blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Everything sucks.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything sucks.  (Read 3021 times)
TL900

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »

9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: travisohc (11910 in chips)
Seat 2: LanexPro (17521 in chips)
Seat 3: Mt.Spewmore (14076 in chips)
Seat 5: Folkavo (27605 in chips)
Seat 6: aJarov (22609 in chips)
Seat 7: lowkeynz (27162 in chips)
Seat 8: swanseaj (6301 in chips)
Seat 9: ohulahan1 (16616 in chips)
travisohc: posts the ante 100
LanexPro: posts the ante 100
Mt.Spewmore: posts the ante 100
Folkavo: posts the ante 100
aJarov: posts the ante 100
lowkeynz: posts the ante 100
swanseaj: posts the ante 100
ohulahan1: posts the ante 100
Folkavo: posts small blind 250
aJarov: posts big blind 500
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Mt.Spewmore [ ]
lowkeynz: raises 500 to 1000
swanseaj: folds
ohulahan1: folds
travisohc: folds
LanexPro: folds

OR's first hand at the table no reads.   Fold, Call, 3bet/Call, 3bet/Fold, which is optimal and why?

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:19:28 PM »

What tournament?

I raise to my year of birth, if his 4 bet includes the month (10) or the day in it I timebank Jam, if not fold.

See three, let blinds come along and flop a set is optimal
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 06:31:18 PM »

Comp is important. Probably jus 3/call vs most although do think it's close.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 07:03:37 PM »

11 cubed i believe

@MtSpewmore
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 01:14:41 PM »

bump

@MtSpewmore
SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »

I agree, everything sucks lol

my initial reaction was to 3bet call, but we are surely going to be crushed against his 4b jam range from UTG? Really dont want to 3bet/fold TT. I think I'd flat here, is that bad?... either that or "accidentally" hit the reset button on my PC
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »

my initial reaction was to 3bet call, but we are surely going to be crushed against his 4b jam range from UTG? Really dont want to 3bet/fold TT. I think I'd flat here, is that bad?... either that or "accidentally" hit the reset button on my PC

meh i bet we would be flipping vs a realistic range, i.e 88+ aq+ and a few combos of spaz. like 6 combos of hands he jams that aren't premiums.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »

Dunno how much we can expect OR to spaz here? Our 3bet would look pretty strong.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »

its 2012 tho, everybody is 3betting vs utg right?

PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 06:03:57 AM »

I probably 3b/call...

While we are not exactly in love with the situation, we flip vs many peoples getting it in range here. He also has a large enough stack that if he is a more aggressive player he can be raising all sorts of hands (ie suited connectors etc) which he will fold a good chunk of the time which is fine, and occasionally spaz with which is even more fine...
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 09:52:42 AM »

I probably 3b/call...

While we are not exactly in love with the situation, we flip vs many peoples getting it in range here. He also has a large enough stack that if he is a more aggressive player he can be raising all sorts of hands (ie suited connectors etc) which he will fold a good chunk of the time which is fine, and occasionally spaz with which is even more fine...

If a decent portion of his range is suited connectors surely calling is better. Really can't see anyone spazzing out to our stack. I would peel pre

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »

I would CALL pre.
I think the fact that we have no info on villian makes it more of a flat. ie-If he's raising a very narrow range from UTG we will be better off playing the flop in position without inflating the pot.
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 11:08:48 AM »

I agree with this. I think pocket tens is not good enough to 3 bet call with as most of the time we are in pretty bad shape against an UTG 4 bet range. whereas if we do hit another ten, most likely in a multi way pot, we could get the lot.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »

5th best hand in Hold em yo

the rage

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »

5th best hand in Hold em yo

I see what you are saying Pleno. I actually think that this is a really interesting hand for people to look at. Certainly for less experienced players such as myself.
On one hand, 3 bet folding looks, on the face of it, pretty bad to me, as we go down from a stack with plenty of options to one where our options become somewhat reduced.
However, by 3 bet calling, we dispense with the advantage of position that we have. We then have to rely on villian 4 betting with a range of hands that TT is in good shape against to make it profitable. Of course, there is still a chance that one of the blinds wakes up with a hand that they want to play.
 If we flat call, we play the hand in position, for a 2bb cost, with lots of good options, with the benefit of seeing the fop.
 If we 3 bet and villian folds, we haven't actually won a massive amount, altho any extra chips are no bad thing.
 It's still a CALL for me, but i would be really be interested to hear other peoples thought processes for this one.
Cheers for posting it TL900.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: