blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 06:00:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Just how good will the Olympics be?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just how good will the Olympics be?  (Read 129878 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: August 05, 2012, 11:59:10 AM »

Where can I find the schedule of events? And/or can someone tell me what time the 100m semis are please?
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 05, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »

BBC has a great Olympic website

toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: August 05, 2012, 12:39:38 PM »

Where can I find the schedule of events? And/or can someone tell me what time the 100m semis are please?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/schedule-results - just click the blue box for the sport and theres a schedule for each event today

100m
19:45    Semi-finals   
21:50    Final
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: August 05, 2012, 12:59:40 PM »

Does this mean we can claim Michael Johnson as a Brit now?
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 05, 2012, 01:04:44 PM »

Just got in after what can only be described as the best sporting day of my life - ainec.  Feel very privileged to be there this evening - and very conscious many other blondes would want to be and I was one of the few who got lucky with tickets after much frenetic "refreshing" and late nights earlier in the week.  However, I know I am amongst friends here so I thought I'd share a few pieces of the evening.

Firstly - the volunteers, the police and the armed forces - just incredible and are playing a huge part in creating the most wonderful atmosphere....I'm not sure if they've been carefully selected, well trained or just an incredibly positive bunch of people.  They all greeted you with a smile, said goodnight when you left and answered any question like it was you helping them - just amazing.  Secondly - the organisation, if anyone dares suggest we can't organise an event of this scale again, they are plain mad.  The security clearance put BAA to shame - smooth, friendly and thorough; the food was pretty dam good, toilets immaculate and best of all a beer man or woman with a back pack on there whenever I needed one.

What can you say about the stadium and the fans that filled it?  Such a feel good factor from the minute I arrived, even after the somewhat poor start when we all thought Dai Greene had failed to make it through.  Spirits remained high and when Rutherford leaped out to 8.20m plus the whole stadium lifted - think many of us knew that first jump could win in what has been a poor season of long jumping.  At this point, I began to share my bets for the evening with the new friends I had made around me - which gave a little extra excitement altho it really didn't matter.  Jessica was immense, i thought the roof was going to come off when she took the lead in the final straight and also thought it couldn't get any better; I love Jess but I was wrong.  Greg held, gamble landed and gold number two (I did lose half a point ew on Tomlinson wtf Wink

Enter Mo Farah - don't know how it looked on TV but I sensed he was pretty comfortable throughout the race; as cool, calm and collected as when he smashed the cube.  The noise in the stadium was deafening - and as he kicked on with 600m in to go the place went absolutely ballistic.  As you'll see from earlier in the thread (no aftertiming) was also the first leg of a double and with Shelly Ann and a treble with Usain - I put Trigg onto it early but doubt he listened.  Nice little bonus.

Then the highlight of the evening - as Mo did his lap of honour, the womens 100m was about to start - he has to take cover and dive in a funnel on the 3rd bend, I'm in row 5, two seats from the funnel - he's just stood there, very surreal.  He signed autographs, shook hands - then most impressively of all told us all to hush as the 100m was about to start - what a class act, totally selfless.  Got a few pics - I was shaking like a leaf but managed to get the words out "great race, congrats Mo" - he smiled and said thanks.  Never put a pic up here so don't know how but will dump on facebook.

Shelly Ann duly obliged in the 100m, didn't really care too much by this stage - however a nice little bonus.  

An impromptu rendition of "All you need is love" was very cool - due to the fact there was an appeal and Jess's medal ceremony was delayed, made the end to the evening very British before the final medal ceremony, a fitting end with Jess collecting her gold and the whole stadium erupting.

Like I say, very special day, some amazing memories and some inspirational performances - feel blessed to have been fortunate enough to be there...and hate to be sentimental but hope my old man was watching.

I was going to write another report, but Shaun saved me the task so +1 to all this (except I backed Jeter in the 100m grrr)

Must say the singing of All You Need is Love was the highlight for me.

Never seen so many happy people in one place. Even the Police were smiling!

EDIT: Having said all that, it was still a short head behind the cycling. The atmosphere inside the velodrome was like nothing I've ever experienced before.. but mostly because I'm rapidly devolping an unhealthy obsession for Ms Pendleton!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:07:36 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: August 05, 2012, 01:22:06 PM »

Was brilliant to see him as excited as Jackson and Lewis. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 05, 2012, 01:22:15 PM »

dont know what you see in here to be honest....

Click to see full-size image.

wouldnt touch her with yours...
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: August 05, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »

dont know what you see in here to be honest....

Click to see full-size image.

wouldnt touch her with yours...

Nice wheel.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 05, 2012, 02:06:18 PM »

What you might not realise is that this photo was taken a short time after a pretty unpleasant mugging. Leaving her with a single wheel was harsh

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: August 05, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »

Watching the sailing (with the experienced eye of a regular cross channel ferry user) now & Ben Ainslie in Gold position  Smiley

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: August 05, 2012, 02:37:59 PM »

Watching the sailing (with the experienced eye of a regular cross channel ferry user) now & Ben Ainslie in Gold position  Smiley

& wins Gold 

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 05, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »

sigh @ ChipRich

J P Moody ‏@jpmood
Oh god. @shrewdie1 just said to me did Ainsley Harriott just win a Gold medal in sailing. #TeamGB

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 05, 2012, 03:06:08 PM »

Was brilliant to see him as excited as Jackson and Lewis.  

Johnson was cheering the American Galen Rupp go past 2nd close home to get a silver medal mugs.

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: August 05, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »

Anyone else think that Murray's outfit is a bit too blue? Cheesy

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 05, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »

Ben Ainslie wins Gold.  Amazing year for British sport to consider a man who's just won his 4th gold won't even be in with a sniff for the SPOTY.

Time For Andy and Louis to step up and join the Gold Rush.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: