blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 07:24:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Advice pls on live cash game
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice pls on live cash game  (Read 3527 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 03:12:22 PM »

meh, i actually disagree about sitting deep.

the mistakes that they make very reguarly are calling 3bets too wide and making bad peels in general, the larger the stack sizes go the less of a mistake this is.

If you could play 100bb deep vs them the mistakes they make would be magnified and you could really start exploiting them.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 03:26:42 PM »

I suppose it depends in part on how able you are to spot that you're beaten on the flop and how likely you'll be to act on that feeling.

not sure if that is in relation to how deep he should sit - but its not good advice

cover all if possible

Everyone sitting there with 100 BB, am I gonna raise to 25BB with red A A , no. So I raise to 10 BB say cuz I'm still fed up with limpaments and I get called by a semiunknown and a drunk. I've been sitting there like a nit all night and most of the table know what my 10BB bet means. Flop 9 T Q clubs, drunk bet 40BB, semiunknown is all in. Am I right to call, not really. Some people can fold red AA, some cannot, some it depends how they feel, even though it may be right to fold. Then whether you are able to do the right thing on the flop should configure your preflop bet, should it not? Correct me if I'm wrong, you have more expertise than me.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
giveyourcash

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 03:41:13 PM »

Everyone sitting there with 100 BB, am I gonna raise to 25BB with red A A

Why not?

So I raise to 10 BB say cuz I'm still fed up with limpaments

This is not a valid thing to base you betsizing on.
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 04:03:49 PM »

As Alex pointed out, try raising more and more each time. Start at say 5, then next time 6 and keep going until you thin the field. The games Alex described at Gala were awesome for this. I remember one super deep game we were in, I was opening to 18 and getting 2-3 callers. Obviously you're only doing this with value hands though really.

Also you can be super exploitable with the fish in the game. If you have Aces, raise to say 7, if you have  raise to 4. It really is that easy lol
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »

Everyone sitting there with 100 BB, am I gonna raise to 25BB with red A A

Why not?

If I can, I do. Maybe the cash games with drunks down there are supersupercrazy, where I play although there is drunk craziness but still plenty of value from people who are cogent enough to know that a 25BB pfb is beating QQ.

I'm just trying to illustrate that I've seen plenty of situations where you're getting what you can in pre but there are situations where you shouldn't still be in the hand by the river and an enemy at the table is therefore the guy sitting in your seat who might not fold when he has to and you might want to remove that decisionmaking from him.

So I raise to 10 BB say cuz I'm still fed up with limpaments

This is not a valid thing to base you betsizing on.

By 'I'm fed up with limpaments' I'm referring to the OP's desire to see flops where you have AA without 5 other players in the hand. This is a valid thing to base your betsizing on.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »

I know these games can be very frustrating and a lot of the time if you don't pick up enough above average hands, you'll be sitting around very board wondering why you can't beat a game this easy on a regular basis. Because in live poker you're only being dealt on average aroung 25 hands per hour it can seem very frustrating being card dead and losing in these kind of games but what you've got to remember is these are THE best games you can play in no matter how boring and annoying they can be. it should be very tough for your opponents to win big pots off of you on a regular basis because these are the type of players that play VERY face up post flop and you should be exploiting this.

Basically, I think in these games you can get away with playing completely unbalanced because non of the players should be good enough to exploit you. I'd recommend playing hands that make strong top pair hands, all broad way cards ofc are the vest for this and 88+ ofc. If you haven't already i'd start includung hands like KJo and A9 in you preflop raising range wuite regularly because these kind of players will always call with worse hands and you can take them to value town postflop. Also make your raises BIG, like £10+ over a limp because this should in theory narrow down their preflop limp calling range when it is for more money and therefore make it easier for you to assign them a range.

It also isn't as bad thing to overlimp suited connectors because if you're isolating these hands it it hard to make a top pair hand and I think that in the long run overlimping 22-66 in these games can't be too bad either because there aren't many good flops for these hands that don't flop a set. Nobody will click on to the fact you're raising with broadway cards/pairs and overlimping other hands that have potential value postflop but be careful not to get too loose in your overlimping range. Don't start including 56o etc because its easy to get caught up in the limping fun but stay diciplined and you will start to show profit.

To summarise, bet big for value, don't be ashamed to overlimp suited connectors, stick to good top pair hands and bet big postflop, don't give your opponents the opportunity to draw for cheap. Don't ever feel like you're being owned at any point, these people are just playing their cards and playing completely face up so when they a represents a certain hand they usually have it so just continue with the strategey and you will start to crush.
biggy333

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 07:09:13 PM »

Sounds v similar to gala Leeds. Me and another guy started  to go higher and higher during one session and around £16/17 ish u can normally thin the field down to 1/2/3 callers it's not gonna be this every night/ table tho. Obv dint limp£1 /call £6 all night then suddenly raise £16 with a premium. Like the guy said before start at £6 then £7 etc til u reach the point ur looking for eg couple players to the flop. I find if it's limped 4/5 players £1 and then u make it £6/7/8 ppl jus call/call/ call . U have to make it £12+ to get a few folds.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:24:59 PM by biggy333 » Logged
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 07:28:31 PM »

dont play roulette

Just me
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 10:07:40 PM »

you beat these games by doing two things.

1) Making good, thin value bets.

2) Picking off the spazzy bluffs.

Just focus on these two things always at low stakes stuff, this is the simplest and most effective method, no need for any flair or fanciness here.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: