blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:35:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Nat West fiasco
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Nat West fiasco  (Read 3241 times)
pokerfan

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2012, 10:07:56 PM »

Looks like they are blaming it on outsourcing to India.

I don't really care who's fault it is, just pay me !

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/jun/25/how-natwest-it-meltdown?newsfeed=true

WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:20:34 PM »

pay you what?
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:25:01 PM »

its only going to get worse...

as direct debits dont get paid then people lose services or face with companies.

Also if people didnt get paid last week and now have DD to pay they also wont be paid this week!

COuld be a lot more fuss kicked up yet!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 10:30:33 PM »

Any company that is half competent would make allowances for failed NW DDs as that would make their customers happy.

I guess most won't though...

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 10:35:10 PM »

Any company that is half competent would make allowances for failed NW DDs as that would make their customers happy.

The bank has stated they will pay so they've effectively made it open season for other companies to profiteer by adding charge after charge after charge. Bit ironic a bank being ripped off with charges.

The taxman better have plenty more rainy day funds to pay the bonuses this year.

Sandy
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 10:35:53 PM »

issue is most systems are computerised. i know we have been sent emails today (working for sky) to look out for it and also be mroe understanding for natwest customers.

The issue is after 2 failed DD attempts customers are automatically blocked.

As far as i am aware any natwest customer of sky wasent being blocked at the weekend (should have been 5000 blocks put in place but under 1000 went through)

But issue is say this week if we go for a DD (now systems are supposed to be back working) but the customers have no funds due to payments not being processed last week its impossible for us to know this and sometimes the only way you can get people to call in is to cut of their TV.

after working at sky now for 6 months i have noticed people are very quick to complain if they have been over charged, never complain when under charged, never complain when they notice the bill havent been paid, always complain when we turn their TV off.

If i was the big man at sky if i ever wanted a customers attention i would cut of their TV!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 10:44:04 PM »

I am a bit outraged by it and I wasn't even affected by it to be fair. Plus, it's not even the first time it has happened.

You have to laugh at how they have handled it so far though, they have said in an email to customers that customers can get £100 out of the bank at no charge if they go over the limit. So just £100, when this can affect people for days and upto a week? Just lol-worthy.

I got more pissed off with them because I went into bank on Friday and put quite a hefty amount into the bank, when I could have  put it elsewhere. They told me that money transfers was only affected online and that could be sorted within hours and phone transfers was also fine. So a problem cropped up and I had to transfer X amount of money to someone elses account, so tried to ring up and do it, guess what... you couldn't! Absolute angered me it did.

All this after significant improvements in products/services and the balance sheet. gtfo Natwest.

It's going to cost them £20m+
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 08:03:17 AM »

pay you what?

Work banks with Nat West, about 100 people still waiting for last weeks wages.

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 01:01:30 PM »

pay you what?

Work banks with Nat West, about 100 people still waiting for last weeks wages.

http://govanlc.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/natwest-rbs-ulster-bank-your-rights.html

Make sure then don't get shafted.

Sandy
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 01:03:05 PM »

Work bank is also with Natwest. They said they wont know if we will get paid or not til Thurs. Sweating the mortgage payment.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 01:32:43 PM »

My company banks with Natwest and there were no problems at all with outgoing payments.

It was only employees who personally bank with Natwest that didn't get their money.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 01:36:03 PM »

I'll take the overs please.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 01:45:48 PM »

I'll take the overs please.

I'll take the overs even if you add a zero.

My company banks with Natwest. We still don't know if we've had a big payment in, cash has been tight recently anyway, so wages at month end are touch and go. Going to have to go through manually as a bit late for autopay now anyway.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »

It looks as if it has all been sorted.
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »

We've been told our business account balance won't be fully correct until after overnight processing tonight.

Interesting story on The Reg about why it might have happened. Although having an axe to grind about outsourcing may be a factor there. But wouldn't surprise me if true. Not that Indian staff are necessarily incapable of course (far from it, in my experience), but if they just shifted the whole support operation out there, you've bound to lose a lot of knowledge. Weasel words from Hester of course. He could be standing outside the building where the servers live, but that's got bugger all to do with where they're operated from and I'm sure he knows that.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: