blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:58:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274184 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16955 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live game, Manchester Megastack
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live game, Manchester Megastack  (Read 1978 times)
mouth

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2012, 05:50:20 PM »

I've never used this section before, so bear with me if I post incorrectly or whatever, but i went out of the Megastack in Manchester yesterday on a hand that has annoyed me, so would appreciate candid answers.

It's a long clock, 25K starting stack. I'd lost most of my stack earlyish with JJ vs AA, then doubled up with AK. Blinds are only 100/200, I had about 14K at start of hand.

Found KK UTG, raised to 500, was called by two players, the cut off who i knew liked rag aces and Mad Marty Wilson in the BB.

Flop 10d

I c bet 900 and was called by the cut off. I'm genuinely done with the hand now as I assume he has an ace. However, the turn in the , giving me a set. the board is a bit nasty with two flush draws plus the straight is now there as well if he called with QJ.

I decided to bet again, as if he is holding an ace I want to extract as much as possible, and if he is drawing, I'd like to stop the action there. I don't know if others would bet or not here? I bet 3100 into a pot of 3600.

River is a low heart. I'm not overly worried about the back door flush coming on the river, and I dont have him on the straight as i'm thinking he would have had to raise the straight on the turn with such a dodgy board. If he was diamond flushing I think im not getting paid any more anyway, if he has a raggy ace he may even bet into me if I check, plus I just dont like the board, so I check.

He instantly goes all in for 40K+.

The pot is about 10K, Ive got maybe 8 or9K left behind me.

Even though I'd been convinced all along he only had a raggy ace, Im now wondering if he maybe had a flush draw after all and has missed, so decided all in is the only way to win, as he's read my river check as a sign of having a weak hand?

Anyway I call.

He does indeed have a raggy ace. Ah , giving him the nut heart flush on the river.

Obviously I had never considered the possibility of his raggy ace being hearts and getting there. So what I'm asking, how did I play this hand? Would prefer more constructive answers than "you're shit" or similar, I appreciate I obviously made a bad call, as I lost lol, but would like to know what I could have done better/differently (other than fold the river obv) I just dont see how I do get away there after his all in, bearing in mind my read on his hand, and the way the hand played out.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
prettygreen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 06:03:30 PM »

only need to be good here 50% of the time so i defo call, although its not unusual to be shown the nuts here often. 50p!
MC
Super

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 09:28:44 PM »

I think you should jam river.

He just checks all his hands with showdown value, and would probably call a shove with any hand he value owns himself with when you check the river.

He would likely ditch bare diamond draws to this big bet on the turn, and doubt he turns combo draws into a bluff too often.

River is a sigh call, as he jams worse sets and perhaps some 2 pairs he has played passively, and a small chance he could be spazzing, but we def see a flush or JQ here plenty.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
@epitomised
prettygreen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 09:55:11 PM »

I think you should jam river.

He just checks all his hands with showdown value, and would probably call a shove with any hand he value owns himself with when you check the river.

He would likely ditch bare diamond draws to this big bet on the turn, and doubt he turns combo draws into a bluff too often.

River is a sigh call, as he jams worse sets and perhaps some 2 pairs he has played passively, and a small chance he could be spazzing, but we def see a flush or JQ here plenty.

Defo this. didn't realise we checked but yeh you will go insane if you only value bet nuts on the river, easy after a few bad hands to get in the mindset of 'oh i bet they got it' and just tilt fold.
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 10:23:47 PM »

only need to be good here 30% of the time so i defo call, although its not unusual to be shown the nuts here often. 50p!

fyp
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 10:31:16 PM »

When isthis on?

Just me
prettygreen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 10:58:27 PM »

only need to be good here 30% of the time so i defo call, although its not unusual to be shown the nuts here often. 50p!

fyp

Yeh this. Sigh
judgedredd13

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 09:14:58 AM »

river play depends on your read of the guy imo. with stacks the way they are I think I'd get tricky on the turn. The board is so wet that I think he will bet almost almost all of his range if we check. If he has a flopped flush draw he will see your check as weakness and bet here at least a decent amount of the time imo and he will often bet for protection with his ax type hands as the board is getting dodgey as you said. If we can check jam this turn this is pretty awesome victory for us and stacks seem really good for this play. The cool thing about checking turn is even though there are alot of bad cards that can come on the river if we look at it realistically most the deck are still blanks and we have a super disguised strong hand. Say turn does go check check and river is a brick we can once again check, he should bet all his range again here. If he has a missed draw he will bet and he should bet all of his value hands also. Now we can check jam the river also, villain in this spot will usually be like fml then so confused end up tilt calling alot anyways with his value range. Say the river is not too great for usi.e a diamond that completes some straight draws etc we should bet small and fold to a raise as his range is made up of flushdraws and ax type hands and he will almost never start turning his ax hands into bluffs and were pretty much always going to be beat if he raises but if he calls our hand is still going to be good alot of the time. I don't always bet this flop also. I think id prefer to check call a street and if he bets turn think about check folding but obviously not in this case when we make sets Smiley
judgedredd13

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 10:11:12 AM »

I looked back at the stacks and I think you have too much for check jamming turn to be good. If you had a little less I'd take that line. I think betting turn is better with these stacks afterall and then river decide if you think he has a made value hand go all in and try and get called by worse or check call if you think he has a missed flush draw. If you think this villain is not likely to bluff rivers and check back his missed draws alot then jamming river becomes alot more apealing. I think jamming is probably best
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 04:49:20 PM »

Thanks for comments, very much appreciated that people take the time to give their advice. off to Bolton tonight to have another go, I'm really not a great tourney player at all but feel I'm making some improvements, it definitely helps to get other peoples views.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 02:37:56 AM »

For me it would depend on what I put the guy on and who I was playing the hand vs. If you check and the guys how u described him in OP, then I'm pretty sure he bluffs river or bets all 2 pair/ big AX 's ... I don't mind the check call on river to players like this, as will give them chance to bluff too, if it's a more capable player and you range them on a good ace or 2 pair then defo shove for value.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 02:39:52 AM »

Just in case the young ones get spooked by the OP, just making sure that you get as many responses as possible

Hero (14,000)
Villain (Covers)

Hero has

Hero raises to 500, CO calls, BB calls

Flop (1600)

BB checks, Hero bets 900, Villain calls, BB folds

Turn (3400)

Hero bets 3100, Villain calls

River (9600)

Hero checks, Villain is all in for 9500 effective, Hero ??

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 02:40:05 AM »

Whether we have the is fairly significant here I think. If we don't have the then he can have some turned pair+FD+gutter hands. If we don't have the then I definitely like betting big. People just don't like folding a pair of aces and a ton of the flush draw combos that he has also have pairs/gutshots/both which he isn't folding to any sizing besides maybe all in. Certainly not the standard betsize in this scenario but its live and villain is likely a recreational player so lets do some exploitative bet sizing.

His range on the river I think we can weight towards missed combo draws, some of which have a King, some AJ/AQ, some missed diamond draws and some heart combos too. I highly doubt that he flats twice with sets/2pr hands on this board since recreational players love to smash it in hoping not to get outdrawn. Given that range we're hardly ever getting called when we jam but he might look up a smaller bet with Ax/Kx. I don't expect this type of player to ever turn these hands into bluffs so we can merrily just bet/fold.

I don't like checking because (if you agree with my ranges) he's almost certainly going to check back everything that isn't a flush so when we check it should be to check/fold vs that range. If you start throwing smaller sets in there and maybe AT then its closer but there are more Axhh combos than there are of sets and 2pair hands so its probably still a check/fold. Two pair hands he probably bets smaller too.

So yeah...3600/fold river would be best here imo

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 11:43:23 AM »

Great help Dan. Much appreciated

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
MC
Super

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 09:19:44 PM »

Just in case the young ones get spooked by the OP, just making sure that you get as many responses as possible

Hero (14,000)
Villain (Covers)

Hero has

Hero raises to 500, CO calls, BB calls

Flop (1600)

BB checks, Hero bets 900, Villain calls, BB folds

Turn (3400)

Hero bets 3100, Villain calls

River (9600)

Hero checks, Villain is all in for 9500 effective, Hero ??

What are the blinds Mr Helpful?

Tongue

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
@epitomised
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: