery was complete when all the chips went in on the river, it was A-K v..........5-5-5. Treble up spot MISSED.

The third occasion with J-J won me the Dewhurst Master Butcher Award. I'll stick it on PHA later, it was a very weird spot, & I out-thought myself. As it happens, I may have lost the hand anyway, but we shall never know.

So, that was that. Greatest fun I've ever had.

It hurt when I busted, I soon got over it, then it hurt more the next morning, when Day Three started. But I was a day & a bit shy of the money, so whether I would have cashed will never be known.

So, a big thank you to everybody. Amazingly, 61 folks pledged to buy a bit of action when it was re-opened, & every single one paid up, in advance. Incredible.   

A humbling, but fantastic, experience, thank you.

I will leave you with a quote Dino came up with this morning.....

"You don't cry because it's over. You smile because it happened."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:08:23 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 14, 2013, 09:17:16 PM »

Good effort.  thumbs up
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: