blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:25:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live 50/1 spot: Getting the max/line check
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live 50/1 spot: Getting the max/line check  (Read 2350 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »

Villain in this hand is rbc_mike on Blonde. We have a bit of a dynamic going on, the basics of which being that we're both comfortable level 4+ thinkers and that we both know that the other is a bit nitty, so ranges are widened but nobody is going to randomly take off. Villain is to my immediate left but we've not had many bvb battles in this session as of yet. Villain has just lost a decent pot, so while he might not be blowing off steam here, it's not out of the realms of possibility that he thinks I think he is.

Villain is playing £300~ and I just about cover.

Dealt:

One limper to me otb, I raise to £5, villain in the sb raises to £20, limper folds I call.

Flop (£41):

Villain bets £28 I call.

Turn (£97): two hearts

Villain bets £52 I call.

River (£201): two hearts Two Diamonds

Villain checks. We ??

Obviously betting here, but how much do we reckon represents what hand versus a thinking player and a player that probably expects me to bet a massive portion of my range when checked to on the river after calling two streets?

My first thought was the mash it all in, which is definitely what I'd do versus a fish as my hand very much looks like an AQ/AJ missed flush draw. Figured for this reason it would look pretty nutted to a decent player. My next thought was a £40-55 value bet for basically the opposite reasons, ie it's such an obvious value bet size that I shouldn't ever be bluffing but for that reason can be bluffing. Might get called by ace high, QQ/JJ.

I opted for £85 to basically merge these two thought processes, but I'm not sure if this still weights me towards value hands or what it does to the illusion of fold equity when I'm playing a little over £100 behind.

Thoughts?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 08:10:35 PM »

shove? doesnt look close???

also 4bet pre right?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:25:33 PM »

shove? doesnt look close???

also 4bet pre right?

Why and why?
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »

I rarely played level 4 thinking players Wink but...

Cant see any bet being paid off based on original idea that your both nits. He's never going to be inducing Acx kinda hand to bet as a bluff on this board texture. Nor is any Tx hand going to bet this river either.
I just shove and hope he has TT Wink Cant really see what else to do with 200 back and 200 in the pot. Nuts or nothing.
Get a maniac pleno image, shove river, get paid.

Pleno - 4b pre? sizing if so? 53? and then get it in pre obvs.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 08:32:02 PM »

people always call when theres a missed fd, we have less than a pot sized bet on the river and generally would shove if we were bluffing right so for balance and for value we want to shove?

theres a bunch of j9/qj/aj kinda hands that missed and im very surprised if he folds jj to a pot sized bet

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 08:55:58 PM »

Flushstr8ed
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »

Zerofive

Perhaps your original suggestion of jamming would be one of the least profitable lines given the OP. You have been offered SP odds to chase your flush to the river from rbc_mike and it would appear to a noob that you took that line, as 5X otb then to limp a 3bet w/ position looks like a preflop standard from a 4+ thinker with AcXc/XcXc . However, No rlly decent player would believe you have AcXc/XcXc here and that your jambluffing the river often enough to keep you honest which makes you right, you look stone nutted.
Because you are giving credit to rbc_mike as a good player with a similair style to you, and he you, he must adopt elements of game theory within his playing style and expect you to do the same. Which means you need to find yourself value bet sized bluffing this situation with AcXc/XcXc at the river after he checks to you at least occasionally to keep him guessing, as he would be calling the correct % of times for a nullEV. so I would take a standard £40-£60 river bet which doesn't looked nutted here, but does look like a valuebet sized bluff with AcXc/XcXc. your getting paid off by rbc_mike when he holds AX TT JJ QQ. Where as if you make it £60-£100 I don't feel he's calling with Ax. Long term it appears to me that not looking greedy here keeps you AK hidden to a decent £ showdown.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:23:31 PM by Flushstr8ed » Logged
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »

Discussed this with you after it happened. Didn't realise mike was rbc tho!
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 10:39:42 PM »

I rarely played level 4 thinking players Wink but...

Cant see any bet being paid off based on original idea that your both nits. He's never going to be inducing Acx kinda hand to bet as a bluff on this board texture. Nor is any Tx hand going to bet this river either.

Of course it's a bit of a nitfest here but it's also a hand between two regs. It's not like villain is a recreational nit or an old man, so I don't think it's correct to say he's not inducing bluffs.

I just shove and hope he has TT Wink Cant really see what else to do with 200 back and 200 in the pot. Nuts or nothing.
Get a maniac pleno image, shove river, get paid.

Also, I'm for sure not as polarised here as it first appears. I think jamming a pot sized bet on the river might be the worst line I can take as I'm never going to be bluffing so I'm only getting called by the top of his range ie TT and chops.

Pleno - 4b pre? sizing if so? 53? and then get it in pre obvs.

Why do we want to get this hand in versus a tight player who knows we're a tight player? We could try and invent fictitious levels here, but the fact is we're going to be very happy to flipping when 6b jam. If we're a little shallower and villain has been a little more active/overconfident/clearly tilted then maybe we can 4b call it off against basically AQ and flips.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 11:08:04 PM »

Just give him a dry smile look at the dealer a little nervously announce raise and slide out a stack and then start chewing the lower end of the sleeve of your jumper. Gotta sell eat customer..

On
River I disagree that we woe choose an all In size of we were going tO bet. If bully is correct on saying he calls 10a+ on the river to a jam then we have a very profitable jam

stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 12:25:47 AM »

I actually like calling pre rather than 4betting, if he's just lost a pot then you 4bet him it's so rare you're going to be light and I don't think you'll actually be doing too great vs his range if you get it in.

Flatting you under-rep your hand and its quite easy to win a decent size pot on A or Khi boards as people will expect you to have 4bet if you had AK. Also you give yourself the chance to flop dominating top pairs if he decides to 3bet the Ax or Kxs hands.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 01:06:45 AM »

Flatting pre is fine. You are going to be flatting a huge range of hands when he 3bets given the deep stacks and positions, and it is great to have a strong hand like this in your range.

Jam river now.
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 01:47:13 AM »

Just give him a dry smile look at the dealer a little nervously announce raise and slide out a stack and then start chewing the lower end of the sleeve of your jumper. Gotta sell eat customer..

I would have pissed myself
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 02:12:08 AM »

He's just lost a big pot and we have ak and it's live and be thinks we're competent. People just blow far too easily in these spots and probably one of big leaks from most live cash game regs. Exploit it IMO.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 04:34:55 AM »

I'm in the peel camp.

I'm also in the all-in camp.

You decide the streets.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »