blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:40:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  nigdawg ept barcelona hr + sides
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: nigdawg ept barcelona hr + sides  (Read 14730 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2012, 09:23:11 AM »

Enjoyed the honesty in your reports. There is not much i can say really, thanks for the updates, get the lot soon, we both know its coming!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2012, 03:58:38 PM »

Internet was down last night so couldn't update but I busted the 10k like 56th place or something 90 mins into day 2 Sad

Never got above the 76k I started the day with which was frustrating. Early on I peeled an open with 99 vs a good german online player and flop Q93sss, he bets I call, turn J he check calls 7k into 13k then leads 13k on river leaving me pretty handcuffed and I folded. Won most those chips back by squeezing A9s pre out the bb and cbetting in a couple other pots before the table broke. With 72k @600/1200 my new table looked decent despite being oop to 2 good players. I lost a pot vs Saar wilf where I opened A3o from co and cbet real small on AT4r, which he c/r after thought. I called thinking his vrange was very thin (44/A4/AT) and that my small cbet may have induced him. Turn Q he checks with a puzzled look on his face and calls my 1/6th pot bet I figured he had like KQ/QJ etc then river card J means I don't beat much at all. I considered bluff shoving him in for pot on the river when he checked but decided against it and checked thinking my hand could never really be good. He had ATss. Maybe coulda saved myself 3.5k by just checking back turn and folding rivers, and like I said maybe could bluff shove river to try make him fold 2 pair but I'm not sure if he would or not.

Lost another hand vs big stack old French guy splashing around playing too many hands where I 3b his mp open from the sb with KJs an made a bad cbet on 543hh. Flop like this I should just c/f vs him because he is too loose to only fire 1 cbet against and I do not really want to barrel off with no equity vs him either. Good player was in the bb so I'm completely fine with 3betting pre for value but yeh cost myself 7k by bet folding flop, sigh.

Bust out hand, I open 77 from utg+1/mp 7 handed, good player flats co, fish flats btn, fish flats sb and with 12k in there peter jetted squeezes the bb to 11.2k. We were both playing 48k and I think this is an excellent spot for him to squeeze. I'm sure he would realise this too although being a cash player I'm not too sure of how often he actually DOES squeeze. With the way the stacks are I just can't do anything except shove or fold any hand (hence why I think it's a good squeeze). Standing to win 22k by shoving I figured it was ok to shove 77 here, expecting no1 else to call behind ever, and the bb to call with like 99+/AK-AQ giving me like 35% equity or something when he does call. Given I will have that much equity I don't think he needs to be folding all that often to make the shove good. He called with AA though which didn't end too well.

Don't think im playing my best right now so I apologise for that, but I really was looking forward to this week and I've come away pretty tilted. Taking a few days off for a family holiday (even missing Sundays lol!). Thanks for the stake.

Only thing i would say with regards to the squeeze is hes less likely to be light when 2 fish peel pre. Not sure what teh blinds are but it looks pretty big aswell.

Unlucky on the package and enjoy the break Smiley

@whollyflush on twitter
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: