blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:41:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Just how good will the Olympics be?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just how good will the Olympics be?  (Read 130629 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: August 11, 2012, 10:55:25 PM »

BBC's Olympic coverage cost £5.58 per UK person apparently

That's for TV, radio, web

Tick.

Oh dear what the moaners gonna whine about now lol?  Cheesy

Got a link to that btw?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2138361/London-2012-Olympics-Can-BBC-coverage-expense-necessary-produce-really-justified.html

£5.38 per licence payer quoted in here, including Jubilee coverage too

Ty Ty, know a few moaners getting that lol.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 11, 2012, 11:00:20 PM »

Bring back Grandstand BBC.

Saturday afternoons of all sorts of sports that you simply don't see on TV these days.

Let the Premiership and the like that brings in the big advertising revenue be on Sky,

but for all the stuff like Handball, Volleyball, BMX etc that you don't see anywhere, lets be having it please

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 11, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »

Olympics really has been the greatest show on Earth, BBC have done fantastic with their coverage, couldn't have asked for more.

Going to miss it too.  Back to crappy old football for the next 10 months.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 12, 2012, 12:25:10 AM »

Olympics really has been the greatest show on Earth, BBC have done fantastic with their coverage, couldn't have asked for more.

Going to miss it too.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 12, 2012, 12:27:52 AM »

Saturday afternoons of all sorts of sports that you simply don't see on TV these days.

Let the Premiership and the like that brings in the big advertising revenue be on Sky,

but for all the stuff like Handball, Volleyball, BMX etc that you don't see anywhere, lets be having it please

No chance.

Sports fans watch Jeff Stelling and the crew on Saturday afternoons now.

Nothing can touch it.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 12, 2012, 12:32:01 AM »

No chance.

Nothing can touch it.

I don't it's shite, and most of my mates would watch something else too if there was a choice. That's the problem, all the money has gone down one rabbit hole and its not a good thing unless your a footy fan.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 12, 2012, 12:37:48 AM »

No chance.

Nothing can touch it.

I don't it's shite, and most of my mates would watch something else too if there was a choice. That's the problem, all the money has gone down one rabbit hole and its not a good thing unless your a footy fan.

You like rugby,  you don't count as a sports fan Smiley

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 12, 2012, 12:40:50 AM »

No chance.

Nothing can touch it.

You like rugby,  you don't count as a sports fan Smiley

I like loads of sports I just hate footy.  Smiley
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 12, 2012, 12:41:38 AM »

Saying it's shite is pretty stupid, it's a million times better than it's competition, you may not like it but it isn't shite.

Anyway, take this over to the shit Olympics thread that some moron made plz, only positivity should be in this thread for the greatest games ever.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 12, 2012, 12:45:20 AM »

Saying it's shite is pretty stupid, it's a million times better than it's competition, you may not like it but it isn't shite.

Anyway, take this over to the shit Olympics thread that some moron made plz, only positivity should be in this thread for the greatest games ever.

If its my opinion how can it be stupid, unless you think I'm stupid?     Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:46:48 AM by Woodsey » Logged
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1000 on: August 12, 2012, 08:17:29 AM »

Football has robbed me of other sports, the only other sports I watch is boxing and snooker. These Olympics have profoundly changed my outlook on sport. I hope this will be the catalyst for more robust exposure of all sport on TV.

The thought of watching thick as pigshit millionaires not trying on the pitch, when I have been exposed to intelligent hard working olympians giving it their all for probably no money, seems mundane.

Seeing partisan crowds abusing opposition teams (and their own players), when I've seen amazing crowds cheer EVERYONE participating, will be hard to go back to.

Watching Alan Hansen and Mark Lawrenson reviewing the action, instead of Michael Johnson, no thanks.

I'm sure I'll get back into the footy, especially if Wednesday get a reasonable start, but it just seems very lukewarm after all this. Didn't even realise the community shield was on until a few seconds ago.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 12, 2012, 08:20:10 AM »

Football has robbed me of other sports, the only other sports I watch is boxing and snooker. These Olympics have profoundly changed my outlook on sport. I hope this will be the catalyst for more robust exposure of all sport on TV.

The thought of watching thick as pigshit millionaires not trying on the pitch, when I have been exposed to intelligent hard working olympians giving it their all for probably no money, seems mundane.

Seeing partisan crowds abusing opposition teams (and their own players), when I've seen amazing crowds cheer EVERYONE participating, will be hard to go back to. Watching Alan Hansen and Mark Lawrenson reviewing the action, instead of Michael Johnson, no thanks.

I'm sure I'll get back into the footy, especially if Wednesday get a reasonable start, but it just seems very lukewarm after all this. Didn't even realise the community shield was on until a few seconds ago.

I love Barry Crater.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 12, 2012, 08:21:53 AM »

My ears are still ringing from the roar in the stadium for mo's last lap, most excited I've ever been at a live sporting event. Scottish guys next to me crying while belting out god save the queen I shall never forget. Gonna miss the olympics.
MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 12, 2012, 09:06:53 AM »

Amazing performance by Mo.

Prob watched at least 12 hours a day every day, gonna prob start crying once its all over. Suffer badly from post-tournament depression after every euro's/ world cup and this is gonna be ten time worse.

By the way, what was Mo's wife looking so pissed off about when he went over to her after winning gold? Mo looked a bit upset for a while afterwards Sad
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1004 on: August 12, 2012, 09:37:42 AM »

Amazing performance by Mo.

Prob watched at least 12 hours a day every day, gonna prob start crying once its all over. Suffer badly from post-tournament depression after every euro's/ world cup and this is gonna be ten time worse.

By the way, what was Mo's wife looking so pissed off about when he went over to her after winning gold? Mo looked a bit upset for a while afterwards Sad

I noticed that, there is no wonder he likes going on long runs away from the house.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: