blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:08:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  AK preflop cash 6max
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AK preflop cash 6max  (Read 4741 times)
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:32:33 PM »

Daft Q.... Just been running through some HH and noticed that getting it in pf with AK seems to be costing me a chunk at the moment.    It's prompted some debate with a few people.   Obv a lot of the time person, situation 7 action dependent.   But interested on peoples thoughts on if getting it in pf with AK pf at say NL200 or NL400 6 max is a long term winner or loser?

".....and Buckley ponders how to play Aces to lose the maximum."
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »

with the greatest respect, asking this question you really shouldn't be playing mid stakes.

i would say that its not even nl2 thinking, everything in poker is situational and this question is just so flawed as you need to be specific about everything and take everything in to account. there are times you should 4/call ak, there are times you should 7b/call ak, there are times you should open fold ak to a 3bet infront of yiou, there are times you should fold ak to a normal 3bet there are times you should 4b fold ak, etc etc etc.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 05:47:06 PM »

with the greatest respect, asking this question you really shouldn't be playing mid stakes.

Keep your opinions to yourself pads - of course he should

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 09:11:59 PM »

tbf expected a rub down for posting, it was prompted by a conv with someone who said something generic about AK pf that I disagree with but whom i respect.   I perfectly understand it's situational and thought i'd covered that in the op.    I'll take the advice and drop to 10c/20c ta

".....and Buckley ponders how to play Aces to lose the maximum."
discomonkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 02:29:36 PM »

getting it in with ak pre is a very broad subject,

for example, if at 400nl you are in the big blind and utg raise, utg+1 3bets, the co 4bets and the button 5bet shove, you can fold your ak knowing you have about a snowball in hells chance of being ahead..... should a 40bb stack open then button you 3bet and he shoves, its a clear and easy call....

try not to think about each pair of cards in a predefined way and assess it in the context of the situation and the hand as a whole.

hope that helps .... plus i wouldnt be playing at 200 or 400nl yet either.
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 07:45:35 AM »

Post specific hands
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: